CVS summer spending EB's

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2007, 06:07 AM
gctattoo
You can now view online the amount of EB's you've earned since they start printing today. I earned $5! Woot for free money!
October 1st, 2007, 06:47 AM
CBMS
I'm angry about mine.

I did the "triple points" so I should have earned 6%, yes?? I spent 115, but only have 2.00 EB's.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo for that stupid promotion...
October 1st, 2007, 07:01 AM
gctattoo
Sorry. Someone on HCW didn't get their triple bucks either. *shrug* I don't really pay attention to the promotions so I didn't even know there were supposed to be triple bucks.
October 1st, 2007, 07:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I only earned $1, how in the world did I only earn $1? Is it based strictly on OOP? I thought it was supposed to be the before coupon (but after ECB) total?
October 1st, 2007, 07:11 AM
CBMS
Quote:
Sorry. Someone on HCW didn't get their triple bucks either. *shrug* I don't really pay attention to the promotions so I didn't even know there were supposed to be triple bucks. [/b]

It was an email that was printed out and they used a coupon code to enter it. It should have turned my 2.00 into 6.00. I called them, and they said there is a problem on the net, and that it may be fine, but she doesn't have the total EB in front of her. She said that if I go to the store and the correct amount does NOT print, that I can call and have them do an adjustment [somehow]. I don't know why she can't do that NOW as opposed to later, though... ugh!
October 1st, 2007, 07:21 AM
gctattoo
Quote:
I only earned $1, how in the world did I only earn $1? Is it based strictly on OOP? I thought it was supposed to be the before coupon (but after ECB) total?[/b]
There are differing ideas about whether it's pre-coupon/EB totals or post. HCW claims it's post but I know that it HAS to be pre. My total was $254. I spent nowhere near that. It was my pre-savings total. I would always check the receipt and it would add up the pre-savings total everytime. But here is the "formula" that HCW claims that CVS uses to determine your EB's amount:

0-24.99 dollars during the quarter -- you get NOTHING.
25-49.99 dollars ............................. you get $.50 in ECB.
50-74.99 dollars ............................. you get $1.00 in ECB.
75-99.99 dollars ............................. you get $1.50 in ECB.
And so on...

October 1st, 2007, 07:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Here's the weird thing. It says I spent $64 and change. Now I know that's not my OOP, my OOP was less than that. But it's not my pre- ECB or coupon total either as I used LOTS of coupons and ECBs. I really only started CVSing in August though, when did the summer timeframe end?
October 1st, 2007, 07:28 AM
gctattoo
Quote:
Here's the weird thing. It says I spent $64 and change. Now I know that's not my OOP, my OOP was less than that. But it's not my pre- ECB or coupon total either as I used LOTS of coupons and ECBs. I really only started CVSing in August though, when did the summer timeframe end?[/b]

Sept. 16th
October 1st, 2007, 07:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so confused then! I think mine MAY be my actual oop as I just remembered I did have to buy some Claritan and nasal spray in July that I didn't use any coupons or ECB for but it still seems high for that. It's definately not my pre-coupon amt though.
October 1st, 2007, 07:38 AM
gctattoo
You can try callling customer service and see what they say. The number's on the back of the card.
October 1st, 2007, 07:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Eh, it's no big deal. I'll take my $1 and be happy. I just noticed my fall spending current total is about $11 so it has to be my actual OOP post coupons and ECB.
October 1st, 2007, 10:27 AM
CBMS
Quote:
Quote:
I only earned $1, how in the world did I only earn $1? Is it based strictly on OOP? I thought it was supposed to be the before coupon (but after ECB) total?[/b]
There are differing ideas about whether it's pre-coupon/EB totals or post. HCW claims it's post but I know that it HAS to be pre. My total was $254. I spent nowhere near that. It was my pre-savings total. I would always check the receipt and it would add up the pre-savings total everytime. But here is the "formula" that HCW claims that CVS uses to determine your EB's amount:

And so on...
[/b]

I looked up my CVS transactions on my card (I *always* use my card for purchases), and it came to 115. It's the actual OOP total. Which kind of sucks because with all the manu coupons, if I got EB on that too, they'd have to REALLY pay me!
October 1st, 2007, 10:31 AM
gctattoo
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And so on...
[/b]

I looked up my CVS transactions on my card (I *always* use my card for purchases), and it came to 115. It's the actual OOP total. Which kind of sucks because with all the manu coupons, if I got EB on that too, they'd have to REALLY pay me!
[/b]
Well, that sucks. I've been a deludinoid all this time. ( haha-- great word, huh?). You know what this means, don't you? I've been spending waaaaaay too much money at CVS!
October 1st, 2007, 10:45 AM
CBMS
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sbr0819 @ Oct 1 2007, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotemain'>I only earned $1, how in the world did I only earn $1? Is it based strictly on OOP? I thought it was supposed to be the before coupon (but after ECB) total?[/b]

And so on...
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Well, that sucks. I've been a deludinoid all this time. ( haha-- great word, huh?). You know what this means, don't you? I've been spending waaaaaay too much money at CVS!
[/b][/quote]

ROFL.

Yes; you do spend lots of money there--isn't it your favorite?

I thought "holy CRAP!" when I saw the 115. That's way more than I normally spend there. But I always get in on the bonus EB's, so I still make out nicely. And all the kids' freebie prescriptions (they get OTC meds there, so the vitamins have to come from the pharmacy) get us 1.00 for every two. I need to get more vitamins, as a matter of fact...
October 1st, 2007, 11:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I use my card there for everything too, I just don't get prescriptions there because I have funky prescriptions due to my POF and I like my little small town pharmacy where the owner IS the pharmacist.
October 2nd, 2007, 07:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My point balance was 86.19 and I earned $1.50. I'm sure you spent more there than I did Sarah *shrug*. My fall point is 13.61 so far. Not to bad for some one that does not have a CVS in town. I did just mapquest it and there is a CVS in downtown Louisville that is less than 6 miles from my house. I just hate driving in Downtown.

October 2nd, 2007, 07:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Measly $2, but better than nothing!
October 3rd, 2007, 04:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I got $2.00
October 3rd, 2007, 05:39 AM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got $5. I have no idea how, but we do buy most of our milk there when it goes on sale. And I really just got into the rolling ECB's so I am sure that next quarter will be way less.

October 3rd, 2007, 05:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
My point balance was 86.19 and I earned $1.50. I'm sure you spent more there than I did Sarah *shrug*. My fall point is 13.61 so far. Not to bad for some one that does not have a CVS in town. I did just mapquest it and there is a CVS in downtown Louisville that is less than 6 miles from my house. I just hate driving in Downtown.[/b]
For actual OOP, mine actually seems right to me. I was just thinking it should be higher because I thought they included manufacturer coupons. I'm totally with you on driving downtown, I HATE it, and the parking is usually bad. Just let me know whenever you want to go and we can either meet at Carl & Pat's and go to the one in Salem or I can pick you up and we can go to one of the ones in Louisville that's a little farther down and out of downtown.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search