Oh CVS, how you tempt me

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2007, 09:02 AM
gctattoo
Why does CVS do this to me? They put milk on sale this week just to make me buy other things. I have to take advantage of the milk sale but it would take all my EB's. So obviously, I need to buy some things that generate more EB's to at least roll the ones I'm using. And then, of course, I might as well spend $20 so I can use a 4/20 coupon. And before I know it, I'm spending $20! (before coupons anyway) *shakes fist at CVS*
October 9th, 2007, 09:07 AM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was just thinking the same thing. I am scouring the CVS ad to find something to roll my ECB's into so that I can go get milk.

October 9th, 2007, 09:25 AM
gctattoo
I have two scenarios:

#1. *I want to do this one but they might not have the Crest

2 milk
2 Renu
1 Playtex
1 Crest

OOP would be $8.67 with $11.27 back in EB's

#2 *only if no Crest available

2 milk
1 Renu
1 Bayer
1 Playtex

OOP would be $9.84 with only $5.49 back in EB's
October 9th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Don't forget about Beano-limit 5...you'll pay up front (unless you still have EB to use) but you'd get it all back!

October 9th, 2007, 09:48 AM
gctattoo
I didn't know the limit on the Beano. Back to the drawing board....

My friend is gonna love me. The Beano from CVS and WAG, the Pepcid from WAG, and the Folger's from CVS are all for her when she comes. She has more stuff in this house than I do!
October 9th, 2007, 09:57 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Quote:
I have two scenarios:

#1. *I want to do this one but they might not have the Crest

2 milk
2 Renu
1 Playtex
1 Crest

OOP would be $8.67 with $11.27 back in EB's

#2 *only if no Crest available

2 milk
1 Renu
1 Bayer
1 Playtex

OOP would be $9.84 with only $5.49 back in EB's
[/b]
Are the Platex on sale? I haven't looked at the CVS ad yet...dh threw out the paper yesterday because he thought I had already looked at it and I hadn't had a chance!!! UGH!!!! I can only use Platex so if they are on sale I might start stocking up now although hopefully with breastfeeding my period won't return for awhile yet!!! lol

October 9th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think the Playtex are 4.99 with 3 EB back (for 16-20 ct pack) so 1.99. On couponloop.com there is a $2.50 printable -I couldn't get it to print, but maybe you'll have better luck! I don't remember if there is a limit, probably 1 though.

October 9th, 2007, 10:05 AM
gctattoo
Yep, Kris is right. You can get the 16-20 ct. of Playtex Gentle Glide or Sport tampons for $1.99 after $3 EB's back. There is a limit of one per card though.
October 9th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Thanks girls!!! I'll put that on my CVS list. Going to try to print the coupon...

October 9th, 2007, 10:30 AM

I wasn't able to print the coupon from couponloop. However, after doing some searching if you go to http://playtexsport.com/default.aspx. There is a link to print it in the bottom right corner of the screen and that link worked for me.

October 9th, 2007, 10:36 AM
gctattoo
I think we have a winner (with no milk! haha):

4 Beano (I already got one)
2 Renu
1 Crest (I already got one)

OOP of $9.15 with $20.23 back in EB's! Then I could use EB's to get milk for free

Now without the Crest I would do:

4 Beano
2 Renu
1 milk

OOP of $11.34 with $16.94 back in EB's. Then I could get more milk later for free
October 9th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I think we have a winner (with no milk! haha):

4 Beano (I already got one)
2 Renu
1 Crest (I already got one)

OOP of $9.15 with $20.23 back in EB's! Then I could use EB's to get milk for free

Now without the Crest I would do:

4 Beano
2 Renu
1 milk

OOP of $11.34 with $16.94 back in EB's. Then I could get more milk later for free
[/b]
Did you go and do it?
October 9th, 2007, 05:31 PM
CBMS
Quote:
I didn't know the limit on the Beano. Back to the drawing board....

She has more stuff in this house than I do!
[/b]

Somehow I don't believe you...

October 9th, 2007, 06:00 PM
gctattoo
Nope, I didn't do it yet. I don't like making DH go out again after he's had a long day at work. The exception being laundry day; then it's a free for all to everywhere I have to go. That'll be either tomorrow or Thursday depending upon how I feel. I'm sure I'll do a bit of dumpster diving as well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search