Back to cloth

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2007, 10:43 PM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
So, I have gone back to using the cloth diapers. Almost all of the time. I have about 12 costco diapers left, and I bought a 40 pack at Albertsons... (he is still in size 3's)... for "special" (long outtings) times.

I had hoped to potty train him... but he is deathly afraid of peeing on himself, or into a potty seat(he gets hysterical... which is totally unlike him)... so... at least I am not putting out big bucks for diapers (even though he never has peed or pooped much... so we haven't used as much as "most" people).

Hopefully not only will I save money, but he will feel the pee-pee more. I will try to potty train again in a month... after that I will just try after Christmas... if that doesn't work... in Spring, and I will give it another try next summer... if nothing else.

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com
August 24th, 2007, 12:21 AM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I heart my cloth...

August 24th, 2007, 04:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I heart my cloth...[/b]

Good luck with the potty training. I remember how hard that was

August 24th, 2007, 05:36 AM
fennifer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

I LOVE cloth diapers, they look so cute on kids!! Thats what i want to use when i have kids!

I work at a day care, in the 2 year old room. I'm in charge of 12 two year olds, and its my responsibility to potty train them all! It's tricky, but you can do it!! I bribe the kids with skittles. If they go potty, they get a skittle. (which by the way are on sale at cvs this week!!)

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my siggy!

August 24th, 2007, 07:12 AM
dzine21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm going to cloth dipe too. I've got a couple in the drawer at home. I think they are great. I'm sure he'll catch on and want to be a big boy some day.

</div>
August 24th, 2007, 07:18 AM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Did you try leaving him naked? Then he really has no choice about whether to go in the potty. And it may seem gross, but I would let Dane sit on his little potty chair in the living room sometimes. Hey, whatever works! Good luck, and don't stress about it! He's still very young!!! I had Dane trained at 2 yrs and 6 mos and thought that was super early! He'll do it in his own time. I see you are TTC in the next five months...I'm sure he'll be out of diapers before that baby gets here!
August 24th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I plan on using cloth too. They're so cute!
August 24th, 2007, 07:50 AM
CBMS
I love cloth, too. *sigh* I wish I were allowed to use it all the time, but my husband doesn't want anything to do with it. He doesn't want poop getting in his washing machine. I use the one Jess sent me at night when Maddie has a little rash, and it always goes away over night... of course, it usually comes back the next day. You'd think that he'd look past all the "poop" issues and just see that his daughter is happier in cloth?! But oh, no....

Quote:
I LOVE cloth diapers, they look so cute on kids!! Thats what i want to use when i have kids!

I work at a day care, in the 2 year old room. I'm in charge of 12 two year olds, and its my responsibility to potty train them all! It's tricky, but you can do it!! I bribe the kids with skittles. If they go potty, they get a skittle. (which by the way are on sale at cvs this week!!)[/b]

Maddie loves skittles. I wonder if I could bribe her. We do silly bribes for kisses like that. lol She always gives kisses for candy. LOL
August 24th, 2007, 08:17 AM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
Quote:
Did you try leaving him naked? Then he really has no choice about whether to go in the potty. And it may seem gross, but I would let Dane sit on his little potty chair in the living room sometimes. Hey, whatever works! Good luck, and don't stress about it! He's still very young!!! I had Dane trained at 2 yrs and 6 mos and thought that was super early! He'll do it in his own time. I see you are TTC in the next five months...I'm sure he'll be out of diapers before that baby gets here![/b]

Yes, I tried leaving him naked... he would freak out, go ballistic and cry/panic when the pee-pee went on him. He also has Elmo underwear that he would LOVE to wear, but he freaks out when he pees them, then puts on more, and pees them too. (he freaks out, because it runs down his leg then) I managed to get him to go on the potty a few months ago, and that went well a couple of times... now though he keeps requesting his diaper, and wants to know he is wearing his diaper. When he knows he is about to pee, he will hold his pee, requesting his diaper (shoudl he be naked)... hold it as long as possible, then (this happened ONCE), when I didn't give him the diaper, after a while, he couldn't hold it any longer and he freaked out as he peed into/around the potty seat We were over the carpet, in his room, and he tried to stand up and get away from the potty... I didn't want him peeing all over the carpet... so I pushed him back down to the potty, cheering, good job. Sigh, I felt so bad... so I just stopped trying to train him. I don't know why I was having him sit on the potty in his room, over carpet... well I do know, I didn't realize he might stand up and try to get away while he was peeing...

I guess it is worth a shot... if he hates it that much, he might pee into the potty more. Maybe next week, or some time this afternoon I can let him run around outdoors and in the kitchen naked... he is my budding neat freak/perfectionist... so NOT me.

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com
August 24th, 2007, 09:09 AM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Quote:
Did you try leaving him naked? Then he really has no choice about whether to go in the potty.[/b]
This didn't work for me! My son was fascinated with being able to squirt things. He also liked to bend over, look thru his spread legs and watch his poop come out. He pooped all over his train set once and was just fascinated the entire time! No, naked didn't work for us, lol. I think it's different with little girls because it runs down their legs and feels yucky, but boys get to spray stuff.

August 24th, 2007, 09:18 AM
CBMS
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Quote:
Did you try leaving him naked? Then he really has no choice about whether to go in the potty.[/b]
This didn't work for me! My son was fascinated with being able to squirt things. He also liked to bend over, look thru his spread legs and watch his poop come out. He pooped all over his train set once and was just fascinated the entire time! No, naked didn't work for us, lol. I think it's different with little girls because it runs down their legs and feels yucky, but boys get to spray stuff.
[/b][/quote]

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Is this what I have to look forward to with a boy?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search