another conagra food recall...

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2007, 09:09 PM
CBMS
I was watching the news, and there was a recall from conagra. Yikes! I get a lot of conagra stuff.

This one involves the banquet pot pies. I don't know if it's ONLY pot pies or not--it wasn't really clear and they had pictures of the stuff I have in the freezer!

If anyone else gets info, please let us know!! If you have banquet pot pies, it said to return the boxes to the store you bought it at.
October 10th, 2007, 06:25 AM
BoxerMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to BoxerMom
Ya know - I am really starting to get annoyed by all of these stinkin recalls

October 10th, 2007, 06:29 AM
CBMS
Quote:
Ya know - I am really starting to get annoyed by all of these stinkin recalls [/b]

Me too... but they have to. The FDA contacts them and tells them ___ people got sick, and one thing they had in common was eating your foods...

If people would cook their food correctly, a lot of that could be avoided...this was because of Salmonella, which dies if cooked to the proper temp, so it wasn't really even the fault of the company... but the people!
October 10th, 2007, 06:36 AM
gctattoo
As far as I can tell, it's only the Banquet pot pies.
October 10th, 2007, 06:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
If it's just the pot pies we're OK. I never buy those.
October 10th, 2007, 06:51 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
Looks like your going to have some room in your freezer Kim
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
October 10th, 2007, 07:09 AM
CBMS
Quote:
Looks like your going to have some room in your freezer Kim [/b]

I'm still waiting for news on that... if it's pot pies, I'm in the clear. I don't eat those things. blech.

If it's the chicken patties or popcorn chicken or tenders, then I'll have lots of room.

the only good thing to come of that is that I used .75 coupons, so I'd get more than I paid!
October 10th, 2007, 07:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I haven't bought any recently but I think we probably have 3-4 from when DH was taking them for lunch. He probably bought those like 3 months or so ago though so I'm THINKING they're probably ok. Should I take them back? I'm not even sure where he got them.
October 10th, 2007, 07:18 AM
CBMS
It's only ones that have a certain code... I'll see if there's details yet. There wasn't last night--except the news.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21214391/

It's also possible, since they were isolated to those areas, that there had been improper handling prior to them being purchased.
October 10th, 2007, 07:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
so does it include the chicken kim, cuz i have lots of that

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
October 10th, 2007, 07:21 AM
CBMS
What gets me is that it's freaking chicken and turkey! ALL poultry has the potential to cause salmonella if it's not handled properly--are they going to pull ALL the chicken and turkey off shelves everywhere? It seems silly to me...

Quote:
so does it include the chicken kim, cuz i have lots of that[/b]

It seems, so far, that it's just the pot pies. Thank heaven.
October 10th, 2007, 07:22 AM
Platinum Supermommy
all of those should already have fully cooked chicken or turkey in them. all you do is warm them up, at this point it would be a manufacturer error not a user error

and i'm in the clear because i dont have any pot pies

My Blog
October 10th, 2007, 07:27 AM
CBMS
The sides of the box say that they have to be brought to an internal temperature of 160 degrees and has the safe handling warning on it--in my eyes, that clears them if someone doesn't do that...
October 10th, 2007, 07:33 AM
CBMS
and the front says, "cook thoroughly"

I really don't know if they'll be liable, really... but it will still hurt their image. I love conagra, too...
October 10th, 2007, 09:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
gotcha, I think they will be fine

My Blog
October 10th, 2007, 11:08 AM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
Yeah I saw that on the news this morning. I guess a big part of why they might of had to recall is that the box says to "microwave for x mins" and people who had lower watage microwaves weren't adjusting the time, and therefore eating some not entirely heated food.

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

October 10th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, I think we're ok then. DH is a freak about that kind of thing and would eat burned food before he ate anything even the least bit still cool.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search