I am officially over budget

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2007, 02:45 PM
gctattoo
I am $22 over with one week left in the month. That's not really that bad considering how much I've been over in previous months. I'm surprised it took until the end of the 3rd week to do it. But I'm gearing up for my month of cutting back-- today I only spent half of what I usually spend at Walmart.
September 22nd, 2007, 04:39 PM
CBMS
I'm way more over than you.
September 22nd, 2007, 05:01 PM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
By some miracle, I'm still like $50 under! Let's hope I can spend less than $50 next week!
September 22nd, 2007, 06:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
This is my best month so far!

September 22nd, 2007, 06:47 PM
gctattoo
I'm hoping next month will be good for me. I thought about dropping my budget down but I'm not sure if I will.
September 22nd, 2007, 06:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm down to $4.60, but there's still hope to make it!!
September 22nd, 2007, 07:29 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
we have 0 dollars left and we can't buy more.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
September 22nd, 2007, 07:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
we have 0 dollars left and we can't buy more.[/b]
uh-oh!!
September 22nd, 2007, 07:33 PM
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
Nope, thats how we are. We budget very tightly and we use cash. When we are out we are out. But we also do our bulk shopping twice a month so we have plenty of food. We rarely have enough money to stockpile though.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

September 22nd, 2007, 07:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Nope, thats how we are. We budget very tightly and we use cash. When we are out we are out. But we also do our bulk shopping twice a month so we have plenty of food. We rarely have enough money to stockpile though.[/b]
It'll happen.

Curiosity...how long has your hubby been in the military? How long does he intend to stay in?
September 22nd, 2007, 07:44 PM
He's been in 3 years in December. He wants to stay in at LEAST 20 but he'd like to do 30 or more.

September 22nd, 2007, 07:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
He's been in 3 years in December. He wants to stay in at LEAST 20 but he'd like to do 30 or more.[/b]
Cool!
September 22nd, 2007, 07:48 PM
I love the military and the lifestyle. My whole family is military, going back as long as we've been in this country. I would have joined if Chris hadn't. So I'm happy that he's a lifer, the benefits are excellent...but the pay is crap. And so is the backlash we get from people.

September 22nd, 2007, 07:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I love the military and the lifestyle. My whole family is military, going back as long as we've been in this country. I would have joined if Chris hadn't. So I'm happy that he's a lifer, the benefits are excellent...but the pay is crap. And so is the backlash we get from people.[/b]
Who would give you backlash???

I have family in the military...I was in ROTC in high school...thought about doing it for real, but ended up not. Hubby started Air Force ROTC in college when they told him they were pretty sure they could secure him a pilot spot, but then backpedalled after a year and a half into the program. That was his dream, so he told them to shove it...transferred schools...I guess it all worked out in the end since if he had done it we wouldn't have met!
September 22nd, 2007, 07:59 PM
It can be pretty hard to get a pilot slot. Thats the only reason Chris won't go officer. He wants to be a pilot but there is no guarantee that he would get a slot.

We get backlash all the time! You would think people would be grateful for our military and the fact that they get to wake up safely in their beds every morning because of them... but nope. We get comments about Chris being a baby killer. Or that one of us is going to cheat on each other. That it's selfish to bring children into our household since he deploys so often. That we are stupid to be a military family since the pay puts as poverty level. That Chris only joined because he must be stupid and uneducated as those are the only people who would join the military. That if Chris dies he deserves it since he signed his life away to the government... ect. It's amazing the things people say.

September 22nd, 2007, 08:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
It can be pretty hard to get a pilot slot. Thats the only reason Chris won't go officer. He wants to be a pilot but there is no guarantee that he would get a slot.

We get backlash all the time! You would think people would be grateful for our military and the fact that they get to wake up safely in their beds every morning because of them... but nope. We get comments about Chris being a baby killer. Or that one of us is going to cheat on each other. That it's selfish to bring children into our household since he deploys so often. That we are stupid to be a military family since the pay puts as poverty level. That Chris only joined because he must be stupid and uneducated as those are the only people who would join the military. That if Chris dies he deserves it since he signed his life away to the government... ect. It's amazing the things people say.[/b]
Total bummer on the rude comments!

The ROTC people were pretty deceptive with the whole pilot thing...based on test scores and such they claimed over and over again it would be no problem...then oh, I don't know if we can make that happen...he was ticked!
September 22nd, 2007, 08:08 PM
They are no better than recruiters. I'm not saying they are *bad* but they do embellish the truth to get someone to join and stay in. It's sad that we have to do stuff like that. Thats why most people will tell you to talk to someone whose done it, and not someone who wants you to do it.

September 22nd, 2007, 08:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
They are no better than recruiters. I'm not saying they are *bad* but they do embellish the truth to get someone to join and stay in. It's sad that we have to do stuff like that. Thats why most people will tell you to talk to someone whose done it, and not someone who wants you to do it.[/b]
Well another good part to him doing it for awhile, he made a really great friend. Ironically he didn't finish school at the original one either...he's been in for 7 years now and will probably be in for life. I wish we could see them moer often, but they are still great friends!
September 22nd, 2007, 08:15 PM
The military is a great place to meet life long friends. We have a few that I know no matter where we go we will always keep in touch. Our friends became our family. They love our children just as much as any Aunt or Uncle would and we trust them completely.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search