when should i retest

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2007, 09:37 AM
asianmama
i tested last night- bfn

--history--
never had regular cycles befor i concieved my daughter- my cycles have been out of wack ever since... with dd- it took 3 hpt tests to come up positive- in one week.
with ds- it took 7 hpt, and u/s to confirm i was pregnant and not just throwing up for the hell of it..--my dr and husband thought i was loosing my mind.-- symptoms i had with him were extreme m/s, extremely painfuly cramps on my right side and just all around moody,tired, loss of apetite. ( pretty much normal occurance that i experienced with dd)

now- ds- is still 100% breast fed- i had an iud up until the 3rd of last month-- it fell out unexpected! the day after it fell out i went to the doc to make sure i was okay--also took a urine test--bfn.

what i think was my last period might have been just bleeding from the iud falling out-- august 30th it was a normal flow, 31st started getting heavier, sept 1st- i was soaking super always pads every hour, sept 2nd/sept3 i was soaking the supar always every 30-45 minutes. sept 4 bleeding became more of a spotting. spet 5th no more bleeding.

symptoms i have now--
extreme cramping pain on my left side, i am starting to throw up after i eat,if i dont eat quick enough i feel sick, moody-- i can go from happy to sad to angry in less then a minute-- its not a pretty sight. lol. i am so tired but i cant sleep-- the last 4 days i have had 3 hours of straight sleeping. i am breaking out too-- i dont know if that is a symptom or not-- i never experienced that befor in a pregnancy- but my friends have...

since my iud fell out hubby and i have been using condoms.

anyways when should i test?
October 7th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quick question--What kind of IUD did you have in?

October 7th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Since you have a history of having a hard time having a positive actually show up on a HPT, maybe you could go to the doc and ask for a quantative HCG blood test?
October 7th, 2007, 09:50 AM
asianmama
i had the paraguard

Quote:
Since you have a history of having a hard time having a positive actually show up on a HPT, maybe you could go to the doc and ask for a quantative HCG blood test?[/b]
insurance is the problem-- i have none...
October 7th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Is there a free clinic around? They should be able to do one.

Otherwise, you probably want to wait at least 4-5 days from when you took the last one.
October 7th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What kind of test did you use?
October 7th, 2007, 09:55 AM
CBMS
the pain on one side should concern you....that's a sign of a possible tubal pregnancy-which is possible since you had an IUD fall out! Did it puncture anything? Cause scarring? That would increase your chances of a tubal pregnancy as well...

I'd find a clinic that can help you. There are lots of places that go by income on a sliding scale, and they are usually pretty reasonable. (like 15 or 20 dollars a visit)
October 7th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I sure if I was in your shoes I would buy some cheap HPT and test every morning or I'll go crazy, but that is just me.

October 7th, 2007, 09:58 AM
CBMS
both dollar tree and dollar general carry tests for a buck. They're reliable, too...
October 7th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, you should check out a clinic. Don't be to worried. I have had that pain (and it is on one side too) whenever I am about to start my period, when I am on my period, when I am about to ovulate, and when I am ovulating, and when I am pregnant. I'm had ultrasounds to rule out cysts, but everything is fine.

October 7th, 2007, 10:08 AM
asianmama
Quote:
the pain on one side should concern you....that's a sign of a possible tubal pregnancy-which is possible since you had an IUD fall out! Did it puncture anything? Cause scarring? That would increase your chances of a tubal pregnancy as well...

I'd find a clinic that can help you. There are lots of places that go by income on a sliding scale, and they are usually pretty reasonable. (like 15 or 20 dollars a visit)[/b]
the pain feels the same as the one i had with alex-- i did have a small cyst detected on the u/s and when i went in for a follow up the cyst was gone. the dr i saw when my iud fell out says everything down there look perfect no punctures,scaring, ruptures anything.

if i had a tubal wouldnt i be able to get a bfp on the test--
my friend came over with a two pack of first response.

would planned parent hood beable to do a blood test?
October 7th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
would planned parent hood beable to do a blood test?[/b]
I'm not to sure. You could call and ask. Tell them your history and they might arrange something. Planned Parenthood does charge based on your income. If you make little enough they will only ask for a donation.

October 7th, 2007, 10:25 AM
asianmama
k i will give them a call tomrrow
October 7th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I too would test everyday, probably several times a day. I was trying to give the conservative answer .

I would think planned parenthood could do the test. For sure give them a call.
October 7th, 2007, 12:22 PM
lillermom99's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The planned parenthoods in my area won't do blood tests but they will do a free pregnancy test so if you want I would go there weekly until you figured out what was up! They are also able to do a physical exam which might help in determining what is going on! I would be losing my mind!

October 7th, 2007, 12:41 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
More than likely planned parenthood will not do serum testing, only urine. Sorry. Check out a Federally Qualified Health Center ... also known as ... a free clinic. Google FQHC plus your state, and you'll probably find one. That's where I used to work, and our sliding scale went as low as $5 for a visit.
October 7th, 2007, 12:48 PM
asianmama
thanks-- i know there is a pregnancy resource center- that is completly free- went there when i was pregnant with ashlyn to get it documented that i was indeed preggo and ohp needed a certified document saying i was-- i will see if FQHC has anything in my state locally for me to go to.
October 7th, 2007, 08:03 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our labs here allow you to just pay cash for blood testing without needing a physician referral. It's $26 for pregnancy testing. I don't know what type of tests you plan to buy, but you may end up spending that much on hpts anyway. It's worth a call to ask how much your lab charges. I'm in CA, so I would suspect that rates would be similar, but I could be wrong.

October 7th, 2007, 08:31 PM
asianmama
the urine test at my doc office is 22 dollars... dont know bout how much blood tests costs..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search