Help me decide what to buy....

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Alright ladies I'm trying my best to get fully in gear on this whole "reduced buying to use up my stockpile" thing. I'm doing OK, but I've still managed to spend about $90 of my $150 only 9 days in. Here are some of the options I'm contemplating:

Kroger:
10 boxes of Totino's Pizza Rolls - RC to get them 10/$10 and $2 off when 10 are purchased, I have 10 0.40 coupons that will double so these will end up free. I think everyone can agree I should get these, right?

12 cans of Del Monte FRUIT (we won't use the veggies) - After sales, promos and coupons they end up at 0.75 a can so $9 for 12. Is this that great of a price? I'm not sure what they run normally. I have to buy 12 to get the 0.75 price.

Rite Aid:
IF I can find it in stock 1 tube of Aquafresh Advanced. I think after coupon I would pay $1.49 and get $2.49 back in rebate.

They also have their other aquafresh at 99c and with my 0.75 coupons I could get 8 at 24c each. I've already decided no on this.

Bic Comfort 3 Advanced Razors - I have a RC to get them at 3.99 a pack and I have 2 BOGO coupons and 2 $2 coupons making them only about $1 a pack. I'm thinking no on this one though.

Target:

I've printed 3 sets of the Toaster Strudel coupons, I could print more but I'm not sure I want too. I have limited freezer room so even with these being free or better than free I don't think I can get more than that. I'm sure everyone will tell me to get these!

I've also read on HCW that the 2oz Purell is free or better with the $1.50 coupon from this week, has anyone here bought any? I have 8 coupons for this so I MIGHT do the deal if they are free or their is overage.

Walmart:

I have 3 sets of BOGO 3.15 bags friskies and $1 off 3.15 bag or higher making it $2.42 for 2 bags or $7.26 for 6. I'd also have to pay $1.23 in tax since it's on before coupon prices. With tax it would be 45c a lb which is better than the 59c a lb we would pay for an 18lb bag BUT at last count I think I had about 30 3-4lb bags of cat food so sadly I'm thinking I may have to not do it.

2 bags of meow mix treats - I have coupons to get them free and it's the only kind one of my kitties likes so I'm all over this one.

3 small packages of clean team wipes - After the coupons they are 64c plus tax BUT I already have a bunch of wipes for the baby who won't be here until mid-late NEXT year so again, thinking probably not.

Walgreen's

4 packages of the cough drops for the spa rewards! I MUST do this.

The only things I actually HAVE to buy are a loaf of bread and some lunchmeat, probably at Meijer or Kroger.
October 10th, 2007, 10:50 AM
~Trina~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Trina~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Trina~
Personally I'd only do things that aren't rebate items for now ..... stick with the Toaster Struedels and Pizza Rolls. The cat food is a great deal, but you don't NEED it since you already have 30 bags and it'll probably go on sale again w/ coupons before you use all that up!

"A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
October 10th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
You have the cheap pizza rolls too?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

DANG!!!!!!!

Definately the pizza rolls, toaster strudels, and purell. clean team wipes are not cheap enough to get anymore of

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
October 10th, 2007, 11:33 AM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
You have the cheap pizza rolls too?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

DANG!!!!!!!

Definately the pizza rolls, toaster strudels, and purell. clean team wipes are not cheap enough to get anymore of[/b]
Ditto on the pizza rolls, toaster studels and purell. I have got one of the purell's. It was $1.38 so it I got a $.12 overage with the $1.50 coupon.

October 10th, 2007, 11:40 AM
CBMS
Do you have freezer space for all those pizza rolls and strudels?

I don't think you should do anything that'll have a significant OOP. Especially the cat food--as good a deal as it is! How long will it take for them to eat what you already have? Will it be gone by the expiry dates? Look at stuff like that.

October 10th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I will have freezer space for the pizza rolls (out of box and in gallon freezer bags) and about 3 boxes of struduel.

