Sarah!

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2007, 05:56 PM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just saw your new blinkies and I'm getting so excited for you!!! Have you all started the process yet? (You may have said somewhere...I'm behind on posts!)
And I saw that if it's a boy, you'll name him Luke! I love that name! I must be a trend setter...first me, then Kim, now you!
September 26th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
No, we have not started yet. We have less than 2 weeks!

September 26th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yep, like April said it will be no time now!

I think everyone in DH's family is probably going to assume we got the name Luke from Star Wars! I've just always loved the name. Now as to why it was one of the few he agreed on....hehe, ok that part WAS probably from Star Wars.

We're still tossing middle name possibilities aroud. We were going to do Luke Edward (DH's middle name) or Lily Elizabeth (my middle name is Beth) but I don't know if I'm final on the middle names yet though.
September 26th, 2007, 09:25 PM
You could tell everyone that you got it from you Frugal Mommies friend. I'm sure they would find that much more normal.

If Luke had been a girl, I liked Elisabeth for a middle name (my mom's first name is Lisa), but we were never sure on a girl's name, so it's a good thing Luke was a boy!
September 26th, 2007, 10:41 PM
CBMS
Quote:
I just saw your new blinkies and I'm getting so excited for you!!! Have you all started the process yet? (You may have said somewhere...I'm behind on posts!)
And I saw that if it's a boy, you'll name him Luke! I love that name! I must be a trend setter...first me, then Kim, now you! [/b]

I was set on the name Anderson Luke when I was preggers for Maddie and she still had a penis. That was in 05. I had it first, Ashley.
September 27th, 2007, 12:38 AM
No no. I am super anal and as soon as I found out Dane was a boy, I had to pick out another boy's name to use for my next child, so I've had it picked out since Sept 2002. I have you beat.
September 27th, 2007, 07:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I would have had you beat on the name Madeline, I'd had it picked out since I was 5 ('86), because it was a combo of my two grandmother's names (May and Adeline (although people called her Annie)). DH veto'd it though. Stupid Men. He turned down most names. The only ones I got through his "no, no. no" chant were Benjamin, Alexander or Luke if it was a boy and Isabel, Rachel or Lily if it was a girl. We finally settled on Luke or Lily for the first baby.
September 27th, 2007, 07:33 AM
gctattoo
Until the u/s, we were sure that Alisha was a boy. She spent several months in the womb being called Devin Matthew. OOPS!

If I ever had another girl, her name would be Cassandra Annabella. No set name for a boy though-- Devin has fallen out of favor and I would will myself to have a girl anyway.
September 27th, 2007, 10:41 AM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's great that you've already got your names picked out!
We have a list of possibilities but nothing really set yet.
I think we would probably end up using Julia for a girl though.

I love the name Lily, plus it's a family name but Dh doesn't like it.
I like the name Luke too, but don't think it sounds good with our last name.

September 27th, 2007, 12:59 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
DH veto'd it though. Stupid Men. He turned down most names. The only ones I got through his "no, no. no" chant were Benjamin, Alexander or Luke if it was a boy...[/b]
No. Way. !! I have a Benjamin (Obi-Wan Kenobi anyone?) and an Alexander. I tried for Luke instead of Alexander (because of the Star Wars tie to Ben), but DH said no. That was a little TOO Star Wars for him (even though that's where we came up with Ben's name when DH was being a stubborn butt). So instead Alex is named after the Seahawks player Shaun Alexander. 'cause that's soooo much less dorky of a tie than to Star Wars(which we both love, just the rational from DH made me laugh).

So anyway, great taste in names!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
September 27th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
DH veto'd it though. Stupid Men. He turned down most names. The only ones I got through his "no, no. no" chant were Benjamin, Alexander or Luke if it was a boy...[/b]
No. Way. !! I have a Benjamin (Obi-Wan Kenobi anyone?) and an Alexander. I tried for Luke instead of Alexander (because of the Star Wars tie to Ben), but DH said no. That was a little TOO Star Wars for him (even though that's where we came up with Ben's name when DH was being a stubborn butt). So instead Alex is named after the Seahawks player Shaun Alexander. 'cause that's soooo much less dorky of a tie than to Star Wars(which we both love, just the rational from DH made me laugh).

So anyway, great taste in names!
[/b]
So THAT's why he agreed to Benjamin. That sneaky little.... . He's lucky I love the name.

Guess, what one of our cat's names is? Leia. He tried to get me to name the girl dog Princess (get it? Princess Leia.) but I went with Lacey instead.
September 27th, 2007, 01:44 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh what we do for our husbands!

If it makes you feel better, my brother and SIL have a Welsh Corgi named Adaliad (sp?). They bought the dog with their tax refund, and being in a silly mood, he suggested they name the dog Refund. My SIL didn't want to stand on the porch calling "Refund! Come here, Refund! Where are you, Refund?"...but she did humor him. She looked up the Welsh word for "refund" and, thus, the dog is named Adaliad.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
September 27th, 2007, 01:45 PM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
Thats so exciting!! And I love the names you have picked out

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

September 27th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We had Alexander picked out for the middle name of 1 set, but we went with the other name.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search