Good shopping trip :)

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2007, 02:31 PM
gctattoo
I went a bit overboard in Walmart and ended up spending $101. But $22 of that was several meals' worth of boneless chicken breast and pork chops. The highlights of that trip being my free box of Kashi crackers, a free pouch of cat food, and being paid 23 cents to take a 3 oz. package of tuna home! I can get paid for one more tuna too. Then get a pretty good deal on three more.

I also finally found Mountain Dew at Winn Dixie and got two for $5 plus tax. And I picked up some more Lipton sides at Publix-- with the right coupons this time! I got 6 packages for $2.22 which brings my total packages up to sixteen. DH actually gave me a hug when he saw them all in the pantry because as he put it, he "loves those things."

Well, my spending is up to $145 for the month. I still have $205 to go. I doubt I'll be getting much of anything next week because we already have so much. The end of the month will be tricky though because we'll have three extra people eating when my friend and her daughters come to visit.
October 6th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I love when my hubby gets excited about food i bring home

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
October 6th, 2007, 03:59 PM
lillermom99's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah getting DH excited about the foods I bring home has been the key to letting me take over this office closet for extra food storage!

October 6th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like you got a lot. Good shopping trips are the best.
October 6th, 2007, 04:58 PM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay! for great shopping trips!

October 6th, 2007, 05:14 PM
CBMS

a hundred bucks in one pop? wowza. Not I...
October 6th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I can't remember the last time I spent $100 at one time (on groceries and such that is).
October 6th, 2007, 05:25 PM
gctattoo
Quote:

a hundred bucks in one pop? wowza. Not I...[/b]
That's me showing restraint! I've been known to throw down over $200 at a time when we have lots of extra money (like a tax return).
October 6th, 2007, 05:29 PM
CBMS
Tax time is different. I do that at tax time, and ONLY tax time (well... normally. ) I have been known to buy over 100 dollars worth, but it costs much less than 50. If I were to spend 100 in one trip, there's no telling how much the savings would be! lol
October 6th, 2007, 05:34 PM
gctattoo
There are also a few occasions during the year when I'm overtaken by the urge to shop. Where I just want to go out and spend over $100, in addition to our regular spending, on food that we don't get much of because of our budget. I must give in to the urge and I do. And I don't feel the least bit guilty either.
October 6th, 2007, 08:22 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
we routinely spend that every 2 weeks. It's cheaper for me to do most if not all of our shopping at the Commissary.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search