IT'S OFFICIAL!!!

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 22nd, 2007, 08:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm OVER budget...

...and there are still 9 days left in the month!!!

On the flip side, I don't think I've ever saved this much or had so many rebates in one month.
August 22nd, 2007, 08:07 PM
CBMS
Don't sweat it. I've been over, and then the next month is really kickin'.
August 22nd, 2007, 08:28 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
Ok, that is totally NOT what I thought this thread was going to be about ... B)
August 22nd, 2007, 08:44 PM
paganempath
I'm sure to be more overbudget than anyone this month. I'm doing a mini-stockpile on diapers this week to use up expiring coupons. Our income has taken a few hits this month so I'm hoping I can tone down the spending from now on though.
August 22nd, 2007, 09:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Ok, that is totally NOT what I thought this thread was going to be about ... B)[/b]
I wish!

I think you have baby on the brain!!!
August 22nd, 2007, 10:25 PM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Ok, that is totally NOT what I thought this thread was going to be about ... B)[/b]
I thought the same thing!!!

Quote:
I'm sure to be more overbudget than anyone this month. I'm doing a mini-stockpile on diapers this week to use up expiring coupons. Our income has taken a few hits this month so I'm hoping I can tone down the spending from now on though.[/b]
I've got to talk DH into buying lots of diapers before the end of the month, too!!! I think I'll be able to though because Walmart has Pampers Jumbos on sale for $7.87 (or something like that) right now and I've got the $3 Learn and Feel coupons and the Free Kandoo coupons that I'm going to try to use with them. For that kind of a deal, I don't think he can say no!
August 23rd, 2007, 04:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I always seem to be over budget. I'm not to sure if I need to spend less or raise it. I'm not even counting for this month anymore.

August 23rd, 2007, 07:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
i wish i had the option of being over budget

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
August 23rd, 2007, 07:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
I thought the same thing!!!

Quote:
I'm sure to be more overbudget than anyone this month. I'm doing a mini-stockpile on diapers this week to use up expiring coupons. Our income has taken a few hits this month so I'm hoping I can tone down the spending from now on though.[/b]
I've got to talk DH into buying lots of diapers before the end of the month, too!!! I think I'll be able to though because Walmart has Pampers Jumbos on sale for $7.87 (or something like that) right now and I've got the $3 Learn and Feel coupons and the Free Kandoo coupons that I'm going to try to use with them. For that kind of a deal, I don't think he can say no!
[/b]
Hmmmm...may have to stop by there when I drop something off to my mom...
August 23rd, 2007, 07:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think I have already used all my pampers coupons. DANG!!!!!!!

oh well

My Blog
August 23rd, 2007, 09:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I think I have already used all my pampers coupons. DANG!!!!!!!

oh well[/b]
I can look and see if I have any in the stack I'm saving for the coupon train. I know I saw some I'm just not sure if they were in the stack at my house or not. I'm not sure how long the sale runs for? If I can get them to you in time you're more than welcome to them.

And I think I'm about $200 over budget right now but about $40 (probably $50 after tax) of it was buying 15 bottles of Infusium 23 at $2.50 a bottle since that's ALL DH will use and I LOVED the $3 coupons. It's normaly $5.84 at Walmart so that was a really good deal.

I started a stockpile on a bunch of stuff this month though. We now have (unopended) 28 boxes of hamburger helper, 6 packages of soft batch cookies, 7 boxes of fruit snacks, 4 jars of Skippy, at least 6-7 boxes of cereal...and on and on and on. I think the 30+ bottles of shampoo and conditioner I bought for myself (on top of the 15 I bought for him), the 30+ toothpastes, 20+ deodorants, etc. are starting to scare my DH. He thinks I've lost it. When he found the 9 airwicks under the sink when he was installing the dishwasher he just shook his head.

So even though I've spent WAY more than I meant to I've saved like $1300 so far so I'm just figuring the next few months should be AWESOME since I will be shopping from my own stockpile. (Plus I'm hoping there aren't FABULOUS sales next month like there were this month or I might not be able to resist.)
August 23rd, 2007, 09:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
OMG 28 Hamburger Helpers???????????

Thats insane

My Blog
August 23rd, 2007, 09:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
OMG 28 Hamburger Helpers???????????

Thats insane[/b]
I know!! But half were 0.75 a box and the other half were 0.50 a box. How do you pass that up?
August 23rd, 2007, 09:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have different standards. i can get walmart brand for a buck, so its not enough of a savings for me

My Blog
August 23rd, 2007, 10:05 AM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I'm OVER budget...

...and there are still 9 days left in the month!!!

On the flip side, I don't think I've ever saved this much or had so many rebates in one month.[/b]
I'm in the same boat!

Quote:
Quote:
I wish!

I think you have baby on the brain!!!
[/b]
ME TOO! I saw the title and though "She's pregnant and I'm NOT, not fair." *stomps foot like a 2-year-old*

August 23rd, 2007, 10:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I have different standards. i can get walmart brand for a buck, so its not enough of a savings for me[/b]
Ahh, I don't shop at Walmart much for food anymore since I found out Meijers and Kroger double coupons which makes a lot of their stuff cheaper. I'm not above store brands! Believe me I will get generic in a minute. I don't think I've ever had the Wal-mart brand Hamburger Helper (didn't even know there was one). Is it good? I just figured I would go ahead and stock up on this since it was less than a $1 and doesn't expire until (mostly) 10/08. I won't be buying anymore for a LONG time.
August 23rd, 2007, 10:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
we love walmart hamburger helper

My Blog
August 23rd, 2007, 11:29 AM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I almost never use real Hamburger Helper. If I'm cooking, I just homemake it ... it's pretty easy. We do have some in the house, but it's for when I'm not here and the motley fools decide to cook dinner.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search