CVS...

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2007, 09:28 AM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
OOPSIE ... the board ate your post lol

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
October 3rd, 2007, 09:31 AM
CBMS
how freaking weird is that? Good thing I C&P'd it!

OK... so I did the bounty deal. I just had to. I hated only have four rolls of towels left! That's really not like me, but I've been waiting to find VIVA again, but haven't.

SO... I got three 8-roll packs of bounty and a .99 dawn and used a 4/20, my 10.98 EBs, three .25 bounty coupons, and a .50 dawn coupon (how backasswards of them on the coupon amounts, btw!). My OOP with tax was 4.62. Not bad. I got back my 2.00 quarterly and my 5.00 P&G deal EBs. I decided that even if I don't love the bounty... I got them for like 4 bucks and got 24 rolls. That's only 17c a roll... how can I complain too badly about that?! They have to be better than the dollar tree paper towels, and those are 50c a roll! Total savings listed were 25.53. woot.

I then called CVS to ask about my "triple points" and they went into this explanation that the amount of EBs isn't tripled, the spending is. I said, "so you're telling me that I only spent about 40 bucks? That's not possible; I have bank statements that show I've paid around 115 on the card, and I know I used cash at least once, and my husband's card at least twice, so my spending wasn't tripled. She put me on hold. She came back and said that the triples started on Aug. 4, and that was about 39 dollars, and is roughly 117 in spending so it was correct. I was like, "no. I know for a fact I spent money in July! What about my July spending?" She put me on hold. She came back and said that my July spending was only 36 dollars, so I wouldn't get anything for that. I said, "if you add the 117 and the 36, you get 153, so I should get-at the minimum-another dollar of EBs." I know that's not that significant, but come on. I'm a frugal person talking--a buck's a lot to me! She said she understood and went to talk to her supervisor. In the end, they agreed that I should get that dollar. They're issuing it. It isn't as much as I thought I'd get, but ah well. I just increased my quarterly EBs by 50%. And I'll use them to roll them on something else.

Now I just remembered I may have some EBs on my other account... hmmmmmmmmmmmm... I need to check that card.

anyway. I spent my 4.62 at CVS, then I went to SAL and got nine chubs of turkey for 8.91. Now I have like 4 dollars left. Two of Maddie's milks. oopsie.

In a way, I'm looking forward to not shopping. Maybe I'll spend time taking my baby to the park and stuff. That'll be fun...
October 3rd, 2007, 12:48 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
Have fun (not) shopping!
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search