Yearbooks-OT slightly

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My son came home and told me he wants to order a yearbook for school, he's in high school. Then he told me they are $75 I'm not so sure about getting one. In middle school they were $25 and I was OK with that. But $75 seems a little steep. I know when I got mine in high school (yeah OK it was in the 80's) they were $20.

I'm still undecided. Maybe if I actually get some child support money I'll order it for him.
October 4th, 2007, 12:22 PM
donomama
Yikes! That IS expensive. If you can swing it though, I'd do it. I look at my yearbooks all the time, and it's not something that you can go back and buy next year. I think that's why they feel that they can charge so much. Is there something he could do to earn part of the money? Rake neighbor's leaves or something like that?
October 4th, 2007, 12:25 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yikes! Yeah, ours were $20, too. $75?? I like Tiffany's suggestion to have him earn some of the money (maybe go 50/50 with him).
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
October 4th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was on the yearbook staff in high school (actually I was the editor, yes I was a nerd) so I got mine free, otherwise I don't know if I would have bought one. I think ours were $75 for the book and $90 for the book and the video.
October 4th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Maybe I'll see if he can join the yearbook club. And that's a good idea about letting him work a little to earn it.

Thanks ladies.
October 4th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think mine was around $50. I went to a small school. There was about 450 in the entire school and 99 in my class. So, our yearbook was not that big.

October 4th, 2007, 12:51 PM
asianmama
mine was i believe 50 if u preordered 75 if u picked them up on the day they gave them out-- ours were good quality books... jr high they were 15 for just paper back- tore to pieces if u werent careful
October 4th, 2007, 12:55 PM
gctattoo
We went to a super small school. Our graduating class had 36. Our yearbooks were $12 and I didn't get a free one even though I was on the yearbook staff.

$75 is pretty steep. I wouldn't get one for him unless he's a senior. He'd have to find a way to pay for it himself. I'm so mean.
October 4th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree. Unless he's super involved in stuff and would be all in it so much that it would be good for remembering then I wouldn't get him one until he was a senior either.

My school was small too, not as small as Teri's but there were only 130 people in my class and we were the only high school in the county. So it wasn't like there was 130 in my class and then another 130 in a high school across town, we were it. Goes without saying you knew EVERYBODY in the whole freaking county. You couldn't get away with anything.
October 4th, 2007, 01:55 PM
groovie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine was around $50, I think. I look at mine all the time and I have to say that I'm glad I have them. $75 seems high, but like the other girls said, maybe he could earn the money himself or you could go half with him.
October 4th, 2007, 02:28 PM
dzine21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think ours were $40 too. I was also a Yearbook editor-in-chief. I never got mine free though. We're not nerds! Just a little geeky.--and artsy farty! LOL

</div>
October 4th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
The year book kids at my school were the "cool Kids"

October 4th, 2007, 03:57 PM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I went to a big high school and ours were $45 or $50 and I graduated 15 years ago. My niece just graduated last year and they were $80 I think. I have 3 years of my mine and the one year that I don't have, my sister has that one. I love having them and I am glad that I got them. I agree with other posts and maybe go in halfs with him. I had to work for all of mine and I took much better care of them because of that.

October 4th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have no clue how much they cost! I would def get one, but he could def earn the money somehow!
October 5th, 2007, 06:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
i disagree about the senior thing. every year kids come and go and its important to keep those memories.

I would spend whatever it takes

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
October 5th, 2007, 07:27 AM
CBMS
I hate doing it, but I buy yearbooks every year. I lost mine in a move, and I miss them horribly. I want my kids to have all those memories of their school years. Right now, they're only 12 bucks a year and I am sure it'll go up in middle school and again in high school. I'll still do it, though...
October 5th, 2007, 08:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search