My kids...

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2007, 11:41 AM
CBMS
I do this every so often... blow off steam about my kids...

well... we had a talk with them at the beginning of the week and said, "you need to start being more responsible. your room has been horrible lately, and from now on, we aren't going to keep getting on to you about cleaning it. if it's not clean come Friday, then you just won't be allowed to go to grandma and grandpa's house for the weekend..."

Well, here it is Friday. They don't get home until 4, my mom gets off work at 5, and I meet her at 6 (which means I have to leave by 5:20). Their room is HORRIBLE! I honestly feel I should have just nagged them all week... I know I'm going to hear lots of griping tonight, but we gave them fair warning!! ugh.....

OK... that's all... rant about the messy room is over.
August 24th, 2007, 11:48 AM
paganempath
I don't understand why kids want to have a messy room. That's the beauty of being a step-parent, especially when the kids don't live with us. They aren't here long enough to make a mess, they don't have enough stuff here to make a mess, and they wouldn't DARE make a mess and piss off their evil stepmother. DH's kids are afraid of me and that's the way I like it.

Sorry, I don't have any advice about the girls' room. Other than throwing everything out. I'm a bit of an extremist.
August 24th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Dont you hate that Kim, cuz you know it would be a great rest for them to go to their grandparents, so now not only do they suffer, so do you.

I dont care about messy rooms at all anymore, I'm perfectly content living in chaos. but thats just me

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
August 24th, 2007, 12:16 PM
CBMS
Quote:
Dont you hate that Kim, cuz you know it would be a great rest for them to go to their grandparents, so now not only do they suffer, so do you.

I dont care about messy rooms at all anymore, I'm perfectly content living in chaos. but thats just me[/b]

If it were up to me, then to a degree (short of dirty dishes and partially eaten food!) I wouldn't care. But this is my husband's thing... he's OCD, and the mess just kills him.
August 24th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
thats what they make doors for, out of sight out of mind

My Blog
August 24th, 2007, 12:21 PM
CBMS
Oh... how I wish it were that easy!

It really kind of punishes my parents too... they love having the kids over.
August 24th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
so basically everyone loses so that your hubby doesnt get pissy?

My Blog
August 24th, 2007, 12:32 PM
CBMS
Quote:
so basically everyone loses so that your hubby doesnt get pissy?[/b]

In a word: yes. It's that simple... *sigh*
August 24th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry, that came out mean, I didnt mean to be condescending

My Blog
August 24th, 2007, 12:51 PM
CBMS
It's okay... he isn't always the nicest... I'm used to it... usually.
August 24th, 2007, 12:59 PM
paganempath
Quote:
It's okay... he isn't always the nicest... I'm used to it... usually.[/b]
Kim, I feel bad when you talk about how it is at your house. I hope there are some good times when you don't have to walk around on eggshells. You deserve to be happy and I'm always afraid you don't get many opportunities to be happy. PM me anytime if you need to talk or vent.
August 24th, 2007, 01:00 PM
CBMS
Some days I seem to dwell on the jerk in him... he's not all bad, or I wouldn't have married him...
August 24th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy

I worry about you sometimes

My Blog
August 24th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey I came on here for a few minutes of relaxation after work and you've just reminded me that I need to get off my butt and clean the house!!!

I hope everything works out...
August 24th, 2007, 03:19 PM
CBMS
screw cleaning. I think that's the second time I've said that today.

Just do a five minute clean n wipe like I do! No wonder he's always upset about the state of the house. ROFL.
August 24th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I tend to have OCD when it comes to cleaning. I did the first floor. I might take the rest of the night off and do the rest tomorrow morning when my husband goes to work on the plane.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search