Please someone help me!!!

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2007, 10:57 AM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
How does everyone keep their coupons organized and how do you keep track of what coupons you have?
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5" ~ Grayson (10/16/13) 2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

August 24th, 2007, 11:00 AM
CBMS
currently, I use an envelope system. I will clip according to the sales at each store, and then stick them in that envelope (titled CVS WALGREENS WINN DIXIE PUBLIX, etc). Then I have another that's an "odds n ends" envelope that is good stuff not currently on sale so I hang on to them.
August 24th, 2007, 11:05 AM
lillermom99's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am very new to this myself but I have found what works best for me is to organize the coupons grouped by expiration. I have a small coupon folder that I keep in my purse and it has lots of different sections. I put the coupons that will expire in this month in the first slot etc etc.

This has worked better than grouping by product! Every time I sit down with the grocery flyer I then can cross reference which coupons I need to use sooner rather than later!

GL!

August 24th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Quote:
I am very new to this myself but I have found what works best for me is to organize the coupons grouped by expiration. I have a small coupon folder that I keep in my purse and it has lots of different sections. I put the coupons that will expire in this month in the first slot etc etc.

This has worked better than grouping by product! Every time I sit down with the grocery flyer I then can cross reference which coupons I need to use sooner rather than later!

GL![/b]
This is a great system but I use grocerymom and they have the dates the coupons came out. Makes it easier, but searching for the coupon in each "Date" envelope is becoming an issue.

August 24th, 2007, 11:08 AM
paganempath
I keep mine in a recipe box separated into categories by index cards. I have mainly baby coupons so it's pretty easy for me to keep track of the rest. I go through them each week and put the ones I think I'll use into a small envelope that I bring with me to the stores.
August 24th, 2007, 11:55 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I have a binder, with baseball trading card sheets. I have 60 pages (about half are being used right now) and seperate them that way. I have dividers too, lol.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
August 24th, 2007, 11:59 AM
CBMS
My way is probably not very organized, really.... since I'm far from an organization queen. But it works for me. I think you really just need to find a system that works for you.
August 24th, 2007, 12:02 PM
I'm trying to get some ideas. I have a few in mind, but figured you ladies would give me some great ideas.

August 24th, 2007, 12:11 PM
dzine21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Target $1 bins. They had coupon holders and check holders. Accordian files. I got the check one--larger size. And it's cute!

Then, I've separated by foods/ bathrrom/ households/ for trade

</div>
August 24th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I started out with an accordian type folder, moved to envelopes, and now I'm up to a binder. Lol. I like this way best because I can see everything I have at a glance.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

August 24th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have an expandable file. I separate mine by category: household, bath/body, medicine, baby, dog, frozen, other meal stuff, cereal/cookie/snacks, misc food, out to eat, and retail.

When I get my ads I look through them, find good deals and then pull what coupons I need. I make a list with items, prices, and coupons. I total up what I should spend that way I know. (I also still add in the store too.) I have an envelope forthe stores I frequent and I put my list and the coordinating coupons in there.

I like having it small enough to carry with me at all times.
August 24th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I use baseball card holders. It took quite awhile to organize, but it was worth the time! I am now able to just glance at the pages and see it. I have them grouped in sections: Food, make up, baby, paper products, medication, cleaning, deodorant, and dental. I had them in a check expandable file, but once I started getting duplicates it was not very practical.

ETA: I Also have envelopes glued to the folder (that holds the coupons) to separate all of the coupons that I know I am going to use at the stores.

August 24th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Quote:
I use baseball card holders. It took quite awhile to organize, but it was worth the time! I am now able to just glance at the pages and see it. I have them grouped in sections: Food, make up, baby, paper products, medication, cleaning, deodorant, and dental. I had them in a check expandable file, but once I started getting duplicates it was not very practical.

ETA: I Also have envelopes glued to the folder (that holds the coupons) to separate all of the coupons that I know I am going to use at the stores.[/b]
That seems like a big thing to take the stores.

August 24th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Quote:

ETA: I Also have envelopes glued to the folder (that holds the coupons) to separate all of the coupons that I know I am going to use at the stores.[/b]
[/b]

It's "big" but it saves sooo much more time and money,

August 24th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]
Maybe, but I still do it. The cashier was laughing at me at Meijers for it . It is easy to tell I did not take it since it is filled with coupons!

August 24th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]
Maybe, but I still do it. The cashier was laughing at me at Meijers for it . It is easy to tell I did not take it since it is filled with coupons!
[/b]

haha, yup, much harder to "forget!"

August 24th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey Beth, where did you get your baseball card holders? I got mine at Hobby Lobby. I thought they seemed to pricey. I looked at Meijers and at Walmart, but I could not find any.

August 24th, 2007, 06:19 PM
I got mine at Walmart. They were hard to find (I hate the way Walmart organizes stuff!) but they were close to the binders, at the very bottom of the shelf. I got 6 10 packs for a dollar something each. How much did you pay?

August 24th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I guess it is back to walmart for me.

I'm embarrassed to say that I spent $7.99 for 30. They were easy to find there though

August 24th, 2007, 07:18 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I use an accordian file that I got at Big Lots years ago for $1. I thought, "Hmmm, I could use this for something" but never did as I couldn't decide what exactly it was it would be perfect for. It fits in my purse, and I take it with me everywhere so I don't ever miss a great clearance deal. I'm a nerd.

I have the accordian sections labeled by category (and in the order of the aisles at Meijer) ... Dairy, Paper/Cleaning/Household, Meat, Baking, Pantry (pasta, soups, condiments, canned things, etc), Breakfast, Snacks, Beverages, Frozen, Bakery/Deli/Produce, Pets, and Personal/Pharmacy. In the front I keep a couple reference lists ... the seasonal cycle chart, my discount cards, retail specific coupons, register rewards, etc. Each category is then subdivided with three index box tabbed dividers. Behind the first one are coupons that expire this month. Behind the next one are coupons that expire next month. Behind the third one are coupons that expire after that. At the end of the month I pull the expireds and rotate forward. It's super nerdy, but that way I use the $1/1 that expires 8/31 instead of the same $1/1 that expires 10/21, kwim?

When I go to the store, I have a list in my wire bound notebook. I use one single subject school notebook for lists (to dos, grocery, etc) front and back until I run through one and then get a fresh one. Hence, why I bought 50 of them a couple weeks ago when they were a dime. I pull the coupons I need for the list and stick them in an envelope which I paperclip to the list so I don't lose it. I don't usually pull coupons from the main stash when I'm shopping, but if I find a great unadvertised deal or something else comes up I have them in case I need them.

When I'm shopping, I pull the coupons out as I put the item into the cart. I set them in the little tray in the new blue carts at Meijer ... the one between the little cup holder things. If they don't have one, or I'm somewhere else, then I pull them out and clip them in behind the envelope on the list so I'm ready at the check out with everything in order already. This saves me from giving them coupons for stuff I decided not to get or forgetting a coupon.

I'm an organizational nerd, among my other varieties of nerd. I love sorting things, especially my coupons.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search