Is CVS on a downward spiral?

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2007, 07:28 AM
paganempath
The month-long deals for September are awful. At least, considering the things that I want or need. It looks like more free toothpaste and that's it. And the weekly EB deals are no better for the next few weeks. What is going on with them? Ugh!
August 23rd, 2007, 07:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
maybe one of us is a mole to CVS and they found out what kind of great deals we're getting

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
August 23rd, 2007, 07:36 AM
paganempath
Quote:
maybe one of us is a mole to CVS and they found out what kind of great deals we're getting[/b]
Hmmmm.... and it's usually the mole themselves who suggests an idea like that to cast off the suspicion. Do you have something you'd like to tell us?
August 23rd, 2007, 07:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I cant even get to a CVS, but if you want to blame me go ahead

My Blog
August 23rd, 2007, 07:45 AM
CBMS
My husband would say it's all my fault. He said that stores are going to start changing policies because of me...

I still have 3.00 in EB's to get rid of... *sigh*
August 23rd, 2007, 07:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
YAY!!!!!!!!! Blame it on Kim!!!!!!!

My Blog
August 23rd, 2007, 07:52 AM
paganempath
I don't have any EB's left! This is the first time in months, I think. I'll have to buy my Pepsi products and milk this week with just the stupid sale prices. My OOP will be shameful. Grrr....
August 23rd, 2007, 07:55 AM
CBMS
Quote:
I don't have any EB's left! This is the first time in months, I think. I'll have to buy my Pepsi products and milk this week with just the stupid sale prices. My OOP will be shameful. Grrr....[/b]

I wanted to use mine, but there wasn't anything compelling last week, so I used some but not all. I did pretty good, though--I had 28 dollars or something at one point. Now to figure out what to do with these 3 dollars... hmmmm....

PS... I would tell you about the great deal on pepsi at Albertson's... except you don't shop there anymore.
August 23rd, 2007, 07:57 AM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I still have my $20 in ECB's to spend. My problem has been that I have not spent $20 total at CVS in the past 2 weeks. I am going to have to plan out a trip and buy stuff just to use it up.

August 23rd, 2007, 07:59 AM
CBMS
Quote:
I still have my $20 in ECB's to spend. My problem has been that I have not spent $20 total at CVS in the past 2 weeks. I am going to have to plan out a trip and buy stuff just to use it up.[/b]

No, no, no! What you do is get all the biggest dollar coupons you can find, hunt down either a 4/20 CVS coupon, or a 10/50 coupon is even better, then go in, use all your high $ coupons, EB's and CVS coupons and get something for nothing. That's what I do when I get all my 60.00 orders for a buck.
August 23rd, 2007, 08:01 AM
paganempath
Quote:
Quote:
I don't have any EB's left! This is the first time in months, I think. I'll have to buy my Pepsi products and milk this week with just the stupid sale prices. My OOP will be shameful. Grrr....[/b]

I wanted to use mine, but there wasn't anything compelling last week, so I used some but not all. I did pretty good, though--I had 28 dollars or something at one point. Now to figure out what to do with these 3 dollars... hmmmm....

PS... I would tell you about the great deal on pepsi at Albertson's... except you don't shop there anymore.
[/b]
You tease. TELL! I could possibly be induced to go back there for a great deal. I originally started shopping there for the Fancy Feast cat food. They had alot more varieties than Walmart. But then the price got so outrageously high that I stopped. Can I amend it to " I don't shop there MUCH anymore?"
August 23rd, 2007, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Quote:
I still have my $20 in ECB's to spend. My problem has been that I have not spent $20 total at CVS in the past 2 weeks. I am going to have to plan out a trip and buy stuff just to use it up.[/b]

No, no, no! What you do is get all the biggest dollar coupons you can find, hunt down either a 4/20 CVS coupon, or a 10/50 coupon is even better, then go in, use all your high $ coupons, EB's and CVS coupons and get something for nothing. That's what I do when I get all my 60.00 orders for a buck.
[/b]

Oh yeah, I have a $10/50 coupon just waiting to be used also. I just need to study the ad and figure out what will get my the most for the least out of pocket.

