Well, I tried to clean the clothes

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2007, 01:25 PM
gctattoo
I managed to save one pair of pants. All the rest are a loss. Some of it started to come out on the other things, but there was just too much of it. It would've taken a year to scrub it all and I'm not about to spend all my time on something that wasn't even my fault. But I am going to give them to the owner and tell him to piss off. DH said I should at least be civil. I am so done being civil. It's not even about the cost of the clothes for me. It's the principle that I took my clothes there to get clean and they ended up worse than they were before. He can sit on his ***** the whole day doing nothing and can't even clean the place or maintain the machines so they don't ruin clothes. I will not pretend to be nice to him anymore. He's getting a piece of my mind and then never see a dime of my money again.
December 9th, 2007, 01:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry that it didn't come out.

Maybe it's bc of the Christmas season, but I've been giving people the benefit of the doubt lately. I really dont think he can be expected to check each and every machine after each person uses it. He may not even have known about the problem. Now on the rat thing, that's just gross, but on this, I'd cut him some slack.
December 9th, 2007, 01:42 PM
gctattoo
I don't believe that the grease was left in the dryer by a previous set of clothes. That really wouldn't be his fault since one wouldn't expect there to be greasy clothes in the dryer. But I do believe the grease came off the machine itself by not being maintained properly. The same thing happened with our comforter in one of the washing machines about a year ago. Grease had come off the moving parts of the machine itself and deposited on the comforter. I didn't mention it to him and was able to get it off. And one of the shirts that was ruined by the grease also got rust stains from the same laundry mat a few weeks ago. She had worn the shirt once. Rust stains are the washer's fault. I lived with rust stains for years when I was growing up.

It's the pattern that annoys me. And it's the fact of having a dirty rat-infested establishment and not caring. Perhaps, I will see what he says about fixing the situation. But I won't go back again. I can't afford to ruin more clothes.
December 9th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to GinaOfAllTrades
I am so sorry you have to go through that mess too, I would be mad also.

What kind of stains was it again?
December 9th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I didn't mean that someone caused the grease to be there, I assumed it came from the actual machine. But machines can be fine one minute and have an issue the next, so perhaps he didnt know about it. I would assume that f he knew he would put an out of order on the machine so that something wouldn't knowingly happen.

Does he have any signs regarding liability and the use of the machines?

Doesn't your apartment complex have machines?

December 9th, 2007, 02:36 PM
gctattoo
Gina, they're grease stains.

Kris, ahhhhh....I get ya. I don't recall any signs about liability. We'll see what happens. Nope, no laundry facilities here. They used to have a laundry room before we moved here but the hurricanes burned it down. Now they are in the middle of turning it into a weight room (been two years now!) because of course being buff trumps clean clothes. It's the dumbest thing ever, is it not?
December 9th, 2007, 02:42 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I understand the point Kris is trying to make, but I do think the jerk that owns the place *should* offer to do something about it. It's the right thing to do, as a business owner, in my humble opinion. I'd be highly, highly annoyed if the laundry ruined my clothes as well. I'm sorry you've had to deal with this hassle.
December 9th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh trust me, I'm sure I'd be much more annoyed if it were happening to me!!! Like Isaid, I guess it's the Christmas season bc I'm being much more understanding/tolerant of people than I normally am.

If there are no signs stating use at own risk or owner not responsible for damage, etc then he totally needs to cough up the money for them!

I can't believe your complex doesn't have some kind of facilities. I was lucky, when we lived in our apartment during our last semester of school/the next year we lived on the first floor and that's where the washers/dryers were (there were only 2 of each) but there were only 12 apartments in the building so it wasn't so bad. We would wait until we had a ton to do and then I'd spend a whole day doing laundry! We were close enough to be able to hear the washer when it was finished!

One more thing to try-Zout. It's in the laundr asile. It's a spray bottle (like a Windex bottle). It says on the back it gets out grease. I've never used it on grease, but it has gotten out every other mark the kiddo has gotten on his clothes-including formula which can be quite staining!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search