I think Maddie is ready for potty training!!!

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2007, 06:45 AM
CBMS
So... she woke up at 7 this morning, and got into bed with me, and we laid there cuddling a few minutes. Then she said, "mommy, I up." and started to climb off the bed (yes, climb. I have a high bed). So then we get up and we go into the potty. She grabs at her cloth (she wore the cloth to bed last night b/c of a rash ) and said, "mommy, I off." so I took it off, she sat on her little potty, and did a big tinkle! All by herself. No prompting. No pushing. She WANTED to go on the potty!!!! woohoooooo! Then at 8:15, we got in the shower, so I took off her diaper and she was still dry, so I said, "do you need to potty, big girl?" she sat down and tinkled again!! yay! I hope that's a good sign that she's ready to start. I'll go up and her some pull ups soon... I hope I can find pull ups on sale somewhere.
August 24th, 2007, 06:49 AM
paganempath
Wow, what a big girl. Go, Maddie! Did your other daughters potty train early too? That'd be great if you can have her trained by the time the baby comes so you can save on diapers. And Pull ups are on sale at CVS next week for $8.99.
August 24th, 2007, 06:54 AM
CBMS
Quote:
Wow, what a big girl. Go, Maddie! Did your other daughters potty train early too? That'd be great if you can have her trained by the time the baby comes so you can save on diapers. And Pull ups are on sale at CVS next week for $8.99. [/b]

Maybe I'll wait till Sunday and use my 2.00/pull ups coupon and my 2.00 EBs to get them mega cheap.

Rina trained early. Fairly early anyway. She trained REALLY fast after I brought Kaity home. We'd been working with her, but she wasn't super good at it (she would pee pee though). Then when I brought the baby home, she made her own observation, "baby wears diapers. I'm not baby. I'm big girl." She trained when the baby was still a tiny baby. She was about 22 months. I honestly don't remember when Kaitlinn trained. Is that horrible? I know she wasn't major trouble and she was in Pre K when she was BARELY 4, but I remember some nasty poopie pants (when she was 2 1/2 or 3) in undies a few times. Rina has never had an accident...
August 24th, 2007, 07:10 AM
paganempath
That's the good thing about girls-- they have that whole independence thing going on. I love it when little kids decide that they're not babies anymore. My nephew, Kane, was so cute when he was little. I would ask him, "Are you a baby or a big boy?" And he would indignantly shout, "Big boy!" But then he developed his sense of humor and he'd answer, " Baby!" with a big smile. He was so funny. One time when he was about two, he climbed into the pet carrier and pulled the door closed. Then he started yelling, "Let me out! Let me out! I'm in jail!"
August 24th, 2007, 07:12 AM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow!!! That is super early! WTG Maddie!!!
And I thought I had Dane potty trained early at 2 1/2!

ETA: That would be great to only have one in diapers!!!
August 24th, 2007, 07:13 AM
CBMS
ROFL. Kids are too funny. I love that Maddie talks so well. It's crazy the stuff she says... it amazes us, even.

Quote:
Wow!!! That is super early! WTG Maddie!!!
And I thought I had Dane potty trained early at 2 1/2![/b]

Boys and girls are very different in the potty training department. I know that for sure. My sister has six kids, three of each...
August 24th, 2007, 07:18 AM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
That is nice. Evan tells me while he is peeing in his diaper.. but that is it! That is awesome that she wanted to go in her potty. Good job girl!

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com
August 24th, 2007, 07:19 AM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
People did always tell me that was early for a boy, and people always said that boys are harder, but he was really easy if you ask me. Hopefully you'll have the same luck with Luke (and I will with my Luke, too! ).
August 24th, 2007, 08:07 AM
CBMS
She just went again!! YAY!!!!
August 24th, 2007, 08:54 AM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay!

August 24th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
OMG, Im so jealous, she is younger than layne, and i wouldnt even think of putting layne on a potty

WTG maddie

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
August 24th, 2007, 09:12 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Yay Maddie!

August 24th, 2007, 09:18 AM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WTG Maddie! That is great, I hope she keeps it up.

August 24th, 2007, 06:12 PM
fennifer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good Job Kim, Good Job Maddie!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my siggy!

August 24th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Very cool...

At 4 months our son was pooping and sometimes peeing on the potty after each meal...then as he started eating real food it was less predictable. I had hoped to really start training him during the time off I had earlier this summer, but he was so interested in wanting to play outside. He's adjusting to the girls going back to school now/schedule changing a little, so I am going to try and do it again after Labor Day. I'm pretty sure he could...it's a matter of wanting to...he stays dry often overnight and during his naps!
August 24th, 2007, 06:52 PM
CBMS
I kind of dabbled in EC, and she did great until my husband took her one time. He let her fall and pinch her little hand, and then she wanted NOTHING to do with the potty for ages and ages...
August 24th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I kind of dabbled in EC, and she did great until my husband took her one time. He let her fall and pinch her little hand, and then she wanted NOTHING to do with the potty for ages and ages...[/b]
He wasn't really signaling to go...he would make a poo face and so my husband took him in the bathroom as a joke...and he went...so we just kept doing it until it became too unpredictable/he didn't seem to enjoy it. We didn't want to scare him off and have big problems later!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search