August 23rd, 2007, 08:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'll fess up to being the mole. I'm jealous of all your deals at CVS when I don't have one. I decided to spoil all your fun

August 23rd, 2007, 08:12 AM
CBMS
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]
You tease. TELL! I could possibly be induced to go back there for a great deal. I originally started shopping there for the Fancy Feast cat food. They had alot more varieties than Walmart. But then the price got so outrageously high that I stopped. Can I amend it to " I don't shop there MUCH anymore?"
[/b]
It's on sale 4/9.88, but you save a dollar automatically if you buy four, so you get them for 2.22 each. Not too shabby. Not as good as my 1.99 for coke 12 packs last week, but not too shabby.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]

Oh yeah, I have a $10/50 coupon just waiting to be used also. I just need to study the ad and figure out what will get my the most for the least out of pocket.
[/b]
Do you have some of the 3.00 pampers and free kandoo coupons? They slide with regular diapers. Start there. They aren't on sale, but with the 3.00 off and the free kandoo, the 3-something for the wipes will count toward your 50 and really bring down your OOP.

(is your 10/50 an email? If so, I'm in need of another. )

Quote:
I'll fess up to being the mole. I'm jealous of all your deals at CVS when I don't have one. I decided to spoil all your fun [/b]

ROFL. CVS is fun, indeed... when the sales are good and you have one of the precious 10/50 coupons.
August 23rd, 2007, 08:22 AM
paganempath
Thanks for the info! I'll do that deal instead of the CVS one--- then I don't have to spend as much to get a good deal.
August 23rd, 2007, 08:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Thanks for the info! I'll do that deal instead of the CVS one--- then I don't have to spend as much to get a good deal.[/b]
Have you already done the deal at CVS if not you get the 5th one free making it 5/$11 or $2.20 for each 12pk.
August 23rd, 2007, 08:32 AM
paganempath
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the info! I'll do that deal instead of the CVS one--- then I don't have to spend as much to get a good deal.[/b]
Have you already done the deal at CVS if not you get the 5th one free making it 5/$11 or $2.20 for each 12pk.
[/b]
But even with the 5th for "free", I still end up spending the same per pack as the 4/$8.88. I'd rather spend the lesser amount right now; I'm trying to cut back a bit. Trying is the key word.

Hey, I didn't get a reply from the PM I sent about the train. I assume you're staying on, right?
August 23rd, 2007, 08:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[/b]
But even with the 5th for "free", I still end up spending the same per pack as the 4/$8.88. I'd rather spend the lesser amount right now; I'm trying to cut back a bit. Trying is the key word.

Hey, I didn't get a reply from the PM I sent about the train. I assume you're staying on, right?
[/b]
Ahh, got it. Yeah it makes sense to do that. I just usually buy as many cans as possible at once since DH goes through them very fast.

Oops, I thought I replied. Yes I'm staying on! Thanks!
August 23rd, 2007, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paganempath @ Aug 23 2007, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotemain'>I don't have any EB's left! This is the first time in months, I think. I'll have to buy my Pepsi products and milk this week with just the stupid sale prices. My OOP will be shameful. Grrr....[/b]

[/b]
[/b][/quote]

It's on sale 4/9.88, but you save a dollar automatically if you buy four, so you get them for 2.22 each. Not too shabby. Not as good as my 1.99 for coke 12 packs last week, but not too shabby.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]

[/b]
Do you have some of the 3.00 pampers and free kandoo coupons? They slide with regular diapers. Start there. They aren't on sale, but with the 3.00 off and the free kandoo, the 3-something for the wipes will count toward your 50 and really bring down your OOP.

(is your 10/50 an email? If so, I'm in need of another. )

Quote:
I'll fess up to being the mole. I'm jealous of all your deals at CVS when I don't have one. I decided to spoil all your fun [/b]

ROFL. CVS is fun, indeed... when the sales are good and you have one of the precious 10/50 coupons.
[/b][/quote]

Kim, you ROCK with CVS ideas. I do have the $3 coupons and the Kandoo ones. And they expire on the 31st so they need to be used. Awesome idea. And my $10/50 is a CRT coupon. I just had one print yesterday. I wish that it was an email so that I could send it to you.

August 23rd, 2007, 08:48 AM
CBMS
You can also grab some clorox stuff at 2/5, and use your free wipes coupon. The wipes will count toward your 50, and the others will partially be paid with your 10.00 off... they have the clorox ultimate care bleach for 1.99, and I think that may also be one of the qualifying items...

And for rolling EB's... you can get a Bic Soleil or refills for 6.99, use a 2.00 coupon, and get 4.00 EB's back... that's IF you want to roll them...and I don't know if you buy CVS brand diapers, but they're on sale (mega packs) for 9.99, and almost always you have the 3/10 CVS brand coupons... viva towels are 6.49 with 2.00 EB's, and there's coupons you can get on vivatowels.com OR the cottonelle is on sale 5.99 and you can get coupons from their site too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search