Those energy drinks are awful!

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2007, 05:54 PM
gctattoo
Blech! Remember those energy drinks from CVS that are free for the monthly deals plus BOGO last week? Did anyone try them? I didn't drink any of the ones I got that night because they sounded just nasty. I gave them all to my stepdaughter to take home. Well, I needed something to roll some EB's on so I got another pack of them on a different card. OMG! They are the worst things ever! It's like a diet fruit drink that burns all the way down. I had one yesterday and it didn't do a thing for me. And I just drank the other one thinking that it might taste better since it was cold. Nope. Blech.
December 9th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
IF my hubby drank them all the time they would be a diet aid (he totally spent a long time in a gas station bathroom after drinking one on a long trip!!).

Won't catch me trying one!!

December 9th, 2007, 06:07 PM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I'm not a fan of energy drinks. I think they all taste funny.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
December 9th, 2007, 06:08 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
They all remind me of fruit flavored kerosene ... like someone is trying to poison me without me knowing, and failing at it.
December 9th, 2007, 06:13 PM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wonder if they are worth trying to find then...... I love a lot of energy drinks. I think that Red Bull rocks. I wonder if I would like them.

December 9th, 2007, 06:20 PM
gctattoo
Sonja, these taste nothing like Red Bull. I've tried Red Bull and don't mind them. These have a cherry-like flavor with a strong diet aftertaste. And they seriously do burn.
December 9th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Sonja, these taste nothing like Red Bull. I've tried Red Bull and don't mind them. These have a cherry-like flavor with a strong diet aftertaste. And they seriously do burn. [/b]

Hmmm, I may have to get them just to see the look on DH's face if I tell him that they are awesome.

Or is that unethical of me? Buying a product that I do not intend to use correctly when there are so many out there with chronic fatigue?

December 9th, 2007, 07:39 PM
CBMS
Quote:
Quote:
Sonja, these taste nothing like Red Bull. I've tried Red Bull and don't mind them. These have a cherry-like flavor with a strong diet aftertaste. And they seriously do burn. [/b]

Hmmm, I may have to get them just to see the look on DH's face if I tell him that they are awesome.

Or is that unethical of me? Buying a product that I do not intend to use correctly when there are so many out there with chronic fatigue?
[/b]

That's MY line, you brat!
December 9th, 2007, 09:14 PM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
hmm, I might have to try one. I'm an energy drink junkie, and if they're truely that bad, I'd be shocked! So far, haven't tried one I don't like. =-D lol

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

December 9th, 2007, 09:23 PM
CBMS
I seriously don't know what I'll do with mine...

who does one donate energy drinks to?
December 9th, 2007, 09:29 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
College campuses ... it's likely finals week.
December 10th, 2007, 03:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I seriously don't know what I'll do with mine...

who does one donate energy drinks to? [/b]
Let your Mom take them to work. I have heard that some postal workers sleep all day at work
December 10th, 2007, 07:31 AM
CBMS
LOL.

Just because you may do that (because of your chronic fatique... meanwhile, people like Teri and me have bought all the energy drinks up)....

December 10th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]

That's MY line, you brat!
[/b]

It was so good that I had to steal it.

December 10th, 2007, 09:56 AM
1shortmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
I bought some to roll some EB's that were expiring but haven't tried them. I wonder if I could shake them up and shoot them off like rockets? or would that be unethical?

December 10th, 2007, 09:58 AM
BoxerMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to BoxerMom
LOLOLOLOL - You guys crack me up!!

December 10th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Quote:
I bought some to roll some EB's that were expiring but haven't tried them. I wonder if I could shake them up and shoot them off like rockets? or would that be unethical?[/b]

Totally unethical.......take video and share, LOL

December 10th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Send a message via AIM to 1shortmomma Send a message via MSN to 1shortmomma Send a message via Yahoo to 1shortmomma
Quote:
Quote:
I bought some to roll some EB's that were expiring but haven't tried them. I wonder if I could shake them up and shoot them off like rockets? or would that be unethical?[/b]

[/b]
I'll have to wait till I get my new camera then...my current camera doesn't do video!!! LMAO!!!! My dh would think I had totally lost it (not that he doesn't already think that)

December 10th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[/b]
I'll have to wait till I get my new camera then...my current camera doesn't do video!!! LMAO!!!! My dh would think I had totally lost it (not that he doesn't already think that)
[/b]

Honestly, that would be hilarious. Prob get lots of hits on u-tube.

December 10th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Maybe I could get so many hits on YouTube that I could go on Leno or something. The woman that did the mom song got to go on Dr. Phil. Hmmm.....maybe there is a use for the energy drinks after all!!! lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search