Dear Stupid Doctors ...

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2007, 06:24 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK

Dear Stupid Doctor People ...

Thank you so kindly for making us wait an hour today before seeing us for DH's re-evaluation. You already make me drive him there FIVE TIMES a week, tell me it's only going to take an hour, and then regularly run a full hour over the scheduled end. Why not wait another hour? I didn't have anything else to do, thanks. Also, thanks for your attention to detail ... not knowing what diagnostics had already been done (even if you ordered them), never having looked at the actual films from those diagnostics (just the radiologist's report), and for repeating yourself about a million times. I'm glad your very expensive post graduate education taught you that you really know nothing about anything, as evidenced by your contradicting yourself twelve times, claiming to be *the* expert in your field, and then telling me point blank that even though my DH isn't progressing in therapy, is still in serious pain, etc that there cannot possibly be anything wrong with him. Yes, he regularly decides to be a homebound cripple for fun. Are you kidding? He's chomping at the bit to get better, and apparently you're the one in the way of that. And, you make a LOT of money ... spend some of it on a tailor ... your sagging pants are not pleasant to look at.

Also, crazy babysitter lady ... sent by the insurance company to make sure my DH does what they tell him ... you're an annoying hooker. Your rambling about the plague of the insurance world does not help your credibility as they sign your paycheck. Your insistence that my DH is 'doing his best in therapy', yet 'needs to return to work ASAP' even though he is 'obviously still in constant pain' is craziness. (Yes, those quotes are yours) I'm really excited that someone will your obvious intellectual prowess decides whether or not we continue to get a paycheck when it's the company that employs you that caused this craziness in the first freakin' place. Oh how I enjoy that irony. Thanks for tossing my entire existence around like a play toy, like it's meaningless, like everyone can make it without the measly 80% paycheck you send every week. Thanks a lot. Hooker.

Love always, Mandi

I am still SOOOOO angry. After this appointment, DH had to go back in for another 30 minutes of therapy. I went out to the car and alternated crying with trying to figure out if firebombing was a practical solution. I know it's totally OT ... I just needed to vent.
September 26th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ugh, Mandi that sucks. It really really does. Is he on LTD? As long as the doctor is saying he needs to be off work, they won't be able to cut off his paycheck (well his % of his paycheck), will they? Or maybe they will and I'm just too naive about LTD coverage.
September 26th, 2007, 10:03 PM
He is not on LTD, it's straight workman's comp. Yes, they can stop paying whenever they want. It won't necessarily last ... the them not paying, as we could fight it, but we'd be screwed in the interim.
September 27th, 2007, 04:24 AM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Workman's Comp is horrible. I used to work in Neurosurgery and orthopedic offices. We hated nurse case managers. There were a few that were ok but the majority were annoying, stupid and pushy. We had patients that refused to talk to them. The NCM wasn't even allowed to acknowledge their presence. They could however talk to the doctor after the appointment. And the doctors normally don't like them anymore than the office staff.

What kind of injury did your husband have? If you don't mind me asking.

September 27th, 2007, 06:38 AM
BoxerMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to BoxerMom

I am sorry that you guys have to go through this!

September 27th, 2007, 08:15 AM
He crashed his knee into the center console of the truck on impact. He was on the side of impact, so initially there were also come issues with his hip and back on that same side as well. If you'd like more info than that, PM me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search