Halloween Candy?

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2007, 10:13 AM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Has anyone found any great deals on Halloween candy yet?

Now that we're in a house this will be our first year to get trick or treaters!

And of course any candy that is leftover...

September 25th, 2007, 10:25 AM
gctattoo
Sorry, I never pay attention to Halloween candy prices. In the past, we were out taking my step-daughter trick or treating so never handed out candy. Not that we'd get any trick or treaters where we live anyway. And this year, we'll be picking my best friend and her daughters up from the airport during trick or treating so Alisha will have to wait until next year to do Halloween.
September 25th, 2007, 10:56 AM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I haven't seen any good deals yet. I'm chomping at the bit. Halloween is about the only time we buy candy.
September 25th, 2007, 11:44 AM
asianmama
if i do candy i just buy a big bag at costco--about 700 peices for like 10 bucks
September 25th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Okay I think I've found a decent deal for next week at CVS. Buy 2 bags of Mars (Milky way, skittles, snickers, starburst, 3 musketeers or twix) fun size candy at $2 each, get $2 in ECB. Add in the coupon that came out recently (save $1.00 on two bags of Snickers, Milky Way, 3 Musketeers, Twix, Skittles, Starburst, MMs, Dove) and you can get the bags for $0.50 each.

Does that sound good or should I hold out for something cheaper? I'm thinking that may be as good as it gets for brand name candy.

I am getting excited about CVS next week! It's definately not a buy-nothing month for me!

September 25th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That's an awesome deal! And how did I overlook those coupons? I hope they came out in my region. I will definately pick up some candy if they did. It will be for DH though, we don't get trick or treaters where we live. The only way we stand a chance is if April brings her kids to our house.

We're thinking about asking to take our nieces and nephews to the halloween at the zoo too. We did it last year with my sister's kids and they had fun. They put most of the animals up but there are still a few out. The kids get all dressed up in their costumes and trick or treat inside the zoo. There are volunteers dressed up as a bunch of different storybook/movie characters who hand out the candy and there are these elaborate "scenes" for each one, like the tower of oz, shrek's castle, the three little pigs straw house. It runs most of the month of October on the weekend afternoons.
September 25th, 2007, 01:25 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I have a coupon for 2.00 off two bags of candy (M&M's ect...) so I'll just use that. And then AFTER Halloween I'll go stock up on Candy for Christmas.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
September 25th, 2007, 01:25 PM
CBMS
They have the bags of candy on sale BOGO/2.50 at Publix, and it's the ones that there were coupons for 1.00/2 in the paper this week... so I'm gonna get four bags for only 3 bucks. woot.
September 25th, 2007, 02:00 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
DH as never asked why the stocking stuffer candy is always orange and black ... mmmm, Halloween clearance!
September 25th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I love Halloween clearance!! I used to get my niece and nephew costumes the day after halloween for their "dress-up" clothes. They would go from $20 down to like $2. They are a little too big for that now though. But yummmm on the 75% off (or more!) candy. I LOVE nerds and the day after halloween is about the only time I buy them.
September 25th, 2007, 03:43 PM
If the candy coupon was in this week's paper I guess that's why I only have one of them!
Two bags will probably be plenty though. My MIL always gives Dh and me candy for all the major holidays. And Dh always gives me his because he doens't like hardly any candy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search