Walgreens...

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We have had some strange things happen in the last week or so that cost us way too much money, so this morning I went through some things I had been stocking up on, so that I could return them.

I know that i got them for good prices, but when you have NO money, every little bit counts.

So first of all I get there with my bag of returns along with receipts for all of them. The stupid ##### of a manager was there, and went in the back to call her district manager to find out if they could return any of my items.

I was so pissed. I wasnt trying to rip anyone off, i was just trying to get the money back that I spent on items at their store. She sent a different manager up to help me, where i went through the receipts VERY HONESTLY and then he realized I wasnt try to scam them and gave me all of my money back.

I know it all worked out in the end, but I'm really tired of being treated like a criminal there, and I let the other manager know that it has gotten out of hand.

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
August 24th, 2007, 11:34 AM
paganempath
Oh, those people are really pushing it! Mandi needs to go kick some shins. You had receipts and everything. Why are they acting so awful?!

I just returned things to two different stores without the receipts. And they gave me way less problems than you got. In fact, it was really too easy to return at Winn Dixie. I could've just as easily picked an item up off the shelf and gotten back money I hadn't even spent. It's a good thing I was legit.
August 24th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
it was the same stupid manager that fought me on the BOGO garnier on sunday

this guy manager was really nice to me and apologized, I think I'm going to call the District Manager about her, and how rude she has been to me

she said something about the fact that I had 6 receipts. SO!?!?!?!??!?!? I said to him, thats because I shop here 3 or 4 times a week, what difference does it make how many receipts i had

My Blog
August 24th, 2007, 11:41 AM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Quote:
it was the same stupid manager that fought me on the BOGO garnier on sunday

this guy manager was really nice to me and apologized, I think I'm going to call the District Manager about her, and how rude she has been to me

she said something about the fact that I had 6 receipts. SO!?!?!?!??!?!? I said to him, thats because I shop here 3 or 4 times a week, what difference does it make how many receipts i had[/b]
AND that right there shows how frequent you shop there. I would call corporate if I were you. Threaten to take your business elsewhere and you may even get yourself some discounts!!!
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13)2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

EDD May 12th with identical twins!!!

August 24th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am thinking about doing so. I have always been poor, i was growing up and I feel like they continue to look down on me, and I dont think its right

My Blog
August 24th, 2007, 11:47 AM
CBMS
Quote:
Oh, those people are really pushing it! Mandi needs to go kick some shins. You had receipts and everything. Why are they acting so awful?!

I just returned things to two different stores without the receipts. And they gave me way less problems than you got. In fact, it was really too easy to return at Winn Dixie. I could've just as easily picked an item up off the shelf and gotten back money I hadn't even spent. It's a good thing I was legit.
[/b]

I wonder if WD would give me my money back for the diapers that made Maddie get a rash? It's their brand, and they say 100% guaranteed...but I don't have my receipt anymore.
August 24th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Poor or not, nothing wrong with being frugal. We make a lot of money, but I feel we still need to properly spend our money. I was poor growing up and mom did teach me how to bargain shop. Some things you don't change. The major thing is though sweetie.... the corporate office is the one that sets the sales to go in conjunction with coupons and such. They work with them. It's there to be used.... you're not doing anything wrong. They need to be grateful for your business and not look at you as though you're trying to beat the system. You're following the rules.

August 24th, 2007, 11:50 AM
paganempath
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]

I wonder if WD would give me my money back for the diapers that made Maddie get a rash? It's their brand, and they say 100% guaranteed...but I don't have my receipt anymore.
[/b]
It never hurts to try. I called first to see if they'd accept a return without a receipt. They said no problem; they'd just give me a gift card instead of cash.
August 24th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Quote:
I wonder if WD would give me my money back for the diapers that made Maddie get a rash? It's their brand, and they say 100% guaranteed...but I don't have my receipt anymore. [/b]
How many have you used?

August 24th, 2007, 11:53 AM
CBMS
I guess maybe a half a pack. I was alternating them with the good diapers after they started to give her a rash... but then it just stayed bad even when alternating... so I gave up on them alltogether...
August 24th, 2007, 12:00 PM
dzine21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would mention the mgnr that was nice too. They deserve props for being nice even though their store sucks.

</div>
August 24th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
oh definately, i got the nice managers name

My Blog
August 24th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck with corporate. I hope you don't talk to the same evil lady that I talked to!

August 24th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I just found out that the son of the lady my mom works with works at walgreeens...maybe I'll have to go when he's working!!!
August 24th, 2007, 09:14 PM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With how awful it is at that Walgreen's, can't you get to another one?

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

August 25th, 2007, 09:39 AM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I would change stores. I have that problem with the Standale store here. Apparenty simply because I once asked about a coupon they rang in by mistake, I am not that crazy lady that they give dirty looks to. I feel you pain, doll. Go somewhere else, don't put yourself through that BS.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search