Hey girls I want to join!!!

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2007, 11:15 PM
Tam_383
Im new to this board but not JM, at the moment we are still TTC #1. We moved to the USA in Dec and we are frantically trying to save $$ to buy a house, but the prices in Cali are so expensive and we need 30% downpayment.

I'm new to this whole coupon thing.... I wouldn't even know where to look for them, the only coupons I have used are the ones that come in the mail from costco....

I just read some of your posts and I have no idea what any of you are talking about LOL

I need all the help I can get girls!
September 24th, 2007, 06:53 AM
CBMS
I'm so glad you've joined us!!

Jess is from California, too... so she may be the regional person you want telling you where to get the good stuff.

I get my coupons from the Sunday paper, from mailing lists (on kraft.com, huggies.com, pampers.com, etc.) and I also print them online at coupons.com and smartsource.com and target.com. Target has good coupons, and you can combine them with manufacturer coupons to sweeten the savings!!

September 24th, 2007, 07:35 AM
gctattoo
Welcome to the board! We're happy you've joined us. Kim pretty much summed up the various ways to get coupons. Two more ways are to join our coupon train and to do trades with other ladies on the board. (Check out the coupon trading subforum for trades.)

What stores do you have available to you? That'll give us a better idea of the deals you're able to get so we can help you find them.
September 24th, 2007, 08:39 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
welcome to the board!!! It's customary for the newbies to send me and Liz !!!

Anyway, I get my coupons from trains, the sunday paper, online, mailing list, ect.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
September 24th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! More cookies

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
September 24th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Tam_383
Quote:
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! More cookies[/b]
cookies?? do you mean real ones? Im so confused lOL

September 24th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy

its an initiation, all the newbies have to send cookies to beth and I. We will be happy to tell you were to get good deals on them.

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
September 24th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Tam_383
Quote:
Welcome to the board! We're happy you've joined us. Kim pretty much summed up the various ways to get coupons. Two more ways are to join our coupon train and to do trades with other ladies on the board. (Check out the coupon trading subforum for trades.)

What stores do you have available to you? That'll give us a better idea of the deals you're able to get so we can help you find them.
[/b]
ok the stores I shop at are:

Safeway
Walgreens
Costco
Target
Macys

there is no Walmart near me..... otherwise I would go there to
September 24th, 2007, 10:05 AM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and I recognize you from the ttc board. My advice would be to start slowly. Start getting the weekly Sunday paper if you don't already. Buy yourself a coupon organizer (dollar tree has cheapy ones to get you started). Clip all of the coupons from Sunday's paper, even if you think you won't use them. You may come across a deal that you will get PAID for if you have a coupon, and suddenly, that product that you wouldn't normally buy and have no use for, suddenly sounds rather good, lol.

For example, I don't use tylenol pm. BUT, a few weeks back there was a sale at Walgreens (WAG) where, when coupled with a manufacturer coupon AND a Walgreens coupon, PAID me 50c for each box that I bought. So, I bought 9 boxes, coupled that sale with a sale on toilet paper (again thanks to a mfr coupon + WAG coupon) and walked away with 9 packs of toilet paper and 9 boxes of Tylenol for absolutely FREE!!! I give Tylenol pm away to all my friends and family when I see them, lol.

So, moral of the story, cut all the coupons, lol.

Master one store at a time. It can be overwhelming hearing all of us talk about the deals we got at 10 different stores. You'll get there with time, but if you try to do it all at once, you'll get overwhelmed and may end up giving up. I recommend starting with either Walgreens or CVS because you can find the absolute best deals at those 2 stores. Once you've mastered one store, add in another one, until you've got them all down pat.

Also check out www.hotcouponworld.com If there is a good deal going on, they will tell you about it and tell you where to find a printable coupon to match the sale.

September 24th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Tam_383
Quote:
Hi and I recognize you from the ttc board. My advice would be to start slowly. Start getting the weekly Sunday paper if you don't already. Buy yourself a coupon organizer (dollar tree has cheapy ones to get you started). Clip all of the coupons from Sunday's paper, even if you think you won't use them. You may come across a deal that you will get PAID for if you have a coupon, and suddenly, that product that you wouldn't normally buy and have no use for, suddenly sounds rather good, lol.

For example, I don't use tylenol pm. BUT, a few weeks back there was a sale at Walgreens (WAG) where, when coupled with a manufacturer coupon AND a Walgreens coupon, PAID me 50c for each box that I bought. So, I bought 9 boxes, coupled that sale with a sale on toilet paper (again thanks to a mfr coupon + WAG coupon) and walked away with 9 packs of toilet paper and 9 boxes of Tylenol for absolutely FREE!!! I give Tylenol pm away to all my friends and family when I see them, lol.

So, moral of the story, cut all the coupons, lol.

Master one store at a time. It can be overwhelming hearing all of us talk about the deals we got at 10 different stores. You'll get there with time, but if you try to do it all at once, you'll get overwhelmed and may end up giving up. I recommend starting with either Walgreens or CVS because you can find the absolute best deals at those 2 stores. Once you've mastered one store, add in another one, until you've got them all down pat.

Also check out www.hotcouponworld.com If there is a good deal going on, they will tell you about it and tell you where to find a printable coupon to match the sale.[/b]
Thanks.... we have never gotten a paper so I will make sure I get the Sunday one from now on.

Im confused though how did you get the stuff at walgreens for free?? where do you get manufacturers coupons?

I'll start with walgreens, there is no CVS here..
September 24th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Im confused though how did you get the stuff at walgreens for free?? where do you get manufacturers coupons?[/b]
The great thing about Walgreens is that they issue their own coupons, both in their weekly ad and in their easysaver booklet (which is with the ads at the front of the store). They allow you to combine a WAG (Walgreens) coupon with a mfr (manufacturer coupon) on the same item! So for the example I used above, it looked like this:

Tylenol was on sale for $2.49/box.
WAG had a $2.00 off coupon in their easysaver booklet.
I also had $1 off mfr coupons

WAG had a 2/$5 coupon on Scott Extra Soft toilet paper 4-packs
I also had $2.00 off mfr coupons.

So:
$22.41 9 boxes of Tylenol pm
$35.91 9 4-roll packs of Scott Extra Soft toilet paper.
$58.32
+$1.95 tax
$60.27
-$13.41 2/$5 WAG coupon Scott
-$18.00 mfr scott coupons
-$18.00 WAG Tylenol pm coupon
-$9.00 mfr tylenol pm coupons
$1.86 total oop (less than tax!!!) for 9 4-roll packs of toilet paper & 9 boxes of tylenol pm

September 24th, 2007, 04:04 PM
This week at Walgreens, Advil pm & Advil liquid gels are on a RR (register rewards) deal.

You do have to buy the 2 advils separately (different transactions) because if you buy them together, only one register reward will print, and you'll lose out.

Transaction #1:
Purchase a box of Advil liquid gels, 20-count (regular) for $3.99, use a $2 off coupon from HERE, pay $2.28 (after tax) and get a RR for $4 off your next purchase. You just made a profit of $1.72!

Transaction #2:
Purchase a box of Advil PM liquid gels, 16-count for $3, use a $2 off coupon from HERE AND Aquafresh toothbrush listed in the easysaver for $3.99, use your $4 register reward that you just earned on the first transaction, pay $1.49 (after tax), and get a RR for $2 off your next purchase. AND, the toothbrush has a $3.99 mail in rebate (inside the easysaver).

Grand total:
1 advil pm
1 advil
1 toothbrush
Total oop (out-of-pocket) $3.77
$2 coupon off your next purchase in your wallet
AND
get $3.99 back in the mail.

You just made $2.22 profit and got free products!

That may not sound like much, but you'll learn that you can buy a LOT with an extra $2.22!

September 24th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!

It does take some time, but after a few months you'll be all over the great deals and steals!
September 24th, 2007, 06:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!

September 24th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Tam_383
Quote:
Welcome![/b]
Thanks!

Ok so I am very proud of myself.... I just ran to the store to grab some stuff for dinner.... I ate before I went so I wasn't craving sweets and candy... anyway safeway often has BOGO (is that the right abbrev? for buy one get one free?) and 10 for $10 sales... well Barilla pasta is usually $1.99 a packet well it was on the 10 for 10 special so I got 2, I also only brought items on sale.... and only the things I really needed!!... also another great acomplishment I am totally addicted to apple sauce... well usually I buy the 6 pack of 4oz tubs... well the 6 pack was on sale 2/$5.00 well I glanced down the self and they had the big jars of it on sale 2/$3.00 - it is the equavilent of the 6 pack but it was $1.50 instead of $2.50!! now I know $1.00 is nothing to be raving about but its a start right!!

I do love safeway because almost all the time I save over $10 on the stuff I buy and although I only spent $22 today I saved $8 !!!!!!!!!!!
September 24th, 2007, 09:43 PM
gctattoo
Quote:
Quote:
Welcome![/b]
Thanks!

Ok so I am very proud of myself.... I just ran to the store to grab some stuff for dinner.... I ate before I went so I wasn't craving sweets and candy... anyway safeway often has BOGO (is that the right abbrev? for buy one get one free?) and 10 for $10 sales... well Barilla pasta is usually $1.99 a packet well it was on the 10 for 10 special so I got 2, I also only brought items on sale.... and only the things I really needed!!... also another great acomplishment I am totally addicted to apple sauce... well usually I buy the 6 pack of 4oz tubs... well the 6 pack was on sale 2/$5.00 well I glanced down the self and they had the big jars of it on sale 2/$3.00 - it is the equavilent of the 6 pack but it was $1.50 instead of $2.50!! now I know $1.00 is nothing to be raving about but its a start right!!

I do love safeway because almost all the time I save over $10 on the stuff I buy and although I only spent $22 today I saved $8 !!!!!!!!!!!
[/b]
That's a great start! Basically, it all comes down to being prepared. Knowing what's the best sale, what coupons you can use with it, comparing sizes and cost per unit, and having a plan of attack.
September 24th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! Great start!
September 25th, 2007, 06:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Great job! Good observation on the applesauce...buy yourself some small containers and a big ole jar and you're set for a fraction of the cost of the single serve size!
September 25th, 2007, 02:09 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
TAM!!!!! Nice to see you here girl!! These ladies are awesome and they will help you in any way you need. Welcome to the board!!
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13)2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

EDD May 12th with identical twin GIRLS!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search