Darn Target

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
I went to Target to get the Toaster Strudel deal. I had enough manu q's for 6 TS and printed 6 IC. I also grabbed 1 Tropicana OJ with $1 IC, 1 loaf of bread, Kashi crackers FREE with manu Q, 2 boxes of Lipton tea $.75/2 manu Q and $1/2.

Well stupid Target employee turns on his stupid help light. I just knew it was too good to be true. He spreads out my q's on his stations and the manager comes over and tells me that they can only take 1 IC for the TS. What since does that make, they were able to take the Tropicana Q and it was an IC So I made him take off the other 5 TS he says " you can still use these coupons though." pointing at the manu q's and I said no because I was wanting to use them with the others. Honestly, why would I want to spend $1 when I can get them for $0.36. Anyway, I ended up paying $5.27 OOP and saved $4.25. Somehow I think he shorted me. I called the other Target in my area and they said that they don't have any limit that they are aware of so I am off to that Target tomorrow to get the rest of my TS and to pick up some Juicy Juice boxes with the IC for those ($0.77 per case of 10 after $1 IC )

I did much better at Publix...

4 Publix sodas
3 boxes BOGO cereal w/$1/3 Q
1 Lawry's 30 minute marinade w/ .50/1 Q which was doubled
1 Glade oil candle thing FREE
1 box coffee filters .19 ... had $1/1 Q
1 packet Fleishmann .49 ... had $1 Q
2 Kotex pantyliners clearance for $1 each with $1/2 Q
1 Tampax clearanced for $2
1 Tortilla shells ... no Q

OOP: 14.73

Saved: 19.80
October 10th, 2007, 07:24 PM
CBMS
I had that happen at my target too. I didn't buy any of it. I took my coupons and told her to bite me.

I called and they sent me a coupon for 3.00 off my total purchase. I started going to the big Target after that (not super, just bigger and nicer than the one right up the street). I love that one. No problems, EVER.

As for Publix...

starting tomorrow, the lawry's is BOGO. yikes.

And a question... why'd you get 3 boxes of cereal if it was BOGO?
October 10th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
cuz she had a $1/3 Q

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
October 10th, 2007, 07:33 PM
CBMS
Quote:
cuz she had a $1/3 Q[/b]

I know... but they were BOGO, so the 4th would have been free... I just don't understand not taking the freebie. She was already paying for two, why not take the other one?

(I'm not trying to be snarky... I'm seriously thoroughly confused... not hard to do, though, since I only have half a brain. )
October 10th, 2007, 07:36 PM
gctattoo
Quote:
Quote:
cuz she had a $1/3 Q[/b]

I know... but they were BOGO, so the 4th would have been free... I just don't understand not taking the freebie. She was already paying for two, why not take the other one?

(I'm not trying to be snarky... I'm seriously thoroughly confused... not hard to do, though, since I only have half a brain. )
[/b]
You're right, Kim. I'd get the free one for sure.
October 10th, 2007, 07:38 PM
CBMS
Unless she has a weird publix... the ones here ring up the first item full price and the second as 0.00... so it's crazy not to take it here... some places ring them up at half price. If that's the case, it was totally worth it.
October 10th, 2007, 07:41 PM
WisconsinGirl's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Quote:
cuz she had a $1/3 Q[/b]

[/b]

I know all the stores around here that do BOGO only charge you 1/2 the price for each one. They don't charge full price and then 0. So getting 3 never gets the 4th free automatically. I think the BOGO policies are different everywhere you go.

I went to get Toaster Strudel the other day and my cashier was unhappy about my coupons, too. Luckily, she didn't really speak English so she couldn't complain too much. I told her the computer would tell her if it was wrong and of course it worked! This Target normally gives me zero problems with coupons, but I noticed they just hired a TON of new people and they stare at each and every coupon like it's a mystery to them. Where's the apathy, people!?!?!?!? Cashiers who don't care make my shopping so much easier!

© Southpark Holly, 2007
October 10th, 2007, 07:41 PM
gctattoo
True. I've never been to a store that does the half price thing.
October 10th, 2007, 07:45 PM
CBMS
Quote:
True. I've never been to a store that does the half price thing.[/b]

Me either. And you would think all the publix stores would do it the same, but you never know...

My walgreens does BOGO's at one is a penny cheaper than the regular, and the second one is a penny!
October 11th, 2007, 04:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
cuz she had a $1/3 Q[/b]

[/b]
I wasn't thinking of it that way. But my Publix, and every store around here actually, does the 1/2 price thing. So when they rang up the cereal (which is normally $3.99 a box) it rings through as $2 and $1.99. So when I do the BOGO I will only buy as much cereal as I have copons for. I had more coupons but I am trying to watch my money this month so I held off on buy 6 boxes of cereal.

DH got onto me over the Lawry's too. when I told him it amounted to .25 for the bottle he said I should have gotten the other bottle anyway, whether or not I had an additional coupon. It was BOGO 2/$2.49. I bought 1 @ $1.25 used a .50 Q which was doubled.

OMG! I just checked the coupon database on HCW and found $1/1 Lawry's Woo Hoo! When you reach your print limit, does it ever reset?
October 11th, 2007, 06:01 AM
CBMS
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
cuz she had a $1/3 Q[/b]

[/b]
I wasn't thinking of it that way. But my Publix, and every store around here actually, does the 1/2 price thing. So when they rang up the cereal (which is normally $3.99 a box) it rings through as $2 and $1.99. So when I do the BOGO I will only buy as much cereal as I have copons for. I had more coupons but I am trying to watch my money this month so I held off on buy 6 boxes of cereal.

DH got onto me over the Lawry's too. when I told him it amounted to .25 for the bottle he said I should have gotten the other bottle anyway, whether or not I had an additional coupon. It was BOGO 2/$2.49. I bought 1 @ $1.25 used a .50 Q which was doubled.

OMG! I just checked the coupon database on HCW and found $1/1 Lawry's Woo Hoo! When you reach your print limit, does it ever reset?
[/b]
That makes MUCH more sense then! The way it rings here, it made no sense to me. lol Did your publix week start yesterday? Ours starts today... So you got your Lawry's for half price then? woot! The Lawry's is also on coupons.com right now--That made me happy. I love being able to do something different with my chicken now and then. And it's even better when I can do that for 12 cents (a bottle lasts twice, usually).

Occasionally, yes, the coupons reset.
October 11th, 2007, 06:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes, the stores here all start on Wednesday.
October 11th, 2007, 07:16 AM
CBMS
Quote:
Yes, the stores here all start on Wednesday.[/b]

Every other grocery starts on Wednesday here, but not Publix. They are the exception...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search