Can you freeze yogurt?

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2007, 09:36 AM
WisconsinGirl's Avatar Veteran
Just curious..... and if anyone's done it, what's it like when it's thawed?

© Southpark Holly, 2007
October 6th, 2007, 09:57 AM
asianmama
yes u can.( u mean like yoplait yogurt cups right?)

im guessing it would taste just like frozen soft serve yogurt?! maybe one of the girls who has yogurt in their freezer right now can tell u how it tastes
October 6th, 2007, 11:56 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
It tastes the same. The texture changes a little bit, but otherwise it's the same.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
October 6th, 2007, 02:15 PM
CBMS
I've got over 40 yogurts in my freezer right now.

My kids ate some just yesterday that had been frozen and thawed out, and they didn't mention that it was any different. I haven't tried it myself.
October 6th, 2007, 02:18 PM
gctattoo
This morning, I thought about asking that very question myself. Then I remembered the pics of Kim's freezer with the yogurt in there so I figured the answer is yes. Kim knows everything.
October 6th, 2007, 02:21 PM
CBMS
Quote:
This morning, I thought about asking that very question myself. Then I remembered the pics of Kim's freezer with the yogurt in there so I figured the answer is yes. Kim knows everything. [/b]

LOL. I came on here and asked a couple weeks or so ago. I wanted to make sure that it was okay before I did it. I wanted to use my awesome coupies and get all that yummy yogurt while it was only .50 a cup and the store automatically did 1.75 for the two free (making it three and a half free!) and stacking it with the 1.00/8 coupon (giving me two more for free!). For every 12, I got 5 and a half of them FREE! woot!!

That would be why I have so many.
October 6th, 2007, 02:37 PM
gctattoo
I think I'll freeze some of the Alisha's yogurt. I have all these coupons for it (thanks, Sarah!) and she can't possibly eat that many before the coupons expire unless I freeze some of it. Now do I have room in my freezer for it? Doubtful.
October 6th, 2007, 05:03 PM
WisconsinGirl's Avatar Veteran
I also saw the pictures in Kim's freezer and that's where I got the idea! But I was a little concerned about what it tasted like on the other end. And I also noticed that 2 free when you buy 8 coupon was giving me way more than 2 cups actually cost.

Thanks for your advice!

© Southpark Holly, 2007
October 6th, 2007, 05:07 PM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would not freeze fat free yogurt. I accidently froze some and it completely changed the texture. I could not eat it. The regular kind would probably be good. I know that I have frozen go-gurts before and those are awesome frozen.

October 6th, 2007, 05:11 PM
CBMS
The ones the girls ate yesterday after school were fat free... er 99% ff anyway. They didn't say a thing about them being different. They looked creamy to me, too... like I said--I didn't eat one. I got some for them. I'm still working on some that had a little longer shelf life (and the kids can't have them--it's weight watchers).
October 6th, 2007, 05:15 PM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
maybe it was the brand. I had bought the Walmart brand and it was the fat free. I know that the 98% is a lot creamier than the fat free.

October 6th, 2007, 07:31 PM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I know that I have frozen go-gurts before and those are awesome frozen.[/b]

I had never thought of this until my sister was complaining to me the other day about her DH getting into the freezer and eating her boys' go-gurts. I tried it and Dane ate the first frozen one tonight and I tasted it and it was delish! For some reason, freezing yogurt cups had never crossed my mind! I wish I had seen this before yesterday because I just had to throw some away that had expired!
October 6th, 2007, 08:11 PM
CBMS
OK... just wanted to let you know that I just opened up a Strawberry Yoplait original 99% fat free yogurt that was frozen, and I stirred it well, and it's just exactly the same as if I'd just brought it home and put it in the fridge. It looked a little different before the stir, but it's fine after. It all got re-mixed and it's yummy as can be.
October 7th, 2007, 01:15 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I eat frozen Yoplaits all the time. DH does too, he just doesn't know it. Muahaha.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search