Coupons

Forum: Frugal Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Frugal Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Super Mommy
Does anyone have any luck with coupons? Well, some of you do - I've read your posts.

I got the paper today for the first time in ages. Spent a whole $1.50 hoping for that much in coupons. It seems like all the coupons are for junk food or processed food. I snipped a couple of coffee coupons and a spice coupon. The coffee coupons were for $1 off, I think, and so now I'll have to wait for that particular brand of coffee to go on sale to use the coupon. Even if I do wait for the sale, it'll be cheaper to buy the store brand.

I think that the problem is that I cook a lot from scratch. DD has to have gluten free food, so I have to make bread, cakes, cookies, pasta from scratch. What's left to buy? We buy what ever's on sale for meat and vegetables. There's rarely a coupon for rice. There were no coupons today for juice. No coupons for eggs.

When they have coupons for cleaning products, it's still cheaper to buy the store brand.

Is there a place to print out online coupons?
December 9th, 2007, 05:31 PM
soninole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This was a really really bad week for coupons. You can always preview the upcoming coupons at taylortownpreview.com, that way you can decide if you want to buy a paper or not.

And there are several places to print coupons online, coupons.com boodle.com and others. I think that there is a list in the coupon sub-forum.

And as for the cleaning products, the time to buy them is when they are BOGO at CVS, Walgreens or the supermarkets. Or when they are on major sale.

December 9th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks for the taylortownpreview.com. I'm going to be using that.
December 9th, 2007, 06:14 PM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
I cook almost everything from scratch, and so does Kim, and we save TONS with coupons. You just have to wait it out sometimes. The good coupons will come. The trick is to keep all the ones you think you'll ever possibly use as you just never know how good the sales can get. I regularly save $30+ with just coupons, even on a bad week, and we don't buy that much junk either.
December 9th, 2007, 06:54 PM
CBMS
Yep. I make a lot from scratch. I don't have to deal with gluten problems, but I do make a lot from scratch and still utilize my coupons. I am a huge BOGO buyer. I basically wait for BOGOs and use my coupons (I can get a BOGO/2.79, have two 1.00/1 coupons, to make it 2/.79!) I do that a lot.

I always check out the preview too, and if they don't look good to me, then I don't get a paper. There's almost always enough to make me get a paper, though.

I also print coupons online. I use coupons.com mostly. There's also boxtops4education.com, smartsource.com, couponloop.com, etc. Juicyjuice.com is a good place to print your juice coupons, and you should sign up at unclebens.com too. I get emails from them with printables for .50 to 1.00, and I can use them on any of their products. I wait for the 5# bag of rice to go BOGO, and I get two bags for a great price--cheaper than the icky cheap sticky rice...

You can also sign up on your favorite sites--I get coupons in snail mail from Kraft, Ragu, juicy juice, etc. Just go to their sites and sign up.

You can cook a lot of foods from scratch and still save money with coupons. I'm proof.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search