I know what I'll be doing with my extra money next month

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2007, 11:57 AM
CBMS
I will most definitely be making the target bill payment.

Seriously--if I so much as hint to the fact that I'm even THINKING about shopping... someone come through the computer and just slap me.

I went to target today... and while I saved a near fortune, I spent one too. Sort of. I put it on the red card.

Here's my huge-o list of crap:

3 pregnant camisoles for 2.48 each
2 pregnant cardigan sweaters for 4.98 each
1 pair of maternity shorts for 8.98 (had a coupon for 5.00 off the maternity stuff...)
2 packs of 3-pair panties; one for each girl (on clearance for 2.98)
15 shirts for the girls (ranging from 1.37-2.48 clearance prices)
6 scooters, shorts, pants for the girls (ranging from 1.98 to 6.48--all those clothes are for CHRISTMAS!!)
6 packs of goodnites (on clearance for 4.98!! I had three 1.00 coupons and I slid in a 1.50 huggies coupon, too I wasn't sure it would work, or I'd have slid THREE IN!)
1 pack of size 1 huggies (on sale for 7.50, had a 2.00 target coupon, and a 1.50 manu coupon)
1 pack of size 3 pampers cruisers (on sale for 7.50, had a 1.50 target coupon and a 2.50 manu coupon)
1 box of pampers swaddlers for the baby (17.49, had a 2.00 target coupon and a 2.50 manu coupon)
1 box of reese's snacksters (on sale 1.75, had a .75 manu coupon)
4 boxes of market pantry juice pouches--generic caprisuns (new price of 1.44, and had .50 target coupons!!)
2 large pouches of starkist tuna (cost 1.57, had .50 target coupons and 1.00 manu coupons)
4 small pouches of starkist tuna (cost .87, had .50 target coupons, one .55 manu coupon, and one 1.50/3 manu coupon--OVERAGE!!)
2 packs of fudge sticks (on sale for 1.66, had a manu 1.00/2 coupon and a target 1.00/2 coupon)
1 pack of fudge shoppe peanut butter filled cookies (on sale for 1.66)
1 pack of chips deluxe cookies (2.04, and used the target coupon for 1.00/2 and manu coupon for 1.00/2 with the above cookies)
2 12-packs of coke

The total was over 180.00 before coupons... it was 144.86 after coupons. I should have gotten more of the tuna with the overage, but I don't have enough coupons to do much to that total anyway.

Hey..at least part was Christmas... and now Kaity is set with goodnites for a few months... I now officially have hundreds of diapers for the new baby (two cases of pampers swaddlers size one, three packs of huggies size 1, four packs of huggies size 2, and one pack of huggies newborn...)

I'll definitely be making that payment next month...
September 25th, 2007, 12:12 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, great deals on the clothes! I love Target's clearance clothes. You did really well, especially since a lot of that is for Christmas.

All these Target posts are making me want to go NOW...but payday's not until Friday.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
September 25th, 2007, 12:14 PM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
But if you don't think about shopping, how am I going to copy your good deals?

You got some good deals on the maternity clothes. Those things are so expensive. And you got a head start on christmas, so you did great!

September 25th, 2007, 12:19 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
i love shopping through the year for Christmas goodies. It saves so much money that way.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
September 25th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think we should stage an intervention on ourselves Kim. I went to Walmart and Meijer at lunch.

Walmart
4 3.15lb bags of Friskies (Would I have gotten more if they had them?, yes)
1 small pack Cleanteam wipes
Spent $5, Saved $10

Meijer
10 bags of dog treats
12 pouches of cat treats
Spent $13, saved $35

Now granted, I actually didn't have what I consider too much cat food given how many strays we feed and the little pouches of cat treats will go fast since the dogs love those too, but you have to give them several at a time.

Although I'm still going to get 10 more 3.15lb bags of Friskies whenever Meijer or Walmart gets restocked. Plus I'm getting as many 3lb bags of Purina Dog and Cat Chow as I get coupons for (but those are going to be free so I don't count them ).

I did do good and decide NOT to go to CVS with my second card to do the pepsi deal again and also not to go back and get one of the PUR water pitchers I saw on clearance since then I would just rope myself into having to buy the filters and we already have a Brita one so I don't need it.

Of course, now I have to go to Target and check out all the awesome clearance deals everyone has been posting about to see if I can score anything for our nieces and nephews....Darn it.
September 25th, 2007, 12:55 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
Waaaaaaaaa!

I want to go shopping.

More, I want money to make that possible.

(I'm having a crappy money day)

Great deals, though.
September 25th, 2007, 03:08 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Where are you getting all your Target coupons? I printed a few off their website today, but I know I did not see any for tuna or diapers. Not that I need the diapers. I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on another source of Target coupons.

September 25th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It's almost October Kim!!!
September 25th, 2007, 04:51 PM
CBMS
Quote:
Where are you getting all your Target coupons? I printed a few off their website today, but I know I did not see any for tuna or diapers. Not that I need the diapers. I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on another source of Target coupons.[/b]

The diapers and maternity clothes were a mailing.

The tuna is still printable from hotcouponworld.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search