More proof that people in this town...

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2007, 09:21 PM
gctattoo
Never throw away their newspapers!! So while the clothes were washing tonight in the craphole laundry mat, I did a little dumpster diving. I know I said I wouldn't do any more DD for the rest of the year, but you'll have to forgive me. It was either that or be subjected to Spanish-language cartoons at the laundry mat. Ummmm......no thank you. And I was just a few blocks away anyway.

I reached my goal of finding two more of the Gillette Fusion coupons so I can get DH two more free razors. And I found something else-- a Parade magazine from January, 1992!!!
It was stinky and yellow. And just plain gross. (which didn't stop me from reading it back at the laundry mat)

Why would somebody keep it for that long? Was it the pic of 16-year-old Sara Gilbert on the cover? And if it meant enough to them to keep it for 15 years, why suddenly throw it away now? It was really strange. Bunch of weirdo people in this town. I fit right in.
December 6th, 2007, 10:03 PM
CBMS
That would be me.

You know what my mom brought me the other day? It's freaking crazy. She was going through the old storage shed at their other house (their rental). She found this folder that I had all my NKOTB stuff in. Magazine articles and stuff from when I was 12, 13, 14...

told you it was crazy. LOL

I don't know if I'm going to keep them... if not, I'll be the one people are saying, "what the hell is this doing in here?" about! :lol
December 7th, 2007, 01:29 AM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I find that same thing here when I DD. There are always newspapers from years ago and coupons too boot. I just look at them longingly thinking ... "Oh, how I wish you weren't expired ..."
December 7th, 2007, 10:08 AM
lillermom99's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thats a hoot! My grandmother is totally like that though. She has time magazines from the 50's! Her barn on her property is just filled with crapola like that and I have to admit it is really interesting to sort through it all and travel back in time!

December 7th, 2007, 10:31 AM
CBMS
Quote:
Thats a hoot! My grandmother is totally like that though. She has time magazines from the 50's! Her barn on her property is just filled with crapola like that and I have to admit it is really interesting to sort through it all and travel back in time![/b]
THOSE would be worth money, though, if they're in good condition. So would old TV guides. Find the right collector, and you've got yourself a fair bit of cash for old mags like that.

http://collectibles.search.ebay.com/time-m...omZR40QQsacatZ1

December 7th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Oh yeah she is hanging on to those puppies for sure! She collects antiques too. I hate to even say this but she has 4 (yes that is right) houses full of 'em! The most hilarious thing about it is that the houses are all within 10 minutes of each other.

The other totally wild thing is that she is totally frugal! She literally pinches every single penny! I guess her weakness if real estate!

December 7th, 2007, 10:50 AM
CBMS
not a bad weakness--real estate and antiques. They gain equity all the time...

I wish I had enough money to invest in some property.
December 7th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Me too Kim. Some day our ship will come in! Some day.....

December 8th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
That would be me.

You know what my mom brought me the other day? It's freaking crazy. She was going through the old storage shed at their other house (their rental). She found this folder that I had all my NKOTB stuff in. Magazine articles and stuff from when I was 12, 13, 14...

told you it was crazy. LOL

I don't know if I'm going to keep them... if not, I'll be the one people are saying, "what the hell is this doing in here?" about! :lol[/b]
How funny...DH and I were just talking about NKOTB last night. Do you remember how really big buttons use to be popular? He was teasing me because I told him I had a HUGE button with all the NKOTB guys on it. How embarassing!

Thanks for my siggy .:shortcake:.
December 9th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Being a super cool NKOTB fan isn't embarassing. Just think how awesomly cool you were then.
December 9th, 2007, 06:10 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I wasn't much of a NKTOB fan. It was just right before my time. My sister was though. I was more of a BSB fan.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
December 9th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Beth ... aren't we the same age? How was I in love with the NKOTB and loathed the BSB by the time they came around and you didn't?

I also had a thing for Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch ... and Doogie Howser, MD ... oh, how I wish he weren't a homosexual. *sigh*
December 9th, 2007, 06:39 PM
gctattoo
I was very anti-NKOTB when they were popular. I don't know why. I guess I didn't find any of them attractive. That being said, I have since found Donnie Wahlberg to be slightly cute. But you didn't hear that from me.

I don't remember liking Doogie Howser that much either. I find that my taste in men was formed quite early and has stuck with me all these years. I like 'em androgynous. I remember swooning over Adam Ant and Boy George when I was about 10 years old. Yep, I still think they're hot--- at least the way they looked back then. And then of course, the whole Poison/hair band thing. I *love* men with long hair and make-up. va-va-va-voom!
December 9th, 2007, 06:52 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I got into music pretty late. Amy Grant was my favorite for a while, but BSB came out when I was in like middle school.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
December 9th, 2007, 07:29 PM
I'm positive I didn't find any of the NKOTB attractive. I still don't. lol. I thought they were 'cool' or some such thing. I was, however, in love with Neil Patrick Harris (aka Doogie Howser). It's the effeminate genius boy that really gets me. lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search