I'm very very naughty...

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2007, 11:33 AM
CBMS
and it's only the SECOND DAY!!!

I should still be able to do it, though. I just need a few chubs of turkey and a couple more of Maddie's milk (and I have coupons for that).

I went to Publix because I really really love morningstar farms, and I could NOT resist the half off with a 1.00/2 coupon sale! I decided to use my WD 10/50 coupon with it, and get some of the other good deals-some BOGO's I had coupons for.

Here's what all I got:

2 boxes of Pepperidge farms texas toast (advantage buy this month, and had two 1.00 coupons!)
12 packages of various morningstar farms products (ranging from 1.50-1.79 and had six 1.00/2 coupons!)
1 smuckers squeeze (had a .50 coupon)
4 tubes of pillsbury grands! biscuits (BOGO+two .30/2 coupons)
6 cans hunts diced tomatoes (BOGO + two .40/3 coupons)
4 cans of rotel diced tomatoes (BOGO + four .30/1 coupons)
6 boxes of uncle ben's side rice dishes (BOGO + two 1.00/3 coupons)
1 half gallon of lactaid (had a 1.00 coupon, PLUS! this gives me three in the fridge that don't expire until November, I may only need one more!!)
5 family size (32 oz.) bags of publix brand frozen veggies (had five 1.00/1 coupons!)

My total should have been: 86.41
My OOP after BOGO's and coupons: 22.91!
savings: 63.50

yay!

I have lots of msf stuff to keep me eating lunches for ages. And I have four packages that I know Scott will eat as meat substitutes (he'll eat certain ones of those, but he hates the dried TVP stuff I get cheap) that will last for six meals!! Which cuts down on the amount of turkey chubs I need, since that's crumbles that are used instead of ground meat. woot.

I think that's 73% savings? Or thereabouts... so I'm happy with that.
October 2nd, 2007, 11:35 AM
gctattoo
I'm gonna have to take away your coupons! But I won't do that because I know that I'd end up pulling back a nub.

It's only the 2nd day of the month. *shakes head*

Hey, where's my banana cake?
October 2nd, 2007, 11:37 AM
CBMS
you mean the postal fairies didn't deliver it?

They must have eaten it themselves!
October 2nd, 2007, 11:41 AM
gctattoo
Oh, I have no doubt there's at least one fairy eating it....a fairy named Little Miss Maddie....
October 2nd, 2007, 11:44 AM
CBMS

She hasn't had any yet. I had a piece last night when it was warm, but that's it. I may have to freeze some. I have kids and a husband saying, "gro-----oss! banana cake?!" I'm glad they won't try it. More for me. I love banana cake. The cream cheese frosting makes it extra yummy, but it's so good it doesn't even need the frosting...
October 2nd, 2007, 01:19 PM
BoxerMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to BoxerMom
Kim - do you freeze the Grands biscuits? How do they come out?

October 2nd, 2007, 01:24 PM
CBMS
Quote:
Kim - do you freeze the Grands biscuits? How do they come out?[/b]

No. I don't freeze those... I don't know if you can or not? If you can, I may have to try it! We don't eat a lot of biscuits-although I love them-because the rest of the family doesn't care as much for them as I do. lol

*update: I just checked the package, and it says "do not freeze" on it. I won't be trying that. They have a long expiry, though--two are 28 Nov and two are 03 Dec. I know I'll use them by then...
October 2nd, 2007, 01:26 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
You can't freeze them. It says on the package.

Where'd you get BOGO Rotel coupons?
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
October 2nd, 2007, 01:29 PM
CBMS
Quote:
Where'd you get BOGO Rotel coupons?[/b]
They were on sale BOGO, and I used the .30 coupons. I got each two cans for .57, which is cheaper than the SAL brand tomatoes I usually get!!
October 2nd, 2007, 01:34 PM
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
grrrr! I would love them to be on sale BOGO.

They are .57 at the commissary, so if it was BOGO I could get them for free with my other coupons
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

October 2nd, 2007, 01:41 PM
CBMS
Quote:
grrrr! I would love them to be on sale BOGO.

They are .57 at the commissary, so if it was BOGO I could get them for free with my other coupons [/b]

That's already way cheap! Ours are 1.17 regular price! The Hunt's are that much, too (those are what I really like). That's why I normally get the .39 tomatoes at SAL. They're generic, but they're fine for chili and soups...
October 2nd, 2007, 03:02 PM
Wow! Our Hunts are around .50 cents or so as well... which is why I can get overage with the Hunts coupons that came with the rebate form. Our Commissary has to sell at just high enough to recoup cost without making a profit, which is why things are cheap but we never had sales.

October 2nd, 2007, 04:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
you mean the postal fairies didn't deliver it?

They must have eaten it themselves! [/b]
Yummy
October 2nd, 2007, 05:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
October 2nd, 2007, 08:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You're going to be on Santa's naughty list...he may make you wait to deliver that baby!!!
October 2nd, 2007, 09:03 PM
CBMS
Quote:
You're going to be on Santa's naughty list...he may make you wait to deliver that baby!!![/b]

As long as he lets this baby come out before 2008, I'll be fine going a little over.
October 2nd, 2007, 09:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
You're going to be on Santa's naughty list...he may make you wait to deliver that baby!!![/b]

As long as he lets this baby come out before 2008, I'll be fine going a little over.
[/b]
Wanting that extra tax credit, huh? I totally would!!!
October 3rd, 2007, 06:42 AM
CBMS
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]
Wanting that extra tax credit, huh? I totally would!!!
[/b]

Heck yes!! It means an additional child credit of 1K! We could use it. They've already taken like 7K out of Scott's checks!

(we get hit HARD for a few months while overtime is abundant--the more you make, the more they take )
October 3rd, 2007, 06:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
7K just for the feds so far or for everything?
October 3rd, 2007, 07:01 AM
CBMS
Quote:
7K just for the feds so far or for everything?[/b]

Everything... the feds have lots of that though. We have not state income tax...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search