I need to read some brags...

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2007, 11:24 AM
CBMS
I am having the hardest time today... I wanted to shop till I dropped... but I can't.

I need to read some nice brags so I can feel like I did something other than just sit here...
October 5th, 2007, 11:35 AM
gctattoo
Aww... I don't want you to feel like you've done nothing all day. Come clean my house! I will let you; that's how much I love you.

No can do on the brags at the moment. I wanted to take a run up to Publix before DH goes off to the Homecoming game but he might get off too late tonight. If I do go, I'll brag the minute I return.
October 5th, 2007, 11:40 AM
donomama
I'm sorry, I've just been too busy to shop this week. Next week - I promise!
October 5th, 2007, 11:41 AM
CBMS
WAAAAAAAAAAAH! I need to see a brag...

Let's virtual shop and pretend that we're getting lots of stuff for nothing.
October 5th, 2007, 11:48 AM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You crack me up, Kim!

I'm going to hit WAG for some 89 cent Palmolive (less if I have some manu's) and something else...shoot, can't remember what that was. So...sort of a pre-brag...will that work?
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
October 5th, 2007, 11:58 AM
asianmama
i got 6 red baron frozen pizzas for 10 bucks-- ( they were 6 for 12) plus i had two manu for 1.00 off two...) not the best deal on pizza from albertsons but oh well
October 5th, 2007, 12:09 PM
CBMS
Quote:
You crack me up, Kim!

I'm going to hit WAG for some 89 cent Palmolive (less if I have some manu's) and something else...shoot, can't remember what that was. So...sort of a pre-brag...will that work?[/b]

89c palmolive? I have coupons for palmolive... That's my virtual shopping #1. LOL
October 5th, 2007, 12:38 PM
dzine21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I need bread crumbs, beans, B1G1 free pork loin, fritos, and lloyd's bbq. When I hit the store sometime. I think my OOP will be... $16.97 with a savings of about $10.49.

</div>
October 5th, 2007, 01:40 PM
dingledine's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to dingledine Send a message via Yahoo to dingledine
I went to Walgreens, and I did the palmolive, w/coupon. Then I did the crest rebate w/coupon. I got some other stuff and some pullups that were on clearance (huggies or pampers) for 5 bucks. THey were for girls... but my little boy won't notice. I got 2 boxes. I did two different transactions because i have 2 usable rebate addresses now. Woot! I also got some of the pringles that were on sale and some of fructis rebate (2x), and some of the candy.

Okay, so that is my brag. After my rebates and coupons I guess I spent about 15.00 and will have saved over 60.00.

Jewelry for yourself, or for a friend. Breastfeeding aides, beautiful bracelets, earings and more.

Store.beadsarebeautiful.com
October 5th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
O.K.....Tuesday night I went to CVS and got 2 advis c&s, 2 robitussin, beano, chapstick (free w/robitussin purchase), after qs, I paid 3.99 and got 12.99 in ebs back

Wednesday, I got tylenol child, tylenol child cold, tylenol sinus, tylenol cold liquid, beano, aquafresh....total was 28.xx, after qs, I paid 1.99 and got 13.99 back in ebs

today, I got 2 tylenol sinus, 2 tylenol liquid stuff, 2 bags candy, 4 .82 bert bees lip balm (on clearance), handband things on clearance for .49....total was 28.xx, after qs and ebs I paid 4.28 and got 12 ebs back.

thinking about tomorrow.. my brother is so impressed, he told his wife to buy a coupon organizer today and start taking lessons from me. I have ya'll to thank!!

October 5th, 2007, 01:51 PM
gctattoo
Those were great trips! Good luck with converting your SIL.
October 5th, 2007, 01:51 PM
CBMS
yay. Keep 'em coming. I'm flying high right now.
October 5th, 2007, 02:32 PM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
I have the anti-brag. I somehow spent 142 today 0_0 and that was just the commissary... ughhhh.... however, I did save 30 bucks with coupons. so, coulda been worse.....

