I sure bought lots during my buy "nothing" month

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
But I got some good deals

Meijers
6 12-packs of pop tarts
2 cereal straws
2 gallons of milk
2 pledge starter kits
8 boxes of BC potatoes

Total OOP $14.96
Saved: $35.30 (70%)

Target
12 packs of pepsi
OOP: $35.96
not sure on the savings
$10 in GC (did not get the chance to use one on the next order)

CVS
10 bags of candy
4 bottles of children's Tylenol

Total OOP: $2.54
Saved: $56.66 + $10 in ECB!

TOTAL OOP: $52.80
Saved: $91.96 + some on the Pepsi
Only $72.20 left to spend in October Can I do it?

I now have $10 in Target GC and $10 in CB to fuel my addiction.

September 30th, 2007, 08:13 PM
CBMS
I've been hyping myself up to be good.

I didn't even do the last couple deals I thought I couldn't say no to. That wasn't even October, so I'm proud of myself. I didn't get the cheapie carpet flick thing. I have a freaking dyson. What the hell do I need that carpet flick thing for?! And I didn't do the small & mighty deal--that took some serious willpower! I so badly wanted to grab a couple more... but I'm hoping it goes on a good deal again before the coupons expire. I hate to let good coupies die.

Good savings, though!! Now remember--you don't need to stockpile! You have enough stockpile. Just buy the necessities!!!

September 30th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
But it's so hard

September 30th, 2007, 08:19 PM
gctattoo
April, we'll let you slide because it's not October for another 45 minutes.

Kim, good girl! Yes, my dear, you did not need that carpet flick. But I didn't say anything. They're cool and they look like fun. We all want one. But I hear they don't work that great and we all own vacuums. Stay strong!
September 30th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We're off to kind of a shaky start, huh? Yeah, I've already spent $48 of my $150 October budget (with 74% savings, though!). We'll have to keep each other strong through the rest of the month.
September 30th, 2007, 08:42 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you have the $5 Tylenol rebate? If not, I can dig it up for ya.

September 30th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I did not even know there was one

September 30th, 2007, 08:55 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
http://www.valuesforhealth.com/page.jhtml?...include/1_4.inc

Buy 3 participating products (Children's Tylenol is included!), get $5 back!

It's a printable.

September 30th, 2007, 08:58 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a Carpet Flick. They were on closeout at HEB awhile back. They do okay for picking up big chunks of stuff. I got it just to use on the stairs because they are such a pain to vacuum.
I wouldn't use it for everyday areas though.

October 1st, 2007, 03:25 AM
CBMS
Quote:
I have a Carpet Flick. They were on closeout at HEB awhile back. They do okay for picking up big chunks of stuff. I got it just to use on the stairs because they are such a pain to vacuum.
I wouldn't use it for everyday areas though.[/b]

I thought I had to have it just because I could pick it up for .99. However, I don't have stairs. I have only one room with carpet and another three rooms with large rugs, and I have a freaking dyson. I have the best vacuum I could have aside from a Kirby (my dream vacuum, btw), so I have no excuses... I don't need something else to buy refills for... no matter how neat-o they look.
October 1st, 2007, 04:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I sooo want a dyson. And I want the animal that is supposed to be really good at dealing with pet hair, etc. They are on "sale" this week at target for $499, sigh. Thing is if I asked my husband he'd totally go get it. He's all into gadgets. I don't really want to lay that out for a vacuum though. Maybe when we move into a nice, newer house.
October 1st, 2007, 06:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
you all should really look into a simplicity vacuum. They are much better than both the dyson and the kirby

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
October 1st, 2007, 06:43 AM
CBMS
Quote:
I sooo want a dyson. And I want the animal that is supposed to be really good at dealing with pet hair, etc. They are on "sale" this week at target for $499, sigh. Thing is if I asked my husband he'd totally go get it. He's all into gadgets. I don't really want to lay that out for a vacuum though. Maybe when we move into a nice, newer house.[/b]

First of all, Liz--there is NOTHING better than a Kirby. I am a previous Kirby owner, but I lost custody in the big D. boooooo for him taking my kick booty vacuum.

Second, Sarah... the Animal is merely the DC07 with special attachments with it (a mini turbine head and carpet care pack). I have the Animal.

However, for less money, you can get the DC07 at WalMart this week for 387.00 and get a 100.00 GC for it. Bringing the price down to 287.00. That's a whopper of a deal! I did get mine at Target when it was the same deal as this week--499.00 and get a 50.00 GC. I love it, but I rarely use that mini turbine head, so I wish I'd gotten a 287 deal for the same vacuum!!
October 1st, 2007, 06:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hmmm, I think DH would totally go for it. I've heard great things about them. We have a $40 Bissell right now that is suprisingly really good. But $287 for a dyson is pretty awesome!

My Mom got a rainbow (? I think that's what it is called) not to long ago and she swears by it.
October 1st, 2007, 06:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have owned all of the above, I have also ran a vacuum store that sold them all, and have done repairs on them all as well

Kirby's are the biggest waste of money on the market today. I dont have a vaccuum at all right now cuz I'm all hard wood, but I would never buy anything but a simplicity

My Blog
October 1st, 2007, 07:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Liz - I don't think I've ever heard of the simplicity brand. About how much do they cost?
October 1st, 2007, 07:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
they start at around 250 and go up from there. you can get a great one, better than all the others, for around 350

they are the same company as the simplicity sewing machines. I have worked directly with the company before and they have great customer service.

http://www.simplicityvac.com/

Trust me you will never go back

My Blog
October 1st, 2007, 07:23 AM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
We have a Kirby. I did not choose it. I promise I would never drop that kind of change on a freakin' vacuum. We only have one room with carpet in it, and when he bought it we didn't have ANY. NO kidding. He vacuums the hardwood, and windowsills, and cobwebs, and blah blah blah blah. I hate the stupid vacuum. Crap, now I'm angry.
October 1st, 2007, 07:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have vacuum envy. Our whole house is carpeted (well except the kitchen and bathrooms) and we have 2 dogs and 3 cats. I NEED a good vacuum. Our little $40 Bissell is ok but I just really want to deep clean the carpets. I'd love to have a shampooer too. I am paranoid about how dirty the pets make the carpet even if I can't see it. And since we'll hopefully have a little one crawling around soon I want a REALLY good vacuum.
October 1st, 2007, 07:33 AM
gctattoo
Quote:
Hmmm, I think DH would totally go for it. I've heard great things about them. We have a $40 Bissell right now that is suprisingly really good. But $287 for a dyson is pretty awesome!

My Mom got a rainbow (? I think that's what it is called) not to long ago and she swears by it.[/b]
The Rainbow!!!

Yep, we had one of those when I was growing up. My ex-brother-in-law was selling them briefly and my mom got suckered in. It wasn't really that bad except it was so big and gangly. And you had to fill up the stupid water tank. DH used to have one too. His ex-wife sold them for a hot minute. The Rainbow lives.....

I'm not into expensive vacuums that can suck the dirt out from underneath the house through the carpet. We go for the cheapie Bissells.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search