My kitties love my stockpiling....

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2007, 10:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I came home last night with 8 of the 3.15lbs of bags of Friskies Feline Favorites (their fave) that was super cheap at Walmart after the B1G1 and $1 off coupons. They went WILD. The outside cat tried to follow me in (he NEVER wants to come in, it usually freaks him out to come in the house). While I was opening them all and putting them in their tub (we keep the cat food in a big Sterilite tub) the two inside ones were trying to climb in with it . It was the cutest thing! I think they wanted to swim in it. On top of the bags I've already put in there, I filled there tub allllll the way to the top. They were purring so hard they were vibrating. I think they were happy. We've probably got about 75lbs of cat food in there . DH guessed it would last a month . I'm like the BIG LAB only eats 20lbs of dry dog food a month plu 12 or so cans of wet food and scraps. You honestly think 3 little kitties and a Chihuhua (who also gets wet food and scraps) are going to eat 75lbs in a month?!? I mean true, we feed a lot of strays but none of them stay around consistently. It will be interesting to see how long it takes them (although I have more B1G1 and $1 off coupons burning a whole in my pocket so I will probably be getting more.)
September 21st, 2007, 10:48 AM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
That's so funny!! I just scrubbed out an empty cat litter bucket and am going to fill THAT with the cat food that I suddenly have coupons for

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
September 21st, 2007, 11:07 AM
gctattoo
How cute! I just love cats. Obviously, since I have two of my own. Mine are super spoiled though and only like the canned Fancy Feast. We used to buy enough for a month at once which was easily over 100 cans. I would dump the bags out on the floor so they could see all their food. They looked pretty happy.
September 21st, 2007, 11:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Mine won't touch the canned stuff. Crazy cats. Well the outside will, he'll eat just about anything. The two inside ones though? Nope, not having it. They won't eat tuna or drink milk either. None of the normal stuff cats are supposed to like. Only one of the two will eat cat treats. The other is just fine with her Friskies dry food. Oh and Long John Silver's fish, no other kind just Long John Silver's. They can tear some of that up.
September 21st, 2007, 12:05 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
thats adorable! We buy Molly the Canidae Life Stages dog food so we never end up with coupons for her. I'd love a cat, but Chris doesn't even like Molly as is, lol.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
September 21st, 2007, 12:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hehe, my DH claimed to not like animals until I brought our first dog home, and then we got our first kitty from April, and then I found our other dog (our lab was just dumped in the middle of the road, he was sitting there shaking, poor little baby couldn't have been more than 5 weeks old), then we inherited another kitty from April (they were moving and couldn't have cats inside anymore, this cat would NOT survive outside), then we got a stray outside who decided our house rocked because we fed him, then I named him and it was all over.

So yeah, we went from none to 2 dogs and 3 cats in about a year. Plus I'm a sucker who will feed any stray I see. And if I'm in a shelter I always want to bring them all home.

I catch DH sometimes holding one of the cats or the dog saying "Who's Daddy's little girl?" Hehe, he'd kill me if he knew I told that. He loves them all though and is just as big a sucker as me now. He totally wouldn't care if I brought another dog home from the shelter one day.

He just keeps saying that we don't have as much land as my parent's so we can't go that crazy. (They have 9 dogs, 4 horses, 1 minature horse, 2 ponies, a rabbit, a turtle, some fish and then the regular livestock like cows and goats.)
September 21st, 2007, 02:57 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
Meijer also has Friskies on sale ... I already brought home 4, and I only have one kitty. I scored more Purina coupons, though, and I'm absolutely buying more tomorrow when I commit retail suicide and go to Meijer on Super Saturday.
September 21st, 2007, 03:41 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
Sarah, I just finished clipping coupons and I wish I had waited to send you some pet food ones. I didn't clip last sundays until today and there were so many! So I may have to send you another envelope.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
September 21st, 2007, 06:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy

I love getting my little furbabies cheap food! And they love it when I bring it home!

Mandi, how much is the friskies at Meijer? I have coupons burning a whole in my pocket and I might be persuaded to make a stop tomorrow.
September 21st, 2007, 08:08 PM
2 for $6 ... so $1.50 each if you have the BOGO coupon.
September 21st, 2007, 08:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ahh, I am going to have to look into that. Don't forget you can use one of the $1 coupons on the one you're paying for! That would make them $1 each!
September 21st, 2007, 10:45 PM
Oooooo! Good call!! I will have to add the $1 coupon to the stack I have pulled for the store tomorrow. I'm going in like 5 hours ... shoot me.
September 22nd, 2007, 05:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Back yet???? I guess if you are biting the bullet and going on SS the best time to go would be the early am!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search