A newbies weekend journey of couponing

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2007, 06:58 AM
Regular
First let me say that I live in a small town. We only have a walmart and Dollar General and a Family dollar. Anyway, I have read all week and planned my couponing for when I go visit my parents. I ordered the pizza roll coupons online and was ready to tackle Kroger. I recently found out my Aunt is working nights at Kroger part time. YEAH! My and my sister hit Kroger at 11:00 Friday night. I never knew so many bought groceries so late at night but it was pretty busy. I was so happy that my Aunt was working! I asked her what the policy on coupons was. Do they double and she said I don't know, I just scan... hmmmm she's a checker and didn't have a clue about the coupons.... Since it was her, I figured I could hold on to my pride and see what happened. Boy was I wrong. Clutching my coupons I decided to go FULL trottle and use all 40 PR coupons. I loaded up my cart and quickly headed to the line. She scanned and scanned and my total was 40 something. I gave her my pizza roll coupons and a goldfish coupon and nervously waited. Meanwhile, the line started filling up and I am getting self conscious... My total isn't going down like it should. SO, I ask her if my Daytona deal came off...should be 6.00 (my sister had 10 PRs in her pile and I had 30) What's the Daytona deal? uhhhh it's in your ad. The customer service lady comes over and she is confused about the Daytona deal... Don't these people even LOOK at their ads? I had to explain to her that it should have come off my total. She informs me that they only double 8 coupons... Uh oh. i have all these pizza rolls and have blown through my coupons for nothing and now there are 3 people in line.... what to do? what to do? My sister is looking a little embarrassed and telling the people behind me so sorry and asking me - who are you? lol I plead my case but in the end told them I wanted my coupons BACK! haha and that I would put all 40 boxes back myself. I loaded up my boxes and headed to the pizza roll section to put them back.... my sister following literally crying from laughing so hard at me. I got to the case and realized they had kept my goldfish coupon....lol and my sis went back to get it. She said she told them please give her her goldfish coupon before she goes nuts...hehe... she said she head one guy in line going "pizza rolls aren't even that good!" That's NOT the point people! they were suppose to be FREE! So, I take 10 boxes up there and my total is 1.11 which is still decent. I alsohit the Kroger in Little Rock and went directly to the customer service lady. Asked her is they doubled coupons, yeah she said, do the have a limit? oh no, not a limit that she know... I told her about the other town and that I just wanted to make sure. She said, well let me call someone.... the lady she called said no limit but let me check for sure.... then said a limit of 6. The customer service people DIDN'T even know their own policies. At one Kroger the lady looked over my coupons and said, this said one per purchase....UGH so I had to give her the each box is a purchase... she pushed them through but acted like I was a theif and a cheapo for using them... sheesh

It ended up they only doubled 8. All stores I went too did that. I think it's tacky, tacky to say on your ad in big letters you double coupons but leave out that you only double 8. That is sneaky and for goodness sake, train your cashiers! It was irritating but my sister had a good laugh and stories to tell at the next family reunion. She said she had never seen me so passionate.... LMAO!

In the end i hit 3 Krogers and scored 40 pizza rolls. Not bad for around 5.00 but a lot of trouble.

Lesson learned- never take 40 of anything at ONE time to any store. So much for flying below the radar....

Next time I'll do better girls... lol

I did hit Target once more and scored 28 cans of tuna. Target so far has been awesome about coupons.
October 1st, 2007, 07:06 AM
gctattoo
That doesn't sound like much fun at all. Sorry about the trouble you had. I've encountered some cashiers who don't know anything about the store's coupon policies either. It's a shame when I had to tell them their policy.
October 1st, 2007, 08:27 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
Ugh! Well at least you stood your ground. Let everyone else pay full price!
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
October 1st, 2007, 03:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was worried about there being a limit when I did the deal. My Kroger does not limit the doubling *thank goodness*. It will get easier.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search