game plans for the week?

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2007, 01:08 PM
gctattoo
What's your saving/spending plan for the week?

Mine is a trip to CVS for diapers(coupon is expiring) and milk that I was unaware was on sale until this morning. It's a good thing I got it on sale for the same price at WAG yesterday. No harm, no foul. But I get to use a $4/$20 coupon at CVS that Kim sent me so that's a big help! Then I'll check the Publix and Winn Dixie ads when they come out to see what I can't live without. Then Walmart on Saturday to pick up anything else I need.
September 24th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
this week is weird for me because im going out of town. I need to go to target for diapers, kroger for a couple other things, and maybe walmart on sunday, but I might wait until next week for walmart

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
September 24th, 2007, 01:21 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Target on Saturday for diapers and the bulk of our groceries. Waiting to get the grocery store ads tomorrow to plan the rest of the week. We don't have any of those great shops like CVS and Publix.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
September 24th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am already (mostly) done with mine. I thought I was completely done but I'm considering one more small Meijer trip.

CVS for Pepsi, gatorade, deo and excedrin.

Kroger for 20 boxes of pizza rolls and 8 tubs of Lloyds BBQ.

Walgreen's for 4 bottles of Dawn (and tried to do the Advil but the RR wasn't printing, no big deal though).

Meijer for Bread, cheese (sliced cheese, string cheese, parmesean cheese and pimento cheese), Mac n' Cheese, Cat Treats, Dog Treats and Litter

I also bought a 0.75 box of yogos from CVS today!

I am considering one more trip to Meijer for some more dirt cheap pet treats. They have Beggin Strips for $2.15 and I have a $1 coupon and a coupon for free Chew-eez with Beggin Strips, so 2 bags of treats for $1.15. Plus the Whisker Lickens treats are 0.95 this week and with the $1/2 coupons they are only 45c a pouch. AND the friskies treats are 1.35 but if you buy 2 you get 0.50 off your next order coupon and I have a $1/2 coupon and a B2G1 coupons so they end up being about 40c a pouch. I may make another run and spend about $5 on some more treats.
September 24th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
is lloyds part of the kroger deal?

My Blog
September 24th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It's not part of the $2/10 deal but it is BOGO there this week. At least in my region.
September 24th, 2007, 02:04 PM
CBMS
I'm going to CVS to get the PepsiCo deal and the Poise deal. And the colgate deal (although I don't need it )

I'm going to Publix to grab the BOGO uncle ben's with some .75 coupons, and I'm going to Sweetbay to get tons of yogurt to shove in the freezer. That's it for me. I'm already over and I'm robbing Peter to pay Paul as it is...
September 24th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't think there's anything that's calling my name this week I'm not sure if I'm going shopping at all.
September 24th, 2007, 02:42 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I'm going to Target for diapers and then to Best Buy to get a new digital camera!!!!!! DH had won an Ipod shuffle at work and he already has one so since it came with the gift receipt we returned it. They only would give us a gift card so that is why I'm limited to going to BB to get the camera. My parents gave us $50 yesterday for our anniversary. So I have $130 to use towards it.

September 24th, 2007, 02:59 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
Meijer for laundry detergent (Hooray Dynamo sale ... B1G2!!), and I don't know what else. There wasn't much jumping out at me.

Target for more nearly free tuna before my coupons expire on the 29th.

And, the farmer's market for apples and squash. Mmmmm, Michigan apples.
September 24th, 2007, 03:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
word @ getting more tuna if i end up at target

My Blog
September 24th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Regular
Still learning here but spent this past weekend trying a gameplan. I had my target coupons in hand...the IP ones and the 1.00 off tuna and HOW COOL to get my pouches (usually too expensive to buy the flavered pouches!) for free. I made my sister go with me (lol)and divided my coupons with her. We were just rolling loading up our tuna~ hehe.. I felt like James Bond with my big ole basket of tuna... daring them to question me but they were just impressed! I was going to get the diapers at Target too but I only had 1.00 off coupon (just one!) and it was cheaper to get the big box for 26 that the sale diapers.

I went to Kroger but was completely confused and so I bought nothing. We just walked around taking coupons from the machines. lol Now I remember that Kroger doubles (duh) coupons (forgot that in the store and couldn't figure out the deals) so I am debating going to the one in a nearby town and getting the frozed veggies for 30 cents a bag and whatever else I can figure out to get. I read here about the pizza roll coupons and rushed to Ebay and bought some BEFORE I checked our ad and the pizza rolls weren't there. It was still the 10 for 10 deal. I hope the new ad will have the sale with the pizza rolls so I can use them. I am in AR.

September 24th, 2007, 04:34 PM
asianmama
not going anywhere except macys-- i got a gift card- so my friend and i will go shopping thursday( she got gift cards that are burning wholes in her wallet...gotta spend) lol
September 24th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Still learning here but spent this past weekend trying a gameplan. I had my target coupons in hand...the IP ones and the 1.00 off tuna and HOW COOL to get my pouches (usually too expensive to buy the flavered pouches!) for free. I made my sister go with me (lol)and divided my coupons with her. We were just rolling loading up our tuna~ hehe.. I felt like James Bond with my big ole basket of tuna... daring them to question me but they were just impressed! I was going to get the diapers at Target too but I only had 1.00 off coupon (just one!) and it was cheaper to get the big box for 26 that the sale diapers.

