Christmas cards

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you send out Christmas cards? If so, what kind...homemade, store bought, picture cards? Do you include personal notes, a letter, or just your names? How many do you send out?
December 8th, 2007, 07:48 PM
celeste's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We sent out picture cards, they were cute. It was season's greetings from our family.
December 8th, 2007, 07:58 PM
CBMS
I'm horrible.

I don't send Christmas cards. I always think about it; I always buy a box of cards; I always pick the picture of the kids that I'm going to include with the card... but I never send them. I suck.
December 8th, 2007, 08:30 PM
donomama
We switch off between picture cards and a newsletter. This year, we're doing the picture cards because nothing much exciting happened this year to tell about. We send about 75 cards.
December 8th, 2007, 09:54 PM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
W send cards with a picture inside. Last year we did the picture card. But I got extremely cheap Christmas cards from Walgreens so I am cheaping out printing out pics to put inside.

December 8th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We send out cards. This year since I'm very pregnant we thought about taking a picture to include in some of the cards of our "family" (DH, me, and our dog) but we'll see if that happens. In the past DH has been on staff at a church and so we've had to send out a ton, but this year he's not on staff anywhere so I'm looking forward to sending out 15-30 to our family/friends and being done with it!

Thanks for my siggy .:shortcake:.
December 9th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We send out a card, with a picture enclosed.
December 9th, 2007, 02:02 PM
~Jess~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We did picture cards. At costco, you can get 50 picture cards printed for only $15.99. We sent out 40 of them on Dec. 1st.

December 9th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We do picture cards each year with a newsletter inlcuded. WAG had a day after THanksgiving deal of 20 cards for 5 bucks. I thought I needed 70 ish so we had 80 printed and then Iended up only needing 57 of them. But I give extras to my sisters that still live at home (I ony send 1 card to the house) and the kiddo likes to have some of them for himself. He crumples them up he looks at it so much! It came out to 21.50 including the tax.
December 9th, 2007, 03:52 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I go back and forth on holiday cards. Sometimes I get to it, sometimes I don't. This year, probably not so much. We've never done the picture cards, and we usually don't include pictures anyways. When you're kid-less, there aren't so many people that are in dire search of holiday pictures, it would seem.
December 9th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I go back and forth on holiday cards. Sometimes I get to it, sometimes I don't. This year, probably not so much. We've never done the picture cards, and we usually don't include pictures anyways. When you're kid-less, there aren't so many people that are in dire search of holiday pictures, it would seem. [/b]
We didnt do the picture cards until we had the kiddo. I always pick the picture that he looks the best in as I know that's what people are looking at anyways!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search