Evan's "new" bed

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 4th, 2007, 08:01 PM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
THe neighbor across the street gave us a toddler bed. The crib we have converts to a toddler bed, but we are going to need the crib if we have a baby. THe bed came with 2 sets of sheets, Elmo and Cars. I was going to redo Evans room with Thomas... but he LOVES Elmo, and likes any car... so I will save some money, and just use these. Evan was so thrilled with the bed. I was going to have him wait a bit to use the big boy bed... but he headed straight for the new bed tonight and laid down. He would hear nothing about being in the crib. He just said Elmo and laid in nicely and let me tuck him in. If it goes well, he can stay in that bed... if not... back into the crib for now. We will see how much trouble he makes in the morning when he wakes up, and how he does at naps.

Anyway. The bed is very sturdy and except for some light teeth marks, in very good shape.

The first night went well. Evan was lying in bed waiting for someone to get him this morning. After his afternoon nap, he was lying in bed, looking at a book (the bookcase is right beside his bed), waiting for someone to come and get him. He went down tonight, last night, and this afternoon, sweet as pie.

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com
October 5th, 2007, 05:28 AM
Nedene's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thats great!!! Hopefully he converts to the new bed easily... Sounds like he was excited!!!

October 5th, 2007, 07:29 AM
CBMS
Great deal!!

I need a toddler bed for Maddie...

but we need to redo the rooms in order to fit. I have to arrange mine so that the toddler bed and crib will fit, or else arrange the girls' room so that the toddler bed will fit with theirs... *sigh* this place is just so small...
October 5th, 2007, 07:43 AM
Because the big heavy changingtable/dresser was moved out of the room because of the ceiling removal, I was able to easily rearrange the room, otherwise there is NO WAY it would have fit.

The first night went well. He was lying in bed, waiting for me to get him up, this morning, just like he used to do in his crib. One night down... woot woot.

I think the Elmo/Car covers were the things that sold him to the bed.

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

October 5th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry but I dont remember how old he is, im afraid to transition layne yet, but maybe i should

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
October 5th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Quote:
I'm sorry but I dont remember how old he is, im afraid to transition layne yet, but maybe i should[/b]
Evan is about 28 mo.

October 5th, 2007, 11:25 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww...I'm glad he took to the bed so well. Hoping for you that it will continue. And bonus on getting it for free!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
October 5th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We switched our kiddo to a regular twin bed at 23 months. It took 3 nights for him to go there willingly. But we also switched his room, so it was a new bed in a new room. At work he's always slept in a pack and play for naps, he didn't want to sleep in the "big boy bed" there until about 3-4 months after sleeping in the big bed at home. I think it may have to do with it being a trundle bed so it is pretty high-he can't get into it himself.

I hope things continue to go smoothly with the new bed!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search