O/T

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2007, 09:22 PM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm watching the History Channel right now, and there is some show that Billy Ray Cyrus is narrating. He just told that marijuana is the #1 cash crop in KY! That's crazy! DH is sleeping right now and I just found that so crazy that I needed to share with someone!
September 24th, 2007, 03:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I'm watching the History Channel right now, and there is some show that Billy Ray Cyrus is narrating. He just told that marijuana is the #1 cash crop in KY! That's crazy! DH is sleeping right now and I just found that so crazy that I needed to share with someone! [/b]
That is pretty funny!
September 24th, 2007, 05:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
i find that hard to believe, that sounds like "war on drugs" propaganda

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
September 24th, 2007, 05:54 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
That's scary and sad.

September 24th, 2007, 06:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No, it's true and has been for many many years. I remember them putting that disclaimer in school when I was little. The teacher would have to ask "What's the #1 LEGAL cash crop in our state?"

It wouldn't be so hard to believe if you grew up in the county I did. It was everywhere. People would plant it on other people's land (so that if the cops decided they were bored and were actually going to bust someone they wouldn't know whose it was.) My Dad has found it on different parts of his farms a million times.

Every once in awhile the cops will do a token drug bust and go clean a field out but not very often. But hey what do you expect from a little town whose last sheriff got sent to prison for embezelling all the property taxes and the current one gets thrown in the drunk tank on a regular basis. (Not arrested of course, no one is ever arrested unless something makes state news and they HAVE to, just thrown in there to sleep it off so he doesn't go home and beat the wife.)

Did I mention I grew up in a backwards little town.
September 24th, 2007, 07:37 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
wow Sarah! Your town sounds like something out of a movie.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
September 24th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah I mean it is the typical little small town with people who would do anything for you and you always know everybody in the grocery store so it does have its good points but I'm glad not to live there anymore. We just go back to visit my family. I'd like to live at a more in between point sometime in the future but not actually back down there. Some stuff is just too corrupt. I mean sure it's nice to know you'll never get a speeding ticket because you know all the cops but then there's people who are doing really bad stuff that they're aren't getting in trouble for either because they know all the cops too. It's a very small town. I think there are only 4 stoplights in the whole county. We don't stand a chance of moving any close than 2 hours away from my family though because of the traffic situation trying to go North into Louisville and Southern Indiana where we work. We have to stay in Sourthern Indiana so that we are heading South into work or it will take us forever to get there. We will probably end up moving down about 30 minutes farther south though so that will make it about 35-60 minutes south of DH's parent's and older brother's family (right near April and her family though!!) and about 2 hours north of mine.

Ashley, my Mom would LOVE for us to move to Elizabethtown. We have some family there and it would only be 1 1/2 drive for her which really isn't bad since they have to drive to Glasgow/Cave City all the time anyway.
September 24th, 2007, 08:40 AM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I do love living here! Hardin County is great. If you really want a great place to live though, move to Glendale (it's the exit just south of E'town). It's still small enough to have that really small town vibe, but it's super close to E'town, which would have everything you need except for CVS. But you could stop there when you go to work.

Have you ever heard of the Glendale Crossing Festival? It's the third Saturday in Oct. It has a parade and all kinds of crafts and yummy food. I love it! I just love this time of year!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search