I feel bad for my CVS purchase yesterday

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2007, 05:29 AM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I went to CVS yesterday intending to do the Pepsi deal and the P&G deal. I had 2 packs of diapers in my cart with 2 $2 coupons. Then I decided not to do that deal because they didn't have the feel and learns in the smaller size. Well, I forgot to put thoe coupons back. And I gave them to the cashier at checkout. They didn't beep at all and I didn't have any diapers at all. I got a heck of a deal on the Pepsi and Febreeze that I bought but I lost my diaper coupons. I guess that is not a huge deal because I have like 3 cases of diapers right now. But I do feel bad that I accidentally used coupons for something that I didn't buy.

Anyway, here is what I got.......

3 cases of Pepsi
3 gatorades
2 Febreeze sprays
1 Febreeze plug in
1 Contrex water
1 pair of men's flannel pj pants.

I used $20 in ECB's and got $12.50 back. And my total OOP was $.78.

December 7th, 2007, 05:51 AM
CBMS
oooooooooops. Mistakes happen, Sonja. I've done it. That's actually how I discovered that Publix registers don't beep at that stuff (I haven't repeated that in a major way, just little things--I will use a lipton sides veggies one on regular lipton sides, etc)... my CVS registers beep at EVERYTHING!

Way to go on the itty bitty OOP, even though it was due to a faux pas.
December 7th, 2007, 05:57 AM
gctattoo
Don't feel too bad about it, Sonja. It's not like you deliberately tried to do it. Consider it a bonus to make up for the times you forgot a coupon or a cashier failed to put one through. And since you don't have the coupons anymore, that was the trade off. But I want you to come out ahead anyway and I just happen to have more easy up/feel 'n learn coupies than I will use. I kept finding them in the packages! So I'll send you some to replace the ones you lost.

The fact that they went through is strange. That's happened to me before too. Once at CVS, I forgot to take out the dish detergent coupon from the ones I was using and it still went through. But just the other night, I forgot to put the batteries up on the counter for one transaction and the coupon beeped. I don't know why it sometimes works and other times not. Oh well. One of life's CVS mysteries.

But you still did great at rolling those EB's! Good job!
December 7th, 2007, 06:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Don't feel bad about it, it was an accident! It'll be ok, they'll still get reimbursed from the manu and I'm sure someone bought diapers that day without using a coupon on them so the drawer won't even look funny (not I'm advocating doing it on purpose, just pointing out that your mistake really didn't mess anyone up).

On a sidenote, I stood in the diaper aisle forever at CVS yesterday trying to decide between newborn and size 1 swaddlers. I decided on size 1 and am so glad because when I got home I realized I already have 5 packs of huggies newborn size. Of course there's no way of knowing since the baby could be an itty thing but I doubt we'll need more than 5 packs of newborn.
December 7th, 2007, 06:03 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Don't feel bad. It wasn't intentional. I've accidentally done that before too. It was at Walmart. I had put a couple things back and forgot to put the coupons back. I noticed when I got home and went to sort out some coupons. Honest mistakes happen. It wasn't like you intentionally tried to get away with using extra coupons.

December 7th, 2007, 06:04 AM
CBMS
I was just discussing this. My big girls were chunkers and only used one (POSSIBLY two) packs of NB size diapers. My tiny little Maddie went through like six!
December 7th, 2007, 06:46 AM
Veteran
I think I read somewhere that the P&G coupons are actually ALL interchangeable. So it may have connected it with the Febreeze?
But yeah like everyone else says, don't worry about it. It's not like you did it on purpose.

Amanda - mommy to Madison 7, Anthony 4, Harrison 1 and step-mom to Nick 8.</div>
December 7th, 2007, 06:56 AM
CBMS
Quote:
I think I read somewhere that the P&G coupons are actually ALL interchangeable. So it may have connected it with the Febreeze?
But yeah like everyone else says, don't worry about it. It's not like you did it on purpose.[/b]

I bet you're right. I looked at her list for something else that was P&G, but I had forgotten that febreeze was by them! I totally agree.... you can use a coke zero coupon for regular coke, sprite, what have you; you can use a cheerios coupon for any GM cereal, etc... kind of like my little lipton coupon switch. The company's products all have the same beginning UPC, so therefore, the computer doesn't even realize that it's not the product that coupon is for.

See... at least you were buying P&G. It could have been worse.
December 7th, 2007, 07:02 AM
gctattoo
I've used the little UPC trick myself. Oh my, Kim! Does that mean we're unethical?
December 7th, 2007, 07:34 AM
CBMS
Quote:
I've used the little UPC trick myself. Oh my, Kim! Does that mean we're unethical? [/b]

You betcha!

And I am loving every minute of it.
December 7th, 2007, 08:21 AM
Thanks, ladies. I feel better now. And it does make up for all the times that I bought diapers with no coupons. And you ladies crack me up. I may have to try the UPC thing. I know that I can use the Quaker bites coupons on regular granola bars and stuff like that. Hmmm, interesting to think about.........

December 9th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Quote:
But I want you to come out ahead anyway and I just happen to have more easy up/feel 'n learn coupies than I will use. I kept finding them in the packages! So I'll send you some to replace the ones you lost. [/b]
I just re-read this and I must have skimmed right over you mentioning sending me coupons. I would love the coupons. You are awesome, Teri.

December 9th, 2007, 04:38 PM
gctattoo
Quote:
Quote:
But I want you to come out ahead anyway and I just happen to have more easy up/feel 'n learn coupies than I will use. I kept finding them in the packages! So I'll send you some to replace the ones you lost. [/b]
I just re-read this and I must have skimmed right over you mentioning sending me coupons. I would love the coupons. You are awesome, Teri.
[/b]
Don't worry-- we all do the "Kim skim". I was gonna send them to you regardless. I'll send them off tomorrow. Any others you're looking for? I didn't get a paper today but I do have last week's inserts still. Do you use Easy Ups?
December 9th, 2007, 04:45 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
It's an accident ... it happens. No biggie, doll. We've all done it. It's worse when you do it AND it beeps back, then you look the fool. I hate that.
December 9th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[/b]
Don't worry-- we all do the "Kim skim". I was gonna send them to you regardless. I'll send them off tomorrow. Any others you're looking for? I didn't get a paper today but I do have last week's inserts still. Do you use Easy Ups?
[/b]

If you will not use the Dunkin Donuts coffee I would love that one. We are not using Easy ups yet, but I have bought some for him to use a little later..

December 9th, 2007, 06:42 PM
gctattoo
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gctattoo @ Dec 7 2007, 08:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotemain'>But I want you to come out ahead anyway and I just happen to have more easy up/feel 'n learn coupies than I will use. I kept finding them in the packages! So I'll send you some to replace the ones you lost. [/b]
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

If you will not use the Dunkin Donuts coffee I would love that one. We are not using Easy ups yet, but I have bought some for him to use a little later..
[/b][/quote]

I meant Pull-Ups. Kim sent me a boatload of coupies for them; I'll throw some in there too. And the coffee ones.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search