GERR Stupid HR lady

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2007, 03:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So, I finally got my insurance application, 30 LATE I might add. During the meeting she was going over the information with us. She was talking about the PPO plan and the High deductible HSA. It was very clear in the meeting that she hated the HSA. I for one like it. I used to sell insurance and I still hold a Health and Life license, I do know one or two thing when it comes to insurance. The HSA looked like the best option for us because we rarely ever go to the doctor. What we need insurance for is if something happen...like I have a baby.

I go into her office to hand in my forms. First I asked about the life insurance application. There was not a spot to put a contingent beneficiary but there was a note on there about a more detailed form. She kind of rolled her eyes and stayed to just put everyone on the form and put what percent goes to each one. I told her that I didn't want to split it up...the contingent beneficiary only gets it if the beneficiary passes away before or at the same time as the insured. She is still looking at me like I was stupid. I then pointed out the note on the application about the other form. She says that she does not have another form and to just write it on the application and make a note of it. Whatever.

On to the health insurance. She was looking at me like she could not believe I was choosing this plan. She said, you do realize that you will have to pay the full $3,000 deductible before the end of the year (Yeah, that is only if all 3 off us max out the individual $1,500 deductible in the next 3 months). Yes, I say, but the co-insurance on the HSA plan is 100% and the PPO is 90%. If something that major was to happen to all of us that 10% difference will more than likely be more than $3,000. Then she tries to tell me that I can not have this plan because Derrick already has it. It is all about the taxes

Well, she will not let me have the plan until I meet with there insurance broker to make sure I understand my options. She will try to schedule it next week . I needed insurance last month, not next week.

I was complaining to one of my co-workers. She is one of the few people who knows about the surrogacy. She got this worried look on her face and asked if I knew that there was a 30 day waiting period once you find out that you are pregnant until you can get the temporary disability. The date that you become elegible for the disability is the date you insurance becomes active.

October 1st, 2007, 04:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Grrr, Darren said that lady was way too pushy and annoying, it's your options I don't understand why she thinks she has a right to tell you what you can do.

I'm confused about the waiting period thing. Won't your insurance be active as soon as you get it? And I thought the waiting period was you had to be working there for 30 days before you could take any temporary disability leave? Or I'm just completely confused, lol.

Do you need anything from me? Since your AF is later than planned anyway and pushing insems off, we probably won't actually find out you're pregnant until 30 days from now anyway, assuming it works right off (and assuming it didn't work this weekend). And even if we do find out you're pregnant, it's not like we have to tell anyone until you're a little farther along. A lot of people don't go to their first dr.'s appt until 8-10 weeks pregnant anyway.
October 1st, 2007, 05:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I'm confused about the waiting period thing. Won't your insurance be active as soon as you get it? And I thought the waiting period was you had to be working there for 30 days before you could take any temporary disability leave? Or I'm just completely confused, lol[/b]
My co-worker said that it was 30 days after you get the insurance before you are able to get maternity leave. She is pregnant and just barely made the cut off. She could also be misinformed by the stupid HR lady.

I forgot to add: There is a $135 a month price difference in the 2 policies.

October 1st, 2007, 05:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
If it's the same as it is at most places, that should be if you're pregnant when you start working there you can't get maternity leave within the first 30 days (or 30 days after benefits kick in, so 120 days after you start working there). Maternity leave shouldn't have anything to do with your health insurance since they wouldn't be the ones that would be covering the leave, that would be your short-term disability coverage which coverage which should have kicked in as soon as you became eligble for benefits and you wouldn't have had to sign up for it, it would have just kicked in. So even if she's delaying your health insurance (stupid lady) it shouldn't mess us up for your maternity leave. Who knows though, the benefits at that place are kind of screwy. We'll be so close though that we can probably fudge the dates if we need to (lol, I'm normally not that sneaky I swear).

That stinks that she didn't just take your forms and process them with no questions, since that's you know, her JOB. Darren doesn't have much like for the HR lady either. She got all pushy about why he had to go to the doctor with me a couple times even though he'd already told her the first time was because they had to do testing on him too and the other time was because they needed a little something from him to form the embryos, what was I supposed to go grab a guy off the street to loan me his sperm because it was too inconvient for her to let my DH be off a half day?
October 2nd, 2007, 08:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
i hope it all works out for you all

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search