My first brag

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2007, 06:18 PM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Ok I am new to the board and new to this so let me know if I am posting this wrong.

CVS -
$3.29 Crest Prohealth Night toothpaste
$3.29 Platex Sport Tampons
-2.50 Platex Coupon
-4.87 Extra Bucks from Pepcid in Sept
Total OOP: 1.14

Extra Bucks Back:
$3.29 from Crest (which I will use later this week to buy another tube of the Night toothpaste or maybe some mouthwash this time)
$3.00 from Platex Sport
$1.00 from Summer Spending (not sure what this was)

So I spent $1.14 and got back $7.29!!!!

=======================================

Target -
$1.59 each - 10 boxes of toaster strudel
-1.00 each coupon (manu)
-0.75 each Target coupon
$2.29 each - 4 boxes Quaker Sweet & Salty Granola Bars
-2.00 each - manu coupon
$.99 Flashing pumpkin candy necklace that my almost 6 year old HAD to have
$.57 M&M's because I was craving chocolate at the checkout and I am weak!!!
Total OOP $3.32 but when I got home and looked over my reciept I noticed they only used 8 of the $0.75 coupons instead of 10...there must have been 2 of them sticking together so I was overcharged by $1.50. The total was more than I thought it would be but figured it was the candy I got and let my daughter talk me into at the last minute.

The cashier couldn't believe my total was so low. She wanted to know where I got my coupons from! lol

We are really broke this week (house payment was due) so I am not buying any groceries just using what we have in our fridge/freezer/cupboard. So I was pretty impressed with my total $4.46 spent for the week!!! I may go back for more toaster strudel later in the week after making some more room in my freezer (can't beat free)!

October 9th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Awesome job!
October 9th, 2007, 06:24 PM
gctattoo
Great job!

It stinks that you got overcharged. We've all had those things happen and not noticed until it was too late. Grrr....

The $1 EB you got was for the quarterly spending. You get back 2% of your OOP expense in EB's four times a year. The summer spending ended on Sept. 16th and that was what you earned.
October 9th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
Ok that is great. How long is this Target sale on the Toaster Strudel? And are there printable manu coupons for them? OH, and how many printables will Target take, Is there a limit?
October 9th, 2007, 06:27 PM
mom2LyricStoryLegend's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2LyricStoryLegend
Quote:
Ok that is great. How long is this Target sale on the Toaster Strudel? And are there printable manu coupons for them? OH, and how many printables will Target take, Is there a limit?[/b]
I don't know if there is a limit but I used 10 (well actually 20 because of the man. and the store coupon). Not sure how long the sale is either.

WTG Renee!!
October 9th, 2007, 06:32 PM
CBMS

Way to go Renee!!!

Free stuff is freaking great, isn't it?!
October 9th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
The toaster strudels are always $1.59 from what I could tell. The $1.00 coupon was from couponloop.com (expires 11/7/07) and the $0.75 coupon was from Target.com (expires 10/27/07). There is no limit to the amount you can get.

October 10th, 2007, 03:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
The toaster strudels are always $1.59 from what I could tell. The $1.00 coupon was from couponloop.com (expires 11/7/07) and the $0.75 coupon was from Target.com (expires 10/27/07). There is no limit to the amount you can get.[/b]
couponloop only let me prnt 2 of the $1 off coupons
October 10th, 2007, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Quote:
The toaster strudels are always $1.59 from what I could tell. The $1.00 coupon was from couponloop.com (expires 11/7/07) and the $0.75 coupon was from Target.com (expires 10/27/07). There is no limit to the amount you can get.[/b]
[/b]
I printed 2 and then made copies.

October 10th, 2007, 04:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[/b]
I printed 2 and then made copies.

[/b]
I would feel guilty doing that.
October 10th, 2007, 05:01 AM
Nicole_M's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great job, Renee!
October 10th, 2007, 05:40 AM
CBMS
I don't think you're supposed to do that, Renee. They do scan, but I'm not sure it's legal. They each have an individual code, so you have some with repeat codes, and I'm not sure Target will get their money...

it's perfectly legal to have several computers to print from, though, so that it generates two unique codes per computer.

(the target coupons are a free for all though--those print as many copies as you want. Just the manu have the coding system)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search