someone please help me with...

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2007, 08:16 PM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
So, when you earn EB's back, do you have to use them on certain things one? Do they just keep building up or is there a limit? I need to 411 =-)

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

September 24th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You only earn them on certain products (well actually you earn back 2% of all purchases but that doesn't amount to much), but you can use them on anything. They are like money of your next order coupons. You can keep building them up but they do expire so make sure you use them before they do! I know Teri will probably post a better explanation.
September 24th, 2007, 08:37 PM
gctattoo
You can use them on anything with the usual exceptions of things like gift cards, prescriptions, tobacco products, alcohol. You can have as many unused EB's at a time as you want. But the best way to do it is to "roll them". That means using the maximum amount of EB's on a purchase to get as little OOP (out of pocket expense) as possible while hopefully, buying products that earn you more EB's each time. You will get to the point where you need less than a few dollars in cash anytime you go but walk away with upwards of $30 or more worth of merchandise. The amount you spend and the amount you save all depend upon how you roll them. Watch the expiration dates. Most EB's last one month from the date of issue. And even though they technically "don't expire" it's infinitely easier to use them within the time limit rather than fool with them after they've expired.

Anything else you need to know about them?
September 24th, 2007, 08:53 PM
This is SUCH a dumb ? but can they be used with coupons too?

Does CVS do competitors coupons?

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

September 24th, 2007, 08:57 PM
gctattoo
Quote:

Does CVS do competitors coupons?[/b]
Yes, they are their own special category of CVS coupons. You can use them with any other type of coupon there is, whether it be other CVS coupons or manuf. coupons.

I actually don't know about the competitor's coupons. I've never had the occasion to find out. It'll either be a company-wide yes or no or left open to individual store policies. Call your store and ask.

September 24th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Awesome. you are all so helpful =-)

Personally, the only thing thats even the slightest tempting this week is the pepsi deal, and the colgate. lol. the colgate is 2 bucks with like 2 EB back, plus a coupon from the paper so monmey earned (if this is right) and then I actually need some sodas, so thats not so bad either.

September 24th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
There is a colgate as a monthly deal that may be better. You can get up to 5 tubes at $2.99 and get $2.99 back on each. And yes you can use coupons from the paper! I don't know what the current one out is...$1 you say? Ok here's a scenario for you:

5 Colgate Total or Maxfresh @ 2.99 each = $14.95
5 Adidas Deos @ 3.29 each = $16.45
4 pepsi 12pks @ 2.50 each = $10.00
2 Quacker Instant Oatmeals @ 2.50 each = $5
1 Advil (regular kind) that they are substituting for the Maximum Strength = $3.99
Total = $50.39
Less $10/$50 (there is a link on the board somewhere to a place you can print this)
Less $5 in Adidas Coupons
Less $1.40 in Quacker Coupons
Less $5 in Colgate Coupons
Less 0.75 Advil Coupons (this one was in an insert, I believe there might be a printable $2 one which would be better)
Final Total (assuming you don't have any ECB or CVS coupons) = $28.24 plus tax and you will earn $38.95 in ECB.

If you don't have the above coupons, or enough copies and you want them, let me know because I'm sure I have at least that many to spare.
September 25th, 2007, 05:40 AM
CBMS
Quote:
Quote:

Does CVS do competitors coupons?[/b]
Yes, they are their own special category of CVS coupons. You can use them with any other type of coupon there is, whether it be other CVS coupons or manuf. coupons.

I actually don't know about the competitor's coupons. I've never had the occasion to find out. It'll either be a company-wide yes or no or left open to individual store policies. Call your store and ask.

[/b]

However, with the new computer system what it is, you can no longer have more coupons than items, and they do include the stupid EB's and 4/20-type in that amount of coupons. It's freaking stupid.
September 25th, 2007, 05:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So is it now 1 CVS and 1 MC allowed per item? I haven't noticed...

That will be a pain if you want to use several itty bitty EB (like a buck or 2)
September 25th, 2007, 05:57 AM
CBMS
Quote:
So is it now 1 CVS and 1 MC allowed per item? I haven't noticed...

That will be a pain if you want to use several itty bitty EB (like a buck or 2)[/b]

No, no... if you have 19 items, you can ONLY have 19 coupons, so you better throw in a few coupons that are $/2 or items that don't have coupies at all.

That was one of the reasons that I ended up having to void off stuff on my 10/50 day... we had to do them on a separate order. The kid was kind of clueless, and the manager is the one that said there is now a limit of coupons--you can only use the same number of coupons--total--as your total number of items. I even said, "but that's stupid because you allow combinations of CVS coupons and manu coupons--that's like saying you'll allow it as long as we buy something else we don't have a coupon for. It's dishonest." He didn't care.
September 25th, 2007, 06:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
huh...yesterday I bought 4 items and used 7 coupons (one 5/30, $5 EB, a CVS one, and 4 MC). Honestly I didn't see if they all scanned or if she pushed them through...my kiddo was organizing the tic tacs (some were not with the right kind so he was fixing them...just like his mother!)