Yeah, I don't think I'll get the cat food since I have so much. They will use it by the expirations but only because the chihuahua eats it instead of dog food and I give my lab a cup or so of it mixed in with his kibble every once in awhile because apparently it tastes way better.

Ok, so 10 boxes of pizza rolls, 3 boxes of strudel, 2 pouches of cat treats, 8 purells, bread and lunchmeat. Oh and coughdrops! I need that massage.

I already have rebates from rite aid coming so the aquafresh wouldn't be the only one. After tax I'd be getting paid 85c. Doubt they'll have it in stock though so I think I'm just going to forget about it.

No fruit? I wasn't sure if that was a good price.

Is there anyone with a rite aid that wants that rc on the razors and the coupons? It is a good deal, I just won't be doing it.
October 10th, 2007, 02:09 PM
lillermom99's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Also look for the Sunsilk shampoo if you still have the 2.00 coupons as it was on clearance at my Target and I got overage on this! I also got an overage on the purell!

October 10th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Kroger:
10 boxes of Totino's Pizza Rolls - RC to get them 10/$10 and $2 off when 10 are purchased, I have 10 0.40 coupons that will double so these will end up free. I think everyone can agree I should get these, right? I guess since they are free it can't hurt, but aren't you sick of these yet??

12 cans of Del Monte FRUIT (we won't use the veggies) - After sales, promos and coupons they end up at 0.75 a can so $9 for 12. Is this that great of a price? I'm not sure what they run normally. I have to buy 12 to get the 0.75 price. That doesn't seem like that great of a deal. Do you normally buy canned fruit or are you just wantingto use the coupon? I know I can get canned fruit at the cheapie store for 50 cents or so.

Rite Aid:
IF I can find it in stock 1 tube of Aquafresh Advanced. I think after coupon I would pay $1.49 and get $2.49 back in rebate. I'd do this since you'd make money.

They also have their other aquafresh at 99c and with my 0.75 coupons I could get 8 at 24c each. I've already decided no on this. Yes 24 cents is cheap, but how much toothpaste can you possibly use??? I only get toothpaste if I get paid for it (or if it ends up free at CVS and it helps me get a larger total). Good choice on the no.

Bic Comfort 3 Advanced Razors - I have a RC to get them at 3.99 a pack and I have 2 BOGO coupons and 2 $2 coupons making them only about $1 a pack. I'm thinking no on this one though. How many do you already have?

Target:

I've printed 3 sets of the Toaster Strudel coupons, I could print more but I'm not sure I want too. I have limited freezer room so even with these being free or better than free I don't think I can get more than that. I'm sure everyone will tell me to get these! If you know you'll eat, then go for it!

I've also read on HCW that the 2oz Purell is free or better with the $1.50 coupon from this week, has anyone here bought any? I have 8 coupons for this so I MIGHT do the deal if they are free or their is overage. Do you normally use this stuff? If not, then only get it is it has overage! Otherwise you end up paying tax on something you won't use!

Walmart:

I have 3 sets of BOGO 3.15 bags friskies and $1 off 3.15 bag or higher making it $2.42 for 2 bags or $7.26 for 6. I'd also have to pay $1.23 in tax since it's on before coupon prices. With tax it would be 45c a lb which is better than the 59c a lb we would pay for an 18lb bag BUT at last count I think I had about 30 3-4lb bags of cat food so sadly I'm thinking I may have to not do it. How long will the food you already bought last?

2 bags of meow mix treats - I have coupons to get them free and it's the only kind one of my kitties likes so I'm all over this one. Go for it!

3 small packages of clean team wipes - After the coupons they are 64c plus tax BUT I already have a bunch of wipes for the baby who won't be here until mid-late NEXT year so again, thinking probably not. I'd pass...even though the packs are sealed I still think they lose some moisture over time.

Walgreen's

4 packages of the cough drops for the spa rewards! I MUST do this. Definite must!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search