Friday Frustrations

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2007, 09:51 AM
gctattoo
Grrrrrrr.....can we please make it a law that no one is allowed to call a woman who's a SAHM to a toddler?! There has got to be an alarm that sounds throughout the world when Alisha is finally taking a nap. And anyone who hears that alarm MUST call me and wake her up. Usually it's my mom. This time it was DH. Well, that ten minutes I just had in the shower was my break for the day. It would've been nice if I could've at least gotten dressed before someone woke her up. Grrrr.....

What's your beef for the day?
September 28th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
My beef of the day is that DH still has NOT wished me a happy birthday I got up at 6am and walked him outside like I always do...nothing. He called 2-3 times while at work...nothing. He has been home for almost an hour...still nothing. Is it too much to ask that he just say "Happy Birthday Baby!"

He hasn't forgotten because yesterday was Alex's birthday and tomorrow is his brothers birthday. AND he knew about last week, even asked what I wanted.
September 28th, 2007, 10:41 AM
WisconsinGirl's Avatar Veteran
oh, Teri, sorry about your ruined naptime. I HATE not getting a good break during the day.

My frustration is that my little guy's break new, super-expensive Kettler trike's steering lock mechanism stopped working on our very long walk home from the neighborhood coffee shop. I had to steer the whole way home with the front wheel up in the air! It was a pretty good arm workout though!

But I have to say, I'm extremely resourceful and I already fixed it! And Kettler's sending a replacement part for back-up. For that much money for a trike, they should have sent a person over to fix it themselves!

© Southpark Holly, 2007
September 28th, 2007, 10:46 AM
asianmama
craigslist is annoying me.... why even email a person tell them u are gonna buy a lot of items and then the next day cancel???????? what the freak is wrong with people?!?!?-- there goes 50 dollars i was hoping for!!!

GINA --HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
September 28th, 2007, 11:10 AM
asianmama
geeze another fricking cancelation! i am hating people!!! agh read the description befor u u contact me my gosh how hard is it! there is photos posted for a reason omg are u blind!!! ahhh i hate people, i am done... sorry for ranting and raving like a lunatic!
September 28th, 2007, 01:57 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Baby still hasn't kicked his bronchiolitis, so we had to go back to the doc today. Last night he choked on what he coughed up and I had to do baby Heimlich on him. NEVER. want. to. do. that. ever. again.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
September 28th, 2007, 02:07 PM
lillermom99's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you insist on cutting me off and as you turn onto the main road here in town at least have the common courtesy to quickly speed up to the pace of the drivers currently on the road. I am sure you are ensuring the safety of all towns people by driving at a snails pace but check the speed limit sign its 45 not 25!

That is all.

September 28th, 2007, 02:15 PM
gctattoo
Quote:
Baby still hasn't kicked his bronchiolitis, so we had to go back to the doc today. Last night he choked on what he coughed up and I had to do baby Heimlich on him. NEVER. want. to. do. that. ever. again.[/b]
OMG! I'm so sorry that you went through that last night. Alisha scares me to death when she chokes on her food.

I hope he's okay and that it clears up soon.
September 28th, 2007, 02:21 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
Baby still hasn't kicked his bronchiolitis, so we had to go back to the doc today. Last night he choked on what he coughed up and I had to do baby Heimlich on him. NEVER. want. to. do. that. ever. again.[/b]
OMG! I'm so sorry that you went through that last night. Alisha scares me to death when she chokes on her food.

I hope he's okay and that it clears up soon.

[/b]
Thanks, Teri! He was in my lap and it still scared me half to death. If he'd been on his back in his crib (where he *should* have been at the time) and I hadn't heard him... So, hoping the Robitussin doc said to give him will do the trick.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
September 28th, 2007, 02:33 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Teri, my vent is the same as yours. I babysit during the day. I have my son (almost 4 months), a 16 month old, and a 3 year old. Today by some miracle they were all napping at the same time when only 2 minutes into my bliss the phone rang. Then someone came to the door and rang the doorbell 8 times in the 20 seconds it took me to get to the door!!!

Of course it was one of those people handing out religious flyers. She woke up all 3 kids. I told her in a not so polite tone...Lady your gonna need religion if you ever ring my doorbell like that and wake up this house full of kids. I know it was mean but I was mad!

September 28th, 2007, 04:25 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would just like to say I am tired of...being tired. I wake up and a few hours later I am wanting to crawl back into bed.

September 28th, 2007, 05:29 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I don't want to sound whiny or anything... but I'm frustrated with my body. I'm so very happy for all my friends who are pregnant and all the strangers I see pregnant, I really truly am. I'm just down that I'm not, and even though I try hard not be I can't help it. Thats my frustration. I'll shut up about it now.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
September 28th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh hun, I understand that frustration all to well. It's going to happen for you soon!
September 28th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
you know after I posted that I felt like crap Sarah, I can only imagine how hard the whole pregnancy thing is for you. There's always someone who has it worse, and I feel like crap for posting that now. I'm so terribly sorry.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

September 28th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
NOOO, you have every right to feel just the way you do!!! It should just be easy for everyone that wants a baby to have one. And even though I sometimes hate my body because it doesn't seem like it does anything it's suppose to, I honestly don't feel sorry for myself anymore because I have this wonderful opportunity to be a mom. And you know? Sometimes I feel quilty because I know there are people out there who have no chance because they don't have people like April and they can't afford to pursue treatments. Sure, there's always someone who seems to be someone who has it worse but that doesn't make what you're feeling or what I feel any less valid.

Edited to say: I know when the time comes that I'm looking at my baby on the u/s monitor and then holding him/her in my arms I will actually be GLAD that I had troubles because if I hadn't I never would have gotten that exact little baby and I know that he/she is the one I'm meant to have. The same is going to happen for you to hun. When it's the month that just the right egg and sperm meet up to create exactly the baby you are supposed to be a Mama too, it will happen!!
September 28th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Quote:
I don't want to sound whiny or anything... but I'm frustrated with my body. I'm so very happy for all my friends who are pregnant and all the strangers I see pregnant, I really truly am. I'm just down that I'm not, and even though I try hard not be I can't help it. Thats my frustration. I'll shut up about it now.[/b]

I don't blame you. I think any woman who wants to be pregnant and has trouble getting there is going to feel frustrated about it. And that is what this thread is for...for you to vent about your frustrations!

I'm down in the dumps about my situation too.

September 28th, 2007, 07:33 PM
*hugs* shannon, I know you are sweetie. Want to come over and help me eat a carrot cake? It has cream cheese frosting! We can eat cake, and watch girlie movies

Sarah- you are a doll, you really are. And I completely agree with what you said. I know that we will have the child we are meant to have when we are meant to have it. And I know as soon as I get pregnant that all the months I tried will mean nothing. Most days I'm okay with it but every now and then I feel like throwing myself a pity party. I'm super excited about reading all about yours and Aprils journey together. I'm really glad that you were blessed with such an amazing SIL as April. Chris and I aren't close with any of our family, so I'm very envious of those who are.

September 28th, 2007, 11:25 PM
How did you know I like the cream cheese frosting? Carrot cake sounds yummy. I made a sour cream coffee cake last weekend and there is maybe a piece or two left.

September 29th, 2007, 08:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Cream cheese icing is amazing! That's the kind I always pick out! Every once in awhile DH will bring home a tub of another kind just so he can have some variety.
September 29th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Lol, Carrot Cake has to have cream cheese frosting...no other kind tastes as good on it! Want to join us Sarah?

What is a sour cream coffee cake? mmmm I feel the need to eat carbs.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search