That totally is not right...they need to allow 1 CVS and 1 MC item...

How often do we buy things without coupons???
September 25th, 2007, 06:13 AM
gctattoo
My CVS cashiers have always been great so I have no idea what to think. I honestly believe none of the rules apply to me. For instance, I've seen on HCW where they discuss filler items for CVS (the post was months ago) and I never needed them. If something beeps, the cashier pushes it through manually. And the HCW ladies were also really excited to now be able to use as many EB's per purchase as they wanted. That's nothing new to me-- it's just the way it's always been. So whether the system is new or old, I just don't know. If the day ever comes where they would insist upon a filler item, I just refuse. If I wanted a pack of gum, I would've already gotten it. I don't do filler items.
September 25th, 2007, 06:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
My CVS cashiers have always been great so I have no idea what to think. I honestly believe none of the rules apply to me. For instance, I've seen on HCW where they discuss filler items for CVS (the post was months ago) and I never needed them. If something beeps, the cashier pushes it through manually. And the HCW ladies were also really excited to now be able to use as many EB's per purchase as they wanted. That's nothing new to me-- it's just the way it's always been. So whether the system is new or old, I just don't know. If the day ever comes where they would insist upon a filler item, I just refuse. If I wanted a pack of gum, I would've already gotten it. I don't do filler items.[/b]
I've used multiple EBs before too, without problem.

My filler item usually ends up as peanut M & Ms. The kiddo loves them (so do I!!) and he puts up with a lot of shopping when he would rather be running around and playing!
September 25th, 2007, 06:21 AM
CBMS
Quote:
huh...yesterday I bought 4 items and used 7 coupons (one 5/30, $5 EB, a CVS one, and 4 MC). Honestly I didn't see if they all scanned or if she pushed them through...my kiddo was organizing the tic tacs (some were not with the right kind so he was fixing them...just like his mother!)

How often do we buy things without coupons???[/b]
I rarely do. Sometimes I'll have a $/2 coupon, but that's it... I basically don't buy things without coupons, though...

Quote:
My CVS cashiers have always been great so I have no idea what to think. I honestly believe none of the rules apply to me. For instance, I've seen on HCW where they discuss filler items for CVS (the post was months ago) and I never needed them. If something beeps, the cashier pushes it through manually. And the HCW ladies were also really excited to now be able to use as many EB's per purchase as they wanted. That's nothing new to me-- it's just the way it's always been. So whether the system is new or old, I just don't know. If the day ever comes where they would insist upon a filler item, I just refuse. If I wanted a pack of gum, I would've already gotten it. I don't do filler items.[/b]
Supposedly, now when they have to manually enter a coupon, that's it. They can't scan anymore, they can't put anymore in manually, nothing. They said it's because they've been getting ripped off. Like the buy 20 get 20 EBs deal a while back. They said that people would go in, get the items, then go to another CVS and return the items and keep the EB's. So then the EB's would beep at the cashier, and they'd make it go through--not knowing that it was beeping because it was no longer valid! I was like, "who were the idiots returning stuff that was FREE anyway?! I did that deal! It was Kraft, and I only had to pay 7 bucks to get 20!! The people just don't know how to shop, and they're ruining it for those of us who DO!"

anyway... that was the low-down on it...
September 25th, 2007, 06:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:

How often do we buy things without coupons???[/b]
I rarely do. Sometimes I'll have a $/2 coupon, but that's it... I basically don't buy things without coupons, though...

Quote:
Supposedly, now when they have to manually enter a coupon, that's it. They can't scan anymore, they can't put anymore in manually, nothing. They said it's because they've been getting ripped off. Like the buy 20 get 20 EBs deal a while back. They said that people would go in, get the items, then go to another CVS and return the items and keep the EB's. So then the EB's would beep at the cashier, and they'd make it go through--not knowing that it was beeping because it was no longer valid! I was like, "who were the idiots returning stuff that was FREE anyway?! I did that deal! It was Kraft, and I only had to pay 7 bucks to get 20!! The people just don't know how to shop, and they're ruining it for those of us who DO!"

anyway... that was the low-down on it...

[/b]
I hate it when people are idiots!
September 25th, 2007, 06:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I haven't been having a problem using more coupons than items. I have really great cashiers though. Hmm, I wonder if that's why the one I had last Saturday added up all my CVS coupons ($5/$30, $1 Degree, $11 ECB) and entered them in manually as 1 coupon?

I do usually throw a sale item or two in that I don't have coupons for though or a pack of two of M&Ms or Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for DH to get me up to the right amount.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search