CVS YTD savings...

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So, on HCW some people were mentioning that their receipts weren't listing their YTD savings...then they started talknig about what their amounts were...people have savings in the thousands! One person had 6K something...I just don't see how they can save that much!
September 25th, 2007, 09:36 PM
CBMS
That's a LOT. If I had more to spend, I could probably save that much. I've saved almost 700, and only spent a fraction of that...
September 25th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've saved about 650 and spent about 200.
September 25th, 2007, 09:40 PM
gctattoo
I don't recall how much I've saved this year. But it's nowhere near that! The thing I don't agree with that most of the ladies do on HCW is the way they roll their EB's. I've seen them advise newbies to buy everything that gives them back EB's, even if they don't want it or will never use it. Just to get the EB's to roll for next time. It's very odd to me. I don't buy anything I don't want or am not willing or able to use. So it's not a big deal for them to save 6k. They just have a pile of crap they'll never use to show for it. *shrug*
September 25th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I don't recall how much I've saved this year. But it's nowhere near that! The thing I don't agree with that most of the ladies do on HCW is the way they roll their EB's. I've seen them advise newbies to buy everything that gives them back EB's, even if they don't want it or will never use it. Just to get the EB's to roll for next time. It's very odd to me. I don't buy anything I don't want or am not willing or able to use. So it's not a big deal for them to save 6k. They just have a pile of crap they'll never use to show for it. *shrug*[/b]
I suppose if it is free after EB and they have $/$$ coupons to use then I guess they end up spending less than they get back, or if they have a free EB item and they have a coupon for it then they make money on it. But other than that... Now that I know my MIL can donate the stuff through the women's club she belongs to I will be more likely to get things for free even if I won't use it. I know there are places I could donate to, but they are like 20 minutes away. It is much easier to leave a box with MIL!!!
September 25th, 2007, 09:48 PM
tonyarn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I tend to roll my ECB's and sell what I can't use to make a profit.

Benjamin 2/2/09

***site contains pictures***
I have 3 angels waiting for me in heaven.
September 25th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That's an idea...but not something I'd spend the time on doing...I'd rather just write it off!
September 26th, 2007, 07:44 AM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I honestly think most of the women on HCW are bat crap crazy. I don't really post there ever, I just use their previews. I also cannot justify any OOP for stuff that may be free later, but I won't ever have an inkling to use. Maybe it's because my budget is tight, or because I only use cash and don't want to lay a bunch of it out on stuff I won't use. *shrug* I concur about selling off stuff you won't use. I've done that a couple times, but it was stuff we just couldn't get used up, not that we would have never used it (like contact solution or diapers or something ...).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search