It's OCTOBER!!

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2007, 03:14 AM
CBMS
Who else feels like it's going to be Christmas way too fast?!

It sure didn't go this fast when I was a kid!

Today officially kicks off the October challenge (though for some it already started because of their paydates ). For several of us, it's a necessities-only month. Stay focused. You don't want to shop. You don't want to shop. You don't want to shop.

Let's have a fab month, ladies.
October 1st, 2007, 04:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Keep telling me that! The only thing I have left to get this week are a few 99c Turkey chubs. I'm going to try and be really good this month!
October 1st, 2007, 06:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
YAY for Chubs

sorry I couldnt resist.

and I will be a shopping fool this month

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
October 1st, 2007, 07:00 AM
CBMS
Quote:
YAY for Chubs

sorry I couldnt resist.

and I will be a shopping fool this month[/b]

LOL, Liz. You love chubs, and you know it.

Shop and brag, girl. Shop and brag. It will allow us necessities-only gals to live through you this month.
October 1st, 2007, 07:03 AM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I'm right with you Liz. I'm pretty sure I figured out a way to get 4 boxes of cereal and a gallon of milk for $4. If that's the case, watch out ... lol.
October 1st, 2007, 08:06 AM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
I will shop very carefully this month, but I doubt I will be able to post totals or anything. Things are just too crazy over here.

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com
October 1st, 2007, 08:10 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
Good luck ya'll!
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
October 1st, 2007, 08:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Aww, Beth said y'all!! Hehe, that is totally a sign you should come live by me, you'd fit right in!
October 1st, 2007, 09:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy

I'm glad Mandi is with me on my feelings on chubs

My Blog
October 1st, 2007, 10:07 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
Lol, sarah! People tease me for saying ya'll...including my own family. I swear its just because I'm too lazy to say "you all".

Liz- have fun with your chubs!
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
October 1st, 2007, 10:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy

My Blog
October 1st, 2007, 10:48 AM
CBMS
Quote:
Lol, sarah! People tease me for saying ya'll...including my own family. I swear its just because I'm too lazy to say "you all".

Liz- have fun with your chubs![/b]

OH, you know that's right... she'll have fun.

I need to go get myself some 99c chubs, too... that's definitely on the necessities list this month. I only have one or two left, and I can't live the whole month with only one or two!
October 1st, 2007, 11:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I stocked up at kroger 2 weeks ago, I think I have like 8 lbs of it now

My Blog
October 1st, 2007, 12:01 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I forgot to look for chubs on Saturday.

I've already been a shopping fool and DH swiped the receipts so I don't have all the info to post.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
October 1st, 2007, 02:19 PM
CBMS
Quote:
I stocked up at kroger 2 weeks ago, I think I have like 8 lbs of it now[/b]

8 lbs. wouldn't do me a whole month, either. That's all I use for tacos, spaghetti, soups, etc... I don't know if I could survive the month without at least 12 lbs. At least....

October 1st, 2007, 08:39 PM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH already sent me to the store to buy salad today since I didn't get to SAL on Friday to get it. And of course he wanted salad dressing that I couldn't get a SAL so I had to go to Walmart for that. I ended up spending like $32, but I bought him some powdered laundry deter (someone at work told him it's better than liquid, and if someone at his factory says it, you know it must be true!) and got 2 polish sausages at SAL for $1.49 a pack, 3 lbs of hamburger (in a chub, no less! ), buns, and a few other things for the salads. I really won't be going shopping again until mid-week next week though, and the only reason I will have to go then is because we'll be out of milk. Thankfully Walgreens and Kroger had nothing for me this week! Surely at this rate I'll be able to stick to my reduced budget. I just knocked mine down from $400 to $300...I didn't go all out like some of you all! I really won't be able to buy much though because my freezer and cabinets just can't hold it anyway!
October 2nd, 2007, 05:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I told B on sunday that I was done for a while.

I went to kroger yesterday

My Blog
October 2nd, 2007, 05:43 AM
lillermom99's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ashley I am the same way! No more room! It is like a forced buy less month!

Liz I said the exact same thing to my DH and came home with 5 things of oatmeal, 6 baked lays, and 3 tides! Oopps!
And on a side note we don't have any turkey chubs here in New England so I am jealous of your chubs!

October 2nd, 2007, 06:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
DH doesn't believe me when I say I'm not going to shop. If I'm 5 minutes late getting home (I call him when I get off work since I work an hour away from home I want him to know when to expect me in case something happens.) the first thing out of his mouth is "What did you buy?". Hehe, silly boy. On the days I go shopping after work I don't call you until I'm done and headed home.

I did do an unexpected deal yesterday at CVS. I had wanted to do the Advil C&S deal on Sunday but you can only buy 2 of those at a time so I wouldn't have been able to use my $4/$20. HCW had Robitussim $3 printables posted though so I got 2 of those and 2 of the Advil and it worked out the same at $1 OOP. Cold meds was about the only kind I hadn't bought so that was actually a good thing.

I'm now considering printing out the beano coupons and doing a beano to go/crest tootpaste deal.

2 Crest Pro-health Night tootpaste @ 3.29 each
5 Beano to Go @ 2.99 each
Total 21.53
Less $4/$20
Less $5 Beano coupons ($1x5)
Less $2 Crest coupons ($1x2)
Less $10ECB
OOP $0.53 plus tax
Earn back $21.53 in ECB.

Now I don't NEED beano or toothpaste but I could double ECBs for less than $1 OOP. Hmmm, thoughts?
October 2nd, 2007, 06:49 AM
gctattoo
Sarah, you're killing me here! You make me weigh my conviction that you should never buy things you don't need or won't use against doubling your EB's for $1 OOP?! You are pure evil, woman! And with that, I think you know what my answer would be.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search