Kim

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2007, 11:51 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
You are the only one I know who nursed while pregnant. So I may ask you loads of questions, lol. I know that it's safe to do (I've been in contact with the LLL and I'm attending a meeting tonight) but.... am I supposed to be as hungry as I am? Everything I read says that I'm supposed to eat more since I'm sustaining two children... but I want to eat everything in sight, and nothing in sight at the same time, lol. Chris says it's way to early in the pregnancy to be this hungry.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
October 10th, 2007, 12:01 PM
CBMS
I could not get enough to eat for a while... then it subsided and I went back to eating normally, but now I'm back to having a huge appetite. Just in time to really pack on some pounds. lol

You do need extra calories--and lots of protein! You need to figure the nursing difference is already boosting your caloric need by 300-500 calories, and the pregnancy is making that even MORE calories that you need (and protein!) For pregnancy, you are in need of about 40g of protein (preferably lean protein), but even more when pregnant and nursing.

The thing that'll really get ya is the sore nips... mine got so so so sore for a while... it got a little better after the first trimester, but it hurt a lot when it hit...
October 10th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
Yeah, that has been bugging me for about a week now (before we found out). It just hurts when she nurses, and I started having painful letdowns again. I guess I need to start eating more eggs and peanut butter. I just had lunch 2 hours ago and I'm starving again (Anastasia has nursed twice since lunch as well... so that might be why.)
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

October 10th, 2007, 12:21 PM
CBMS
My letdowns got painful again too!

Then I dried up. I have colostrum now, but Maddie doesn't mind. She comfort nursed the entire time I was dry (maybe six weeks?) and was pretty happy when she started getting something again.
October 10th, 2007, 12:27 PM
I'm pretty sure that if I dry up she'll nurse through that. Most of the time she comfort nurses anyway.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search