Do you ever "buy" coupons?

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2007, 09:30 AM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
Do you ever "buy" coupons .... or rather other peoples "time to clip, sort, and ship" coupons?

I normally don't but was browsing Ebay yesterday and bought a good number of them. I spent a total of $16.24 including shipping and will recieve coupons that I know I'll use to save $166.

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
October 3rd, 2007, 09:48 AM
gctattoo
Nope. I only get mine from the Sunday paper and from trades/coupon train on here.
October 3rd, 2007, 09:49 AM
asianmama
no dont buycoupies- i give the ones i dont use to other people. i dont think it is right to sell coupies...
October 3rd, 2007, 09:52 AM
CBMS
I used to... I think it's worth it if you're saving more than you're spending.

I also used to sell really good ones. I would sell my formula checks and good diaper coupons on ebay, but since they raised their prices and the prices of paypal (same company, you know--they're a win-win partnership), they made it so not worth it... I used to make an extra 15 or 20 bucks a month after fees, but when it got to where I was selling around the same about and making only 5 bucks or so, I gave it up...
October 3rd, 2007, 09:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
No, I get mine from sunday inserts, dumpster diving and trades on here.
October 3rd, 2007, 09:58 AM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have never bought any. But it can be a good idea if you are going to use all of the ones that you buy and still save money.

October 3rd, 2007, 10:15 AM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
I was first against buying them too ..... but we've been pretty dang broke lately and all the extra savings we can get help. I got a bunch of the Target ones that only come in the mail (I wish they'd send ME coupies in the mail!!!) for stuff I really use/need plus I got a bunch of others that are in higher demand and aren't usually on trade lists because they are a good deal

I typically have most of the ones I can want/need...because I can get upwards of 20 copies of the inserts each week but have a harder time with getting the non-insert one since I'm in such a small rural area

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
October 3rd, 2007, 10:45 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Trina - have you ever set up a baby registry at Target? I'm pretty sure that's how I got on the mailing list for the mail home coupons from Target. Set up a baby registry for Jenna at Target, with birthday stuff (diapers, wipes, baby basics). Then you should start getting the coupons.
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
October 3rd, 2007, 10:53 AM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I have in the past, but only if it's a bunch of amazing coupons that I need *right now*. I also sell formula checks when I get them. You see, my annoying friends thought it would be funny when we started TTC to sign me up for all these crazy baby mailing lists. So, I get formula checks like they're going out of style, and have absolutely no use for them. I tried to trade them on here, but on one seemed interested. Now, I sell them on eBay.
October 3rd, 2007, 12:27 PM
asianmama
sign ur kids up for the geoff birthday club--toysr us-- u get a 5 dollar off coupon sent two u a couple months befor ur dd,ds bday-- alex just got one two weeks ago and it doesnt expire til nov 30th.

also babyrus--sign up there a for a registry-- u get 2 coupies-- one is a 5 dollars of any purchase of 25 dollar or more and the other one i got was diapers.. i dont remember the exact coupie...
October 3rd, 2007, 12:34 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I've never done this before, but I'm tempted to with the next child...

I hate the formula companies. I do. It's a personal distaste for their practices. A few other friends of mine hate them as well and what they would do is go to Walmart and buy formula with the formula check, and then return it a few days later without reciept and get a GC. It was like making 11$.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
October 3rd, 2007, 01:06 PM
asianmama
what are formula checks????????? never gotten them for either child so im clueless
October 3rd, 2007, 01:16 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
It's like a coupon for something or another off formula. It looks like a check. Sometimes its for 11$ or only 1$.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
October 3rd, 2007, 01:25 PM
asianmama
okay-

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search