I contacted TGIFridays

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2007, 01:13 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
So Friday we went to Fridays for dinner. It's been well over a year since we've been since the last time we went we got food poisoning. I was pregnant with Anastasia at the time and being pregnant and having food poisoning was the worst week of my life. I literally begged Chris to kill me. I couldn't keep anything down, I was throwing up blood because I had damaged my stomach so much from throwing up and there was nothing left to throw up. I ended up hooked up to an IV with nausea meds for a few hours and Chris and Anthony both got pumped with fluids as well. So needless to say I wasn't in a hurry to go back there to eat. But we decided to give it another shot. So we took Chris's friends there this past Friday. Well his friend ended up with Food poisoning too... we didn't this time (thank gosh!). So I was a bit tiffed. The past two times we've been there we've gotten food poisoning. I emailed corporate and let them know how upset I was. There service there is excellent and I've never had an issue with that, but I don't enjoy feeling like I"m going to die when I eat out.

I emailed them Saturday. Today I got a phone call. The manager is looking into it, she wanted to let me know they take this very serious...blah blah blah. She was super nice and I answered her questions (what we ate, who was in our party, what time we went, ect... I could even tell her what we ate LAST time... food poisoning sticks with you.) She said that she wanted to reimburse us and send us some gift certificates. I told her thank you, but I wasn't sure I wanted to eat there again, you know? She said she'd mail them anyway, but she understands if it's a while before we want to eat there.

It was a very nice call and all, but I feel a little bad that she is sending us gift certs. I know it's crazy, and we did end up sick and all... but I still feel odd.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
September 26th, 2007, 01:19 PM
gctattoo
I've eaten there a few times and didn't have a problem. Thankfully! I'm sorry you've had such bad luck with that place. But I'm with you-- I wouldn't give them another chance either. Sell the GC's. Consider it payback for all your misery.

There's a Chinese buffet here in town that has a bad rep for making people violently ill, including DH. Needless to say, we don't go there anymore.
September 26th, 2007, 01:23 PM
BoxerMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to BoxerMom
I am sorry this happened to you guys. I will say that I will never ever eat at Friday's again! I have gotten sick from their food as well as many other friends of ours. What is with that place?

I will also never ever eat at Carrabba's ever again. My one and only time there, Danny and I both ended up spending the night in the bathroom. Good thing we had 2 bathrooms - lol!!

September 26th, 2007, 01:26 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
The thing is, it's Chris's favorite restaurant. I love their food, I just don't love getting sick. And if they send us GC's then Chris is going to want to go back. I'm a bit scared though. We never used to have an issue there, but the past two times have no been good. Hopefully they do a good investigation and get back on track.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
September 26th, 2007, 01:55 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
We had the same issue with Denny's a couple years ago. Didn't matter which one we went to or what we ate, we ended up sick. Needless to say, we don't eat there anymore.

Stacey, wife to Allan & Mom to:
~Anastasia (14) C/S, 8lbs 7oz, 20.5"~
Noah (11) C/S, 8lbs 12oz, 19"~
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5" ~ Grayson (10/16/13) 2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

September 26th, 2007, 02:15 PM
groovie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I used to love eating there, but the past couple of times I went I got sick too. After I got sick the first time, it took a long time (like 2 years) for me to give it another shot. I got sick again, and I never want to go there again. I don't know what's going on with them.
September 26th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
After reading this thread I think I'll be avoiding TGIFridays as well. We don't go that often as it is.
September 26th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Nedene's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sell the gift certificates on ebay and make some money off of them...

well at least they were trying to make it wright..

September 26th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Sell the gift certificates on ebay and make some money off of them...

well at least they were trying to make it wright..[/b]
Ditto!
September 27th, 2007, 09:52 AM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd sell the gift cards. If you want to appease Dh, tell him you will use the money to go out to eat somewhere else!

September 27th, 2007, 10:08 AM
asianmama
sell the gc befor ur husband finds out u have them,.. lol -- put the money u get from the sale towards chirstmas presents or in ur emergency fund account
September 27th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
or stockpile with it...think of how much food you can get with the $ from one meal out!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search