We were out of just about everything though. My freezer had 2 things in it! So....uhh... Yeah, =-) I'm trying to forgive myself.

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

October 5th, 2007, 05:28 PM
gctattoo
File this brag under the heading "DUH!" I didn't notice until I had already gotten to the check-out at Publix that the coupons I had weren't for the regular Lipton sides, only the extra veggie ones. I pushed on, hoping that the cashier would just scan them because they would've gone through. However, she was one of the Nazi cashiers who scoured each coupon before scanning. She caught it. So I played dumb which was only partially a lie. And took back the coupons. BOGO at 2/$1.39 ain't bad by itself so I didn't sweat it. I bought four so I spent $2.78 and saved $5.18 with a Winn Dixie $2 OYNO and a mysterious 40 cent discount. I bought cat food too but that's not included since the cats have their own money so maybe the discount came from that. But without proof, I added it to my saving.
October 5th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I got some other stuff and some pullups that were on clearance (huggies or pampers) for 5 bucks. THey were for girls... but my little boy won't notice.[/b]
HAHA!! I once got 87 girls pullups for 14 cents TOTAL thanks to clearance, regular coupons and CVS baby prodcut coupon! The kiddo had no clue!
October 5th, 2007, 06:13 PM
jenj_az's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
O.K.....Tuesday night I went to CVS and got 2 advis c&s, 2 robitussin, beano, chapstick (free w/robitussin purchase), after qs, I paid 3.99 and got 12.99 in ebs back

Wednesday, I got tylenol child, tylenol child cold, tylenol sinus, tylenol cold liquid, beano, aquafresh....total was 28.xx, after qs, I paid 1.99 and got 13.99 back in ebs

today, I got 2 tylenol sinus, 2 tylenol liquid stuff, 2 bags candy, 4 .82 bert bees lip balm (on clearance), handband things on clearance for .49....total was 28.xx, after qs and ebs I paid 4.28 and got 12 ebs back.

thinking about tomorrow.. my brother is so impressed, he told his wife to buy a coupon organizer today and start taking lessons from me. I have ya'll to thank!![/b]

Wow! I am seriously impressed!! I wanna do that!
<div align="center"><div align='center'> </div><div align="center"> </div><div align="center"></div><div align="center">♥ Jen ♥ Wife to my First Love 8.3.2005 ♥ Momma to Lyla 5.14.2007 ♥ and Baby Girl #2 EDD 9.9.2008 ♥</div></div>
October 5th, 2007, 06:38 PM
CBMS
Quote:
I have the anti-brag. I somehow spent 142 today 0_0 and that was just the commissary... ughhhh.... however, I did save 30 bucks with coupons. so, coulda been worse.....

We were out of just about everything though. My freezer had 2 things in it! So....uhh... Yeah, =-) I'm trying to forgive myself.[/b]

Considering the prices you get there, I'd say you probably got TONS of stuff for that money, though. Am I right?
October 5th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
HEB had $3.00 in store coupons for their HEB diapers. I was a dork - I used my calcultor to figure out which size package would be the best deal - it turned out to be the smallest (you could use the coupon on any size!!)

Size 5 diapers 30 pack. regular 6.97 - $3 = 3.97

that's 13 cents a diaper! I bought 4 packages!! (may go back and by more after payday on thurs - the coupon is good for weeks!)

October 5th, 2007, 08:41 PM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
Quote:
Quote:

We were out of just about everything though. My freezer had 2 things in it! So....uhh... Yeah, =-) I'm trying to forgive myself.[/b]

Considering the prices you get there, I'd say you probably got TONS of stuff for that money, though. Am I right?
[/b]
Yepp! I got enough to fill the frige/freezer and the cabnets! I got 96 items total.

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

October 6th, 2007, 03:44 AM
CBMS
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]
Yepp! I got enough to fill the frige/freezer and the cabnets! I got 96 items total.
[/b]

I thought so.

Your prices start out so low to begin with, that there isn't any way they could be discounted much more! We thrive on the sales because our prices start out so much higher to begin with.

And your coupon savings were FAB, too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search