Kroger questions

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Regular
I am new to this and I am trying to figure out what I'm going to buy at Krogers. I have never shopped there so maybe someone that has can help me.

Do you have to have a Kroger card? My mom has one, can I just use hers? If I want to get one, can I sign up at the store and get it the same day? Is it free?

My sale ad says the daytona deal is 3 per transaction. So, that means I can buy 30 boxes of pizza rolls and get the 6.00 off but not 50 at a time and get the deal? Do i have to buy 10 of the same items to get the 10 for 10 deal? Like, can I buy 5 boxes of pizza rolls and 5 cans of chili?

Do you make several trips or ask the cashier to divide up your orders so you can get the deal? I think I will drag my mom, dad and sister with me and have them do their own deals- back to back.

Sorry for all the questions! I just want to be informed before I go into the store.

Julie

September 26th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy

Do you have to have a Kroger card? You have to have the kroger card to get the sales prices and promotions.
My mom has one, can I just use hers? Yes you could
If I want to get one, can I sign up at the store and get it the same day? Yes, you can just sign up at the customer service desk and they will give you one.
Is it free? Yep!

My sale ad says the daytona deal is 3 per transaction. So, that means I can buy 30 boxes of pizza rolls and get the 6.00 off but not 50 at a time and get the deal? Right, you can get 30 for $30-$6-(any coupons) in one transaction. You COULD get 50 and they'd all still be $1 a box but you will still only get $6 off. So it would be best to split into 2 transactions, one of 30 and one of 20 so that you will get $10 off.
Do i have to buy 10 of the same items to get the 10 for 10 deal? Like, can I buy 5 boxes of pizza rolls and 5 cans of chili? You do not have to get 10 of the same item, you do not even have to get 10 of the 10 for 10 items (unless you're doing it for the daytona deal). But for instance you can get an item that is not on the 10 for 10 but is on the daytona promotion.

Do you make several trips or ask the cashier to divide up your orders so you can get the deal? I ask the cashier to do separate transactions. I lay it out on the belt for them with one of those dividers in between. They have never cared.

September 26th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Regular
One more dumb question but I'm going to ask anyway. If it expires on 9/29 then I can use it on the 29th right?

I am looking at some coupons for juicy juice on ebay (wish I'd have found these sooner) for 1.00 off and combined with the target coupon, these would be 50 cents if used by the 29th. Am I doing this right? lol
September 26th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The cashier can also give you a Kroger card. If your Kroger has a gas station you will want to get your own card. For every $100 you spend you get 10c off a gallon. That $100 is BEFORE coupons and promotions like the Daytona deal (it comes off in the end like a coupon would)

September 26th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Regular
ahhh thanks Sarah! I will just get my own card.

So, if the item is on 10 for 10 I can mix and match as much as I want. I was assuming all of the 10 for 10 items were part of the daytona deal... thanks for clarifying that! soooooooo confusing to a novice.

WoW on the gas! I don't think my Kroger sells gas though. Maybe I could save it all up and buy gas from a store that has a station.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search