Ohh my first ever vent letter!!!

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Nedene's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is an e-mail i just sent my DH... I hate banks... Anyone know of any people friendly banks??

Dear key bank,

Why now is it a problem that my husbands name is not on the account?? Why now can you not cash a check that his name's on and not his signature? About a year ago i got pissed at you when i asked for a 3,000 loan and you said No, And at the time i HAD 5,000 in the account... With your messed up business hours, and UN-FRIENDLY tellers, why i gave you another chance i have no idea.. Now Today i rush to the bank to cash a check, Because i NEED the money, I don't cash checks for fun!!! And you inform me that you can't cash this check at this bank now.. Although you have cashed this SAME check for the past 4 months... And NOW all of a sudden it's a problem...

Now onto you WONDERFUL customer service reps, Tell the "NICE" lady why was working drive through that if i was hiding money from my husband i wouldn't be using a BANK... Haven't you noticed that he signs the debit receipts?? Although his name's not on the account.. And you allow those transactions to be paid... He's taken in the money to the bank and YOU have authorized the deposit... Welcome to OHIO it's a 50/50 state so matter what i do with the money he gets half of it... Dumb Hooker!!

And to you MRS. BIG BAD OFFICE LADY at the bank.. I don't care what your boss said about not allowing me to deposit the money into the account... You've done it before ... So while we are talking about this... Would you please pull up the past transactions on this account in regards to this check and please write up the tellers who processed the checks before, who should have stopped the deposit and made this issue known months ago...

So KEY BANK, I will no longer be banking with you.. For sh*ts and giggles i will be leaving my account open but with a whopping $5.00 in and thats it!!!

I have just gotten off the phone with National City and they have no problem cashing a check made to my husband and myself and they will gladly get me a new checking account... And the kicker is... He won't have to be on the account.. Until it's convent for him to stop in and put his name on the account, when he da*n well pleases!!!!

Oh and KEY, My family WAS using your bank, My mother has had an account for over 20yrs back before you changed your name (300 times), and my sister too has an account with you... So I hope you realize that Upsetting one customer will ultimately upset more.. And mostly it's your branches here in OHIO that STINK.. The one i started going to in MICHIGAN was wonderful, and if i lived close to that i would bank there.. But i would have to say the state of OHIO and the customer service reps you have working here are not going any good for your company...

Thanks,
Will be banking with your competitor.
Nedene

September 27th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok, first I find it highly entertaining as a rant and I COMPLETELY understand the sentiment because it does sound like they are just making up rules as they go along. I will say though that if you are actually going to send it and you want them to take it seriously you might want to revise it just a little. They would take it more seriously if it was expressed in a bit more calm (although still express your irritation) manner. You want them to think that you are a completely rational person who can be reasoned with and that it was THEIR employees who were the unreasonable ones.
September 27th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Yeah the letter/e-mail they will be receiving will be more professional, and less straight forward and blunt.. I wrote it this way so my husband (who's on a business trip) will get a small glimpse into my frustration from today..

I'm glad it was entertaining.. I'm over it now.. But OHHHH they pushed my buttons!!!

September 27th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I bet!! It's the worst when they change the rules on you from one trip to another.
September 27th, 2007, 01:35 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
From someone who worked as a bank teller for 3 years I can tell you that legally you cannot deposit a check with your DH's name on it into an account without his name unless he has signed the check over to you. If the check has both of your names on it it must be deposited into a joint account or cashed with both of you present.

I say just consider yourself lucky for getting away with it for so long. They were breaking the law by allowing you to do such a transaction.
'

September 27th, 2007, 01:55 PM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
Oh I hate dealing with banks sometime.... I've been tempted to write a simular letter before!

Hopefully your new bank is better

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

September 27th, 2007, 03:13 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I had that issue once. A friend made out a check to both Chris and I for a whopping 20$. I went to put in a joint checking account and they wouldn't let me because he had to sign the check too, or be present. Which was difficult since he was in the desert at the time. They let it slide when I offered to bring in my POA.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
September 27th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Quote:
From someone who worked as a bank teller for 3 years I can tell you that legally you cannot deposit a check with your DH's name on it into an account without his name unless he has signed the check over to you. If the check has both of your names on it it must be deposited into a joint account or cashed with both of you present.

I say just consider yourself lucky for getting away with it for so long. They were breaking the law by allowing you to do such a transaction.
'[/b]

See that makes since ... But to let it be okay for the past months and NOW it's a problem it what pi**es me off.... If I would have known this months ago i would have put his name on the account or had the checks made out to only me...

September 27th, 2007, 06:31 PM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
Quote:
Quote:

'[/b]

See that makes since ... But to let it be okay for the past months and NOW it's a problem it what pi**es me off.... If I would have known this months ago i would have put his name on the account or had the checks made out to only me...
[/b]

I just sign my DH check and direct deposit it... all of the time... no problems. He just doesn't get around to anything that doesn't involve World of Warcraft... well... more or less.

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com
September 27th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

'[/b]

[/b]

I just sign my DH check and direct deposit it... all of the time... no problems. He just doesn't get around to anything that doesn't involve World of Warcraft... well... more or less.
[/b]
I do this too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search