I went to Kroger but was completely confused and so I bought nothing. We just walked around taking coupons from the machines. lol Now I remember that Kroger doubles (duh) coupons (forgot that in the store and couldn't figure out the deals) so I am debating going to the one in a nearby town and getting the frozed veggies for 30 cents a bag and whatever else I can figure out to get. I read here about the pizza roll coupons and rushed to Ebay and bought some BEFORE I checked our ad and the pizza rolls weren't there. It was still the 10 for 10 deal. I hope the new ad will have the sale with the pizza rolls so I can use them. I am in AR.[/b]
Your pizza rolls were not apart of the Daytona Deal ? It is still an awesome deal only with the coupons .

Kroger
20 pizza rolls for (free)
10 Banquet meals (59c each)
8 Lloyds BBQ (BOGO + qs)

Meijers
6 mac and cheese B3G3
1 cookie mix (free)
Mitchum ($1.25)
Cat food (not a great deal here)

CVS
Pepsi deal
Cover girl deal
Excedrin (free)

ETA: I also got 2 small drgree deodorants at CVS total cost--99c each- 2 $1.00 off coupons = FREE (they price adjusted them down)

September 24th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Regular
The Krogers around here are still advertising (at least online) the 10 for 10. I didn't see anything about the Daytona deal online. Do the stores do the Daytona deal along with the 10 for 10? I am sooooooo confused. I want to go get the veggies but it's 20 miles and then I have to go back to Kroger later in the week (HOPEFULLY) to get the pizza rolls. Our ad changes on Wed...I think.

I have never shopped at Kroger so it is all new to me. I liked the little machines that shot out coupons though...hehe I cracked up the entire time thinking about one of you ladies going back to the machine to get another. I did the same thing. Plus, I bought nothing... just loaded up my coupon stash.. LMAO!
September 24th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Our was 10/10 plus the Daytona deal. Do you have a link that you could post for your store? I'll take a look and see if it is the same sales. Sometimes the different regions are slightly different.

ETA: I just noticed that you posted that your sales starts on Wednesday. Mine starts on Sundays. So, maybe this deal will start on Wednesday for you (not to sure how that works.

September 24th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
WAG yesterday for Advil and cheap milk thanks to overage and free gum!

CVS today for free Lamisil(bought it to spend 21 of the $30 to be able to usae my 5/30 coupon) Advil that they were substituing for other one (they even had little signs explaining the substitution) and a jumbo pack of pullups. I spent .78 plus 5 EB but I got back 4 EB, so 1.78 for some free stuff I don't need and the diapers (so 6.1 cents per diaper!). They were out of the pepcid, so I'll try the other one tomorrow and pay with EB and get more back!

Oh, I have to return and rebuy my Pantene Texturizer stuff at WAG since I got the $2 coupon for it today. That will acutally help the budget a little!

Other than that I am done...
September 24th, 2007, 08:44 PM
CBMS
Oh, crap... I forgot that I have to go to target before the tuna is no more, too! I need me my overage. woot.
September 25th, 2007, 06:29 AM
BoxerMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to BoxerMom
I will be going to CVS for the Pepsi deal - am getting the 12 packs, a 12 pack of water and some oats - then using my EB's for free paper towels. Then I will go out to the car and unload and go back in to use my other card to do the Pepsi deal again. This time I will do the 2 liters. We are having Alexis's bday party next weekend and I think that 2 liters will be better for the party. I just think that the cans will get wasted. We are having a lot of kids and I think that they may open a can, leave it somewhere half full, forget where it is and then get another one. Then I will use those EB's for some more free paper towels!

Then I am going to Price Chopper to get me some B1G2 free loaves of Freihofer's bread, B1G1 ham steaks.

September 25th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm thinking of starting to do deals on my second card too. I have so many scenarios running around in my head where I would make out like a bandit. Sigh, where's Teri? I need someone to talk me down.

Hmmm go in grab 5 Colgates and 2 Adidas, use a $4/$20, 5 $1 Colgate, 2 $1 Adidas pay $10.53 plus tax and get back $20.95 in ECB. Go back in and get 4 12pks of pepsi and 2 oats, use 2 0.70 oats coupons and $6 in ECB I earned the first transaction, pay $7.60 and get back $5 in ECB. For a total of $18.03 OOP and $19.95 in ECBs back.

Of course I don't really need or want the Colgate and Adidas.

Hmm, ok 4 pepsi, 2 oats, 2 tootpaste, use a $4/$20, 2 0.70 oats and 2 $1 tootpaste for an OOP of $13.58 and $10.98 in ECBs. Not as great but less OOP and I will actually use the pepsi and the oats.

Why am I considering doing this? Sigh, I have a problem.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search