frugal Halloween costume

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm going to try to make Carly's costume. She is going to be Super Baby . I saw a cute Super Girl costume at Factory Card Outlet for $29.99 It was only a white sweat shirt with the logo on it, white sweat pants, and a cape. I decided to try to make the same outfit. I went to Walmart to buy the stuff. They did not have white sweat shirts/pants . I ended up getting her a plain long sleeved white shirt ($3.00) and some pink fabric ($2.99-I'm sure I have to much) and some pink paint (77c). I'm going to put some tights on her and she is going to have her hot pink diaper on over the tights (with another diaper under the tights of course).

So I saved 77% on her Halloween costume . I hope it don't end up looking like crap

October 7th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Awww, that's going to be so cute!! The cape will be really easy with the pink fabric, are you going to do like a superman symbol on the front of the shirt? That's such an adorable idea! I bet you'll do a great job with it.
October 7th, 2007, 06:47 PM
CBMS
Sounds super cute! Ours couldn't have been more frugal--my MIL bought them for us.

Maddie is going to be a lion cub. Kaitlinn is an 'elegant' witch. I didn't know what Katerina wanted to be, so I don't have one for her yet. She wants to be Dorothy (from the wizard of oz), so we need to find that costume. My MIL said she'd buy that one too. woot. free costumes.
October 7th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Score!

Our son is going to be a scare crow. I got the costume from Babies R Us. 20 bucks-a 20% off coupon.

October 7th, 2007, 08:21 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
yay!!

Anthony is going as a duck (it's actually the costume he wore at 14 months that now at 3 years he fits back into!!)

Anastasia is going as an Angel, it was a costume given to us by a friend.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
October 7th, 2007, 09:32 PM
mommyinky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How cute!!! I can't wait to see pics of that!

I'm making the boys' costumes. They will both being wearing black sweatpants and sweatshirts (Dane's is a hooded one...couldn't find a hooded one for Luke though) that they will be able to wear after Halloween. I haven't bought the rest of the stuff to know how much I'll be spending, but it shouldn't be too much!
October 8th, 2007, 06:46 AM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
How cute!!! I can't wait to see pics of that!

I'm making the boys' costumes. They will both being wearing black sweatpants and sweatshirts (Dane's is a hooded one...couldn't find a hooded one for Luke though) that they will be able to wear after Halloween. I haven't bought the rest of the stuff to know how much I'll be spending, but it shouldn't be too much![/b]
What else are you doing with the black sweatpants and shirts?

Peyton is going to be Blue from Blues Clues. It is a vest style costuem with a hood. I will put blue shorts and a t-shirt on him underneath. Or pants and long sleeves if it is chilly.

October 8th, 2007, 06:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I will put blue shorts and a t-shirt on him underneath. Or pants and long sleeves if it is chilly.[/b]
That's why I like the ones from BRU. They are made with heavy fabric. Most likely it will be in the 50s when we go trick or treating, so the costumes from the party type stores just don't cut it (they tend to be made very cheaply!). Last year I put his snug fitting jams underneath the costume and it worked out great. The cold weather wore him out and we came home and put him to bed!
October 8th, 2007, 08:21 AM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
I will put blue shorts and a t-shirt on him underneath. Or pants and long sleeves if it is chilly.[/b]
That's why I like the ones from BRU. They are made with heavy fabric. Most likely it will be in the 50s when we go trick or treating, so the costumes from the party type stores just don't cut it (they tend to be made very cheaply!). Last year I put his snug fitting jams underneath the costume and it worked out great. The cold weather wore him out and we came home and put him to bed!
[/b]

We are the total opposite. It is always so warm here on Halloween. I had bought a couple of costumes off TRU online but they were way too warm. Anything that is made with fleece will roast a kid here. That is why I decided to go with the Blue costume because it was only the vest. I did the same thing last year. I found a spider costume at Walmart and just put a grey onsie and black shorts on him.

I love all of the really cute fleece costumes but it is too hot here.

October 8th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I remember a few Halloweens as a kid having to wear our winter coats, hats, and gloves...sleet, snow, etc!

October 8th, 2007, 12:51 PM
4iris's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ben's going to be Darth Vader. He wanted to be Jango Fett, but that was a $60 costume. DV was only $20. Alex will wear the same mouse costume that Ben wore his first Halloween (and that was made by Nana). FREEBIE!
Do not sorrow; the joy of the Lord is your strength." Neh. 8:10

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search