Del Monte Vegetables

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How much will you pay for these?

Kroger has a them for 35c each when you buy 12. There is a $1/12 q out there so that would be 27c each. What do you all think? To go to pass up? I actually do need some canned veggies.

October 7th, 2007, 09:35 AM
CBMS
That's one deal you DEFINITELY need to get!!! They are .99-1.09/can here! I only get them when they're BOGO, but still, that's twice as much as you can get them for!!

Yes, that's one that I'll encourage you whole-heartedly to do!!
October 7th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We only get frozen veggies...
October 7th, 2007, 09:48 AM
CBMS
I like frozen veggies, too, Kris (you can tell by my freezer pics LOL), but the kids do NOT like frozen green beans. They only like canned. I still use the frozen when I'm doing the soups, though, and they don't know the difference because they simmer so long in the broth. If I'm serving green beans, though, then it better be canned or they're complaining. I also buy the canned spinach. That's the only kind my husband will eat, and only del monte brand.
October 7th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
that is the normal price. Oh my!! I may have to do the deal twice then

October 7th, 2007, 09:52 AM
CBMS
Quote:
that is the normal price. Oh my!! I may have to do the deal twice then [/b]

I would do that deal as many times as my coupon supply would allow!! That's really a good deal.
October 7th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I only have 2 coupons, but I'm planning on going DD Monday! I just need to figure out what I'm going to do with all those cans!

October 7th, 2007, 10:09 AM
CBMS
Do you have a garage?? I just got a little shelf thing at Target, and I put my cans out in the garage. It gave me more room in the pantry, and it's a nice little set up for the cans out there...
October 7th, 2007, 12:11 PM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
That's one deal you DEFINITELY need to get!!! They are .99-1.09/can here! I only get them when they're BOGO, but still, that's twice as much as you can get them for!!

Yes, that's one that I'll encourage you whole-heartedly to do!![/b]

October 7th, 2007, 12:47 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I'd be all over that. The generic Meijer brand was on sale 4/$1 here the other day, and they are FAR subpar to Del Monte. For sure, I'd be all over it.
October 7th, 2007, 12:50 PM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay, where did those Del Monte coupons come from!? I can always use some canned greenbeans! I'm like Kim's daughters...when it comes to greenbeans I'll only eat canned ones!
October 7th, 2007, 01:21 PM
CBMS
Quote:
Okay, where did those Del Monte coupons come from!? I can always use some canned greenbeans! I'm like Kim's daughters...when it comes to greenbeans I'll only eat canned ones![/b]

I *think* they were last week's Valassis insert...
October 7th, 2007, 01:45 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's an awesome deal...go for it!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10
October 8th, 2007, 06:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
my step mom and I are FOR SURE doing this deal at kroger too. we have a few coupons and I have more on the way. We will be way stocked up too

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
October 8th, 2007, 07:34 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
i think I'm going to use the coupon to get fruit. Anastasia loves peaches... its one of the 2 foods she'll eat.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
October 8th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think I'm going to do the fruit deal at kroger. Not AS good of a deal as the veggies but we'll use the fruit more. I am just not big on veggies. The only time I eat them is when they are mixed in something like a stew, casserole or salad. And if I'm the one making it I prefer frozen. I have a bunch of green beans put up in the freezer from the garden and same with corn. When I run out of corn I will buy the frozen, I can't stand the canned.
October 8th, 2007, 08:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
well we LOVE canned veggies

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
October 8th, 2007, 08:27 AM
CBMS
del monte and green giant (especially green giant) canned veggies aren't too bad. I refuse to buy generic canned veggies though. I will only buy del monte and green giant. GG has the best canned corn, but DM is ok, too.. generics aren't even close. I'm a name brand snob with veggies.

(well, with canned veggies... I'll buy generic frozen. Target brand and publix brand are both pretty good frozen)
October 8th, 2007, 08:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh, my hubbie like canned veggies, I'm sure if he knew how cheap they were he'd want me to buy them. I'm just a veggie snob because I'm a country girl who always used to get her veggies straight from the garden or out of the freezer from the garden in the winter. I'm glad they are so cheap for those that use them though!
October 8th, 2007, 08:36 AM
CBMS
Oh, I prefer frozen veggies...but with kids... it's not always possible to get what I like. I also adore peas, but I almost never eat them because the kids act like such goofs when I bring them